About New York
New York City is a bustling hub of nightlife and activity during the summer months. People flock to Manhattan to spend their days lounging in Central Park, sampling some of the city's best cuisines, and taking in Broadway shows. But there is nothing quite like experiencing a New York summer party. From rooftop bars with stunning views of the Empire State Building to poolside affairs on Long Island, there are countless options to choose from when planning your next bash.
A rooftop soiree is one of the most popular summer bashes in NYC. Enjoy spectacular skyline views from one of Manhattan’s many high-rise buildings while sipping on craft cocktails and snacking on hors d'oeuvres prepared by top-rated chefs. Dance the night away under starry skies as local DJs spin tunes for a truly unforgettable evening!
For those looking for something more laid-back, consider an evening at one of Long Island’s many luxurious outdoor venues. Spend the day in chic cabanas enjoying poolside pampering before indulging in delectable dinners prepared by renowned chefs. After dinner, head to the beach bar and enjoy live music performances or sip champagne under the stars until dawn!
Summer Party Options in New York
Whether you are looking for a casual buffet or a more formal sit-down meal, your event is in great hands with one of New York’s catering companies handling the meals. And, with vast selections of cuisines available, you are sure to end up with a crowd-pleasing menu.
New York City is home to a wealth of talented soloists, bands, and DJs. Summer parties truly rock when there is an ace DJ spinning on the decks. If you want something different, why not include a magician or mentalist in the lineup? The entertainment companies in New York can connect you with the right professionals.
- Party Rentals
Summer party essentials include drink dispensers, ice buckets, fire pits, and popsicles. Most of these items or what you need to make them are accessible from the party supply stores in New York. However, for the one-time-use items needed for your summer shindig, the party rental stores have you covered.
No summer party is complete without a bartender serving up the coldest and most refreshing beverages. Most bartenders come equipped with the necessary tools and they can also help set up your outdoor bar area.
- Equipment Rentals
A summer party should unfold to the tune of thumping acoustics, and the right A/V equipment can create the super-charged energy characteristic of such an occasion. The equipment rental companies in New York can supply audio and visual gear for the event, as well as technical support.
Summer Party Vendors in New York
- Laura Merrill Images
Located in the heart of NYC, Laura Merrill Images began its operations in 2015. Laura specializes in capturing weddings, corporate events, portraits, High fashion shows, and product photography. With the right blend of an informal and professional attitude, she encourages her clients to be themselves and have fun while she captures it all.
- All Borough Party Rentals
Throwing a party should be fun, not stressful. Let All Borough Party Rentals take care of your party supplies needs, so you can focus on enjoying yourself. They stock inventories of rental products, ranging from tables and chairs to china and glassware. Servicing all of Queens, Brooklyn, NYC, and the Bronx, they are your one-stop shop for party rentals.
- Top Tier Catering
Top Tier Catering is a full-service vendor that strives to provide a luxurious, detail-oriented catering experience for any event. They go out of their way to make your event even more memorable by serving fantastic food delivered with southern hospitality. Top Tier Catering also offers in-house menu planning and takeout services.
Pros and Cons of Summer Parties in New York
Summer parties in New York are an exciting way to celebrate the warmer weather and spend time with family and friends. To provide a better understanding of what it means to host a summer party in New York City, here is a list of both advantages and disadvantages:
- Warmer temperatures mean you can enjoy the outdoors for your event, whether hosting an intimate gathering on your rooftop or having a more significant celebration in the park.
- There's no shortage of activities during the summer months in New York City. You can easily plan creative activities that everyone will enjoy, such as scavenger hunts at Central Park or boat rides around Manhattan Island.
- The vibrant cityscape makes for an incredible backdrop for any occasion, allowing guests to experience some of the most iconic buildings, parks, and attractions while celebrating with loved ones.
- Since there are so many businesses catering to summer parties, such as catering services, tent rental companies, and entertainment companies, planning an event has never been easier in NYC.
- Warmer temperatures can also mean increased incidences of pests like mosquitoes which could cause discomfort for guests if not appropriately managed.
- The hustle and bustle of NYC can also make it difficult to find parking near where you’re hosting the party. Depending on where you will be, it may be more cost-effective and less stressful to use public transportation or carpooling options instead whenever possible.
- Depending on how many people are attending, costs may add up quickly with items such as food/drinks/rentals/entertainment, which means budgeting needs to be considered carefully before committing to hosting an event.
Tips on How to Organize Summer Parties in New York
Summer parties are all about fun in the sun! But before you can enjoy the party, you need to get everything organized. Here are a few tips to help you plan the perfect summer party:
- Choose a date and time: The first step is to pick a date and time for the party. Remember, those summer evenings are hotter, so an early afternoon or morning party might be more comfortable for your guests.
- Pick a theme: A fun summer party needs a great theme! Make sure your invitations and decorations match the music, whether it's a luau, pool party, or beach bash.
- Make a guest list: Decide who you want to invite to the party. If you're having trouble narrowing it down, try making a "must-have" list of close friends and family members and then add people from there.
- Send out invitations: Once you have your guest list, it's time to send out invitations. You can hand-deliver them, mail them, or even send them electronically. Include all crucial details, like the date, time, location, and theme.
- Plan the menu: No party is complete without food and drinks. Make sure to have plenty of both on hand and some non-alcoholic options for those who don't drink alcohol or are designated drivers.
- Set up the venue: If you're hosting the party at your home, start by decluttering and deep-cleaning your house. Then set up any furniture or decor you need for the party. If you're hosting at a different location, reserve the space and ensure it's ready for your guests.
- Set up decorated tablescapes: Get creative with your table settings. Use colored tablecloths and napkins, fun centerpieces, and pretty place settings to make your tables look extra festive . make sure there's enough seating for everyone too.
- Don't forget to clean the site: Clean-up is something that often gets overlooked when planning a summer party. Making sure you have enough help after the event should always be considered if you want everything returned to its original state once the celebration ends!
Famous Locations in New York
- The Union Square Holiday Market
Union Square is bordered by Broadway on one side and Fourth Avenue on the other. The Union Square Holiday Market features over 100 vendors selling everything from art and jewelry to food, making it the perfect place to find unique gifts and trinkets. Plus, the market is only open during the summer, so be sure to beat the crowds.
- Christopher Park
Since the summer of 1969, Christopher Park has been a critical player in the LGBT rights movement. The park was added to Stonewall's National Register of Historic Places and the National Historic Landmark list in 1999 and 2000, respectively. Located across the Stonewall Inn, it is a lovely place to go for strolls or indulge in a people-watching session.
- Fifth Avenue
Fifth Avenue is one of New York’s most famous streets, with top designer stores lined up in the area. From Cartier and Tiffany to the Apple Store, Fifth Avenue is a shopper’s haven. Non-shoppers can equally enjoy going on strolls along the street, and the stretch from the New York Public Library to the south end of Central Park is the best!