About New York
New York is a city that is steeped in history and has been an important cultural and financial hub since its establishment in 1624. Initially founded by Dutch settlers as the trading post of New Amsterdam, New York was eventually ceded to Britain in 1664 and renamed New York. The city soon became a center of commerce and trade, drawing immigrants from around the world. This influx of diversity helped shape New York into the culturally rich metropolis it is today.
However, the hustle and bustle of New York life can be overwhelming for some, which has led to the development of many natural spaces within the city limits. Beyond renowned parks are also many smaller green spaces, such as community gardens and local nature reserves scattered throughout all five boroughs. These offer much-needed natural areas for contemplation and relaxation and offer quite lovely spaces to film videos or set up photoshoots. The beauty of greenspaces within bustling cities is always worth capturing.
Nature Event Options in New York
From the most straightforward outdoor picnic to more elaborate culinary masterpieces, catering businesses are adept at providing delicious food for all gatherings. They know exactly how to make any event an incredible experience with unique eats.
- Furniture Rental
Whether hosting a gathering in your backyard or throwing an outdoor event for hundreds of people, equipment rentals can be the best way. Thankfully, New York is home to many companies specializing in event rental services, and are here to help pick out the perfect pieces for any occasion.
- Event Planners
When attempting to organize an event, you can often feel bogged down with the responsibility. That is why it's generally best to assign this task to a professional. Event planners possess the expertise and resources necessary to ensure that each insignificant detail, ranging from discovering a place of venue to hiring caterers, is handled with care.
Nature Event Vendors in New York
- Top Tier Catering
Top Tier Catering offers full-service, luxurious catering that is detail oriented and focused on creating memorable guest experiences with great food and southern hospitality. No matter what the event may be, Top Tier Catering provides excellent service and is committed to exceeding expectations for each client. They handle everything from in-house menu planning to event catering. They offer helpful consultations as well as basic info for any pre-made menus or catering packages that may be of interest to you.
- Big Dawg Party Rentals
Big Dawg Party Rentals is a provider of party rentals in New York City that offers the most significant level of service, quality, and price. Big Dawg specializes in large parties, corporate catering, raw spaces, and weddings across the Tri-State region. They supply tables and chairs, tablecloths, cutlery, glassware, chargers, furniture, and other accessories for your event. For a decade now, they have supplied quality setups with reliable customer service to many event hosts around New York City.
- The Noise Group
From small gatherings to full-blown celebrations, The Noise Group is prepared to put forth a successful event. Their team specializes in venue selection and planning, always striving for the highest level of satisfaction. Noise Group provides you with an exceptional experience and ensures that you save money. With their preferred rates and customized planning services, they ensure your party is a success, regardless of size. They help hosts take a bit of weight off their shoulders during the planning process, and with their knowledge of reliable vendors around New York City, they can get you the best setup to fit your budget.
Pros and Cons of Nature Spaces in New York
Nature spaces in New York City offer a unique opportunity to experience the outdoors without having to leave the city limits. Whether it’s for a picnic lunch, a stroll, or a day-long adventure, nature spaces bring with them both advantages and disadvantages that should be considered before visiting.
- Nature spaces are filled with lush greenery and breathtaking landscapes that can help alleviate the stress and anxiety associated with living in an urban area. You and your guests are sure to feel much more sociable and relaxed at a social gathering immersed in nature.
- The genuine beauty of a natural space is enough to decorate for a party, leaving you with the option to save money on decor and invest it elsewhere in your event.
- With more than 15 million people living within the five boroughs of New York City, access to natural spaces is often close by and convenient for most residents. Public transit, carpooling and even walking are all quite possible in New York City.
- Due to their popularity among visitors and locals alike, some of New York’s most famous nature spaces can become quite crowded during peak hours or on weekends.
- Since the city government runs most parks through taxpayer funds, they require regular maintenance, so be sure that the space you are interested in is open for events when you book it.
- Although rarer than other parts of nature outside NYC's boundaries, wildlife like ticks and mosquitoes can still exist within natural spaces around the city.
Tips on How to Organize Nature Spaces in New York
Organizing events in nature in New York is an enriching experience. Whether you’re planning a picnic, photoshoot, or party there are some simple tips to keep in mind that can help make your event run smoothly and safely. Here are some helpful tips on how to organize events at nature in New York:
- Before picking a location for your event, check out its regulations and restrictions. Find out if any areas have restricted access to certain activities or if a fee is required for using the area.
- Once you’ve found an ideal spot, decide what activities you want. Knowing exactly what type of activities you plan on doing help make sure that everyone involved has an enjoyable experience.
- Ensure safety by understanding everyone's capabilities regarding particular hiking or rock climbing activities. Consider other factors such as age, physical fitness level, allergies/conditions, etc., so that each person feels comfortable during the event without overexertion or injury due to lack of preparation.
- Above all else, don’t forget to enjoy yourself. Take time to appreciate the beauty around you and create lasting memories with those around you while exploring nature in New York.
Famous Locations in New York
- Flatiron Building
For more than a century, the Flatiron building has been captivating New York City visitors with its unique triangular shape and 22-story skyscraper design. Named after an old-fashioned flatiron due to its distinguishable structure, this iconic architectural marvel was conceptualized by Daniel Burnham's creative genius. Exploring the lobby is highly encouraged as it provides an enlightening insight into the Flatiron building's remarkable history and construction techniques.
- Ellis Island
Ellis Island has a long and fascinating history. Initially used by the Mohegan Native Americans to hunt for fish and oysters, the island was named after its owner, Samuel Ellis, in 1774. It would serve as a military fort during the Revolutionary War and the War of 1812 before being transformed into an immigration station in 1892. Over the next 35 years, more than 8 million immigrants would pass through Ellis Island to start new lives in North America. In 1954, the station was closed down and the island was eventually turned into a national monument. Today, visitors can explore the island's museum and learn more about its role in American history.
- Liberty State Park
With sweeping views of the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, and Lower Manhattan's downtown skyline, it is easy to understand why many consider Liberty State Park one of the most underrated parks in New York City. Spanning 1,212 acres with plenty of spots for a picnic lunch or leisurely stroll, Liberty State Park provides peaceful tranquility amidst its stunning views.