About New York
Founded by Dutch settlers in 1624 as New Amsterdam, New York City has been called the "cultural capital" of America due to its influence on arts and entertainment throughout the country. It's home to several globally renowned universities, including Columbia University and New York University, both offering top-notch education opportunities from undergraduate programs through Ph.D.’s.
The city’s mild weather during the summer months makes it an ideal place for outdoor dining and entertaining. Countless restaurants with outdoor seating and parks allow visitors to bring their own food and enjoy a picnic-style meal. You can also take advantage of the town’s many festivals and ventures, such as music concerts or movie screenings, to make your outdoor dinner party even more memorable. With its wide variety of public spaces and outstanding local cuisine, New York City is a great setting for relishing a delicious meal al fresco while catching up with friends in a relaxed environment.
Outdoor Dinner Party Options in New York
Candles present a romantic atmosphere and a fitting ambiance for any outdoor dinner party. They create a warm glow as guests dine, adding elegance and luxury to the evening. Plus, most items are made of non-toxic, renewable materials like soy or beeswax, making them an eco-friendly option for your outdoor dinner party.
Choose from various flavors, such as chocolate, vanilla, lemon meringue, or fruit-filled cakes that will make your guests want more! Not only do these desserts look beautiful when presented on a table, but they also add an extra layer of sweetness to your outdoor dinner party.
Tableware helps set the tone for your outdoor dinner party by providing an elegant backdrop for all the food served. Also, you can opt for reusable appliances made from sustainable materials, such as bamboo or ceramic, which are more environmentally friendly than disposable options.
Outdoor Dinner Party Vendors in New York
- Candle NYC
Candle NYC is an iconic candle brand that originated from the heart of SoHo in 2017. Using soy wax and essential oils, their candles promise to be non-toxic and paraffin-free. With rich woody and musky notes or refreshing ocean breezes, you can choose the scent that suits your mood and transport yourself to the Big Apple with every flicker.
- Sugar Couture
From whimsical unicorns to detailed replicas of your favorite cartoon characters, there's nothing that Sugar Couture’s talented bakers can't create. Their sugar cookies are just as delicious and versatile, which are also ideal for corporate events and marketing. You can bring a little unusual flair to your next meeting or presentation and watch as your colleagues become die-hard cookie fans. With a long-lasting and intensely flavored secret recipe, there's no excuse not to indulge in some culinary creativity.
- Leader Trading / OSARA New York
This dinnerware, restaurant equipment and supply, and stainless steel fabrication company is in the heart of Bowery, Manhattan. They source most of their items directly from manufacturers, meaning they can offer unbeatable prices without sacrificing quality. They've got you covered with an online store and teleshopping options for restaurant customers. Plus, with fluency in English, Mandarin, Cantonese, Spanish, and Japanese, their team truly knows no bounds.
Pros and Cons of Outdoor Dinner Parties in New York
Outdoor dinner parties in New York can be a great way to appreciate the city's unique atmosphere and connect with friends or loved ones. In planning a wonderful dinner party, take into consideration these pros and cons.
- One of the great pros of having an outdoor dinner party in the Big Apple is the ability to take advantage of nature’s beauty while dining al fresco. All in all, from Park's greenery to Manhattan's rooftops, stunning views enhance the joy of outdoor dining.
- You can access fun options you wouldn’t normally discover indoors, such as live music performances or fireworks displays. This adds an extra element of surprise for your guests and makes for a truly memorable evening.
- Outdoor parties will last long after the event has ended; whether by looking back at photos together or reminiscing about jokes shared over dinner, these moments will stay with everyone involved for years to come.
- Unfortunately due to its location on the East Coast of America, weather conditions in New York can change quickly and unexpectedly. This means that even if you plan your event meticulously, there is still no guarantee that rain won't pour on your parade (or party). Therefore, it’s important to have plan B options such as indoor venues nearby just in case rain decides to attend your event uninvited!
- Buzz levels may need to be kept at a minimum. Playing certain types of music or loud laughter may attract unwanted attention from neighbors or police officers patrolling nearby areas.
- If not managed correctly, insects such as mosquitoes may end up deciding they want a piece of your dinner. Citronella candles help repel little vampires, but if they become too bothersome, guests may opt to leave early—not ideal for intimate gatherings!
Tips on How to Organize Outdoor Dinner Parties in New York
Arranging an outdoor dinner party in New York can be an intimidating endeavor due to the numerous logistical considerations. Here are some tips to help you in the process—let's look at them.
- Plan your menu carefully: Take into account the dietary requirements of each of your guests, so that everyone can enjoy the meal. Remember to factor in any extra condiments or garnishes you may need, as well as serving utensils for dishes like salads or sides.
- Select appropriate furniture: Make sure that whatever table and chairs you have chosen are suitable for al fresco dining. Also, contemplate whether cushions or covers are necessary if you want added comfort for your guests.
- Buy sufficient flatware and crockery: Don’t forget to prepare enough plates, glasses, and cutlery so that everybody has what they need for their snack. Be sure to factor in any special needs (such as non-breakable items for children) when making these preparations.
- Prepare beforehand: The day before the party, confirm all perishables are purchased and stored correctly, and all other items are laid out and ready for use on the day itself. This will save you a lot of time and stress when it comes to setting up on day X.
Famous Locations in New York
- Exhibitions at LUMAS Gallery Soho
Entering LUMAS is like stepping into a kaleidoscope of creativity. It doesn't matter if you're a seasoned collector or a newbie looking to add a pop of color to your home decor; something exciting awaits you on every wall. Moody black and white photography, vibrant paintings that practically leap off the canvas—there are many things to gather. Everything on display screams "forward-thinking," and its contemporary vibe is perfect for anyone looking to add a touch of modernity to their life. So when you hope to snap up the next big thing before it hits the big time, or you want to feast your eyes on some stunning visual art, LUMAS is well worth a visit.
- The Noguchi Museum
Created by Japanese-American sculptor Isamu Noguchi, the Noguchi Museum is a hidden gem that boasts a collection of stunning sculptural works and mesmerizing performance art pieces that will leave you in awe. You can witness this artistry for free on the first Friday of each month. Mark your calendar, set a reminder, and prepare to snag your tickets two weeks before each date at 12 p.m. through their website.
- Poster House Museum
Whoever said that advertisements can't be art clearly hasn't visited the Poster House Museum in New York City. This innovative museum proves that graphic design is a powerful form of creative expression worth exploring in its own right. From the earliest oversized billboards to today's slick digital touch screens, the evolution of postering is on full display here. The spot showcases the history, design, and cultural context of posters worldwide. With interactive installations and witty exhibitions, the institution brings a sense of quest to the often-overlooked advertising world.