About New York
New York is an exciting and vibrant destination, full of things to see and do. For centuries, it's been home to some of the world's most influential people and businesses, making it arguably the epicenter of global culture. But there’s more to New York than meets the eye. It has plenty of quirks and secrets that even many locals don’t know. Did you know that the city is home to an underground river? The Saw Mill River runs beneath parts of Yonkers and the Bronx and is still fed by runoff from nearby rivers. If you ever need an emergency snack while walking around town, you can buy a bagel with cream cheese at every corner deli.
Hosting outdoor kitchen space events in the Big Apple can benefit event planners and attendees alike. Being situated in an urban area such as this allows access to various activities while providing an ambiance that will make your occasion stand out from the typical indoor gathering. With its alluring waterfront views, scenic parks, and towering buildings, there are many locations to choose from that will enhance your open-air adventure. Such gatherings let people connect with nature while appreciating food, drinks, and great company outdoors.
Outdoor Kitchen Event Options in New York
A photography service may be used to capture the distinctive vibe of an outdoor kitchen space event. Professionals will utilize carefully-crafted lighting techniques, special lenses, and editing software to ensure that all moments are captured perfectly. The photographs may be used for posting online or sent directly to guests as keepsakes from the gathering.
- Flower Design
This is a great way to add beauty and elegance to an outdoor occasion. Experts will work with you on selecting the fitting arrangement for your occasion, confirming that it matches the feel of your overall theme or color scheme. Flower ornamentation can be a great way to add liveliness and energy to any affair - creating bouquets for table settings or making displays for walls and pathways.
- Party Rentals
Party rentals are essential in dispensing supplementary seating, tables, dishes, utensils, cooking equipment, embellishments, music systems, and more for larger gatherings held in an outdoor kitchen space setting. Professional services offer a diverse range of outdoor items that can cater to any event, ensuring everyone's comfort and convenience without the hassle of bringing items from home.
Outdoor Kitchen Event Vendors in New York
- MMEink Event Prop Rentals
With a vast selection of gorgeous prop and décor items, MMEink Event Prop Rentals will take your social or corporate function to the next level. Whether you require awnings, backdrops, baskets, candles, lamps, mannequins, signs, runners, stands, toys, vases, glasses, or food carts for the outdoor kitchen event, this rental firm has you covered. Plus, with their feature on BizBash, you know you'll be getting only the best in event rental services.
- Craig Geller Photography
As a professional photographer, Craig Geller Photography specializes in providing tailored pictures to capture and immortalize your outdoor kitchen event. He understands the difficulty of upgrading photos and tries hard to make the experience pleasant and rewarding without interrupting guests and other attendees. His expertise will not interrupt the ebb and flow of conversation and guests mingling.
- Shu's Flowers
With their years of experience providing top-notch wedding arrangements, bridal flowers, and a wide selection of other floral options, Shu's Flowers are the fitting choice for attaching a touch of beauty to your outdoor kitchen event. From stunning orchids to elegant terrariums, Shu's has got a plethora of blooms to fulfill all decor needs.
Pros and Cons of Outdoor Kitchen Events in New York
Hosting an event outdoors in New York can bring a special flavor and ambiance to the experience. Below is a list of some of the most prominent pros and cons.
- Utilizing outdoor spaces may reduce costs associated with renting indoor venues, allowing you to put more money into ensuring your event is successful.
- An outdoor kitchen event allows for a greater variety of menu items - since traditional restaurant kitchens are frequently too small to accommodate diverse culinary needs.
- The open-air feel of outdoor affairs enables a larger number of people to attend than what would otherwise be possible inside.
- Weather is a major concern when holding events outdoors, so careful arranging and contingencies are key if you do not want your event ruined due to inclement weather conditions.
- When having an event outdoors, it's more complicated to control the noise from spreading beyond the intended limits than indoor events, where sound levels can be easily managed.
- Occasions taking place outside may require additional permits from local authorities to ensure they comply with all necessary regulations and adhere to health code standards.
Tips on How to Organize Outdoor Kitchen Events in New York
Organizing outdoor kitchen events in New York can be a daunting prospect. Well, here are some tips on how to flourishingly organize them:
- Find a venue – Contemplate factors such as the size of the event, parking availability, amenities on-site, and the cost. Check whether they offer discounts or special deals if hosting the gathering at an outdoor restaurant or bar.
- Choose your menu – The food should be one of your main focuses when planning an outdoor kitchen event in the Big Apple. Assure that you are catering to people’s dietary needs and preferences while also keeping in mind what will hold up well outside. Consider offering dishes like succotash salad, eggplant lasagna, or grilled vegetable skewers–all of which would work great for outdoor dining.
- Select your staff – Look into local restaurants or bars that may have experience with similar events and discover employees who can properly handle tasks such as bartending and serving food.
- Coordinate ventures – When organizing an outdoor kitchen event in New York, plan some activities for guests throughout the night. Some ideas include providing live music or having fun games like the giant Jenga set up for everyone to appreciate.
Famous Locations in New York
- Graffiti Hall of Fame
In the vibrant streets of Harlem, there stands a one-of-a-kind attraction that all graffiti fanatics should add to their bucket list. Spearheaded by community leader Ray "Sting Ray" Rodriguez, this spot has become a haven for the best street artists in the world over the last three decades. Initially created as an outlet for up-and-coming graffiti creators, it has since evolved into an exclusive club for those already at the top of their game. The Graffiti Hall of Fame is notoriously strict about who can be part of its legacy, with its motto being “Strictly Kings or Better.” Whether you want to become a member or appreciate some incredible art, check it out. On weekends, however, visitors are welcome to come in and admire the stunning artwork adorning its walls.
- 5th Avenue
In the 19th century, 5th Avenue went from a pastoral thoroughfare to a playground for the nation's elite, earning it the nickname "Millionaire's Row." While the splendor of New York's high society has largely departed, the street still exudes opulence with its high-end retailers and palatial Beaux-Arts buildings. For those gathering to shop until they drop, Armani, Bergdorf Goodman, and Louis Vuitton are just a few of the exclusive retailers that call this avenue home. Art lovers may take in the stunning collections at the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, while history buffs can visit landmarks such as the St. Patrick's Cathedral.
- Blauvelt State Park
Amidst the urban landscape of Rockland County lies a hidden gem of greenery and picturesque views. The park boasts 590 acres of untouched forest, accessible only by hiking trails leading to breathtaking Hudson Valley vistas. While the place may be undeveloped with limited conveniences, it offers a unique experience for those seeking adventure in nature. Just be sure to bring your furry friends along, as only dogs on a leash not exceeding 6 feet are allowed.