About New York
New York City is a vibrant, bustling metropolis known for its iconic skyline and diverse cultural attractions. But the city also has a rich history that dates back centuries. It was first settled in 1624 by Dutch colonists, and it later became one of the original 13 colonies of the United States in 1776.
The city has long been an important center of commerce, culture, and art. New York's importance as a wedding destination dates back to the 19th century. At that time, wealthy families from across the country flocked to New York to get married in grand style. Numerous extravagant mansions were built at this time to host large weddings or other opulent social gatherings.
New York is still a popular wedding destination due to its iconic venues and scenery, making it an ideal backdrop for any ceremony or reception. In short, there’s no better place than New York City when planning your dream wedding and celebrating your special day with all your family and friends! From luxurious event spaces to breathtaking views and classic touches—you won't be disappointed when saying “I do” under the Big Apple's bright lights!
Large Wedding Options in New York
Hiring a professional photographer is a non-negotiable part of putting together a wedding. Your big day is the last place you want to skimp out on anything, and you should get a professional shutterbug to document the occasion. It assures you the beautiful photos you deserve to commemorate the milestone in your life.
- Wedding Planners
A gооd wedding planner can be worth their weight in gоld when coordinating a large wedding. Wedding planners in New York help with everything from finding a minister to officiate your ceremony to sourcing for vendors. Most importantly, knowing that a professional is handling the finer details gives you the liberty to relax a bit.
Of course, you'll need to feed your guests! Fortunately, there are plenty of catering companies in New York with experience serving up delectable spreads for large parties. A great caterer works with you to come up with a suitable menu for the event, and they also accommodate diverse tastes and preferences.
Large Wedding Vendors in New York
- A La Mode
A La Mode is an event planning business that specializes in creating unforgettable experiences. No matter the occasion, their team of skilled professionals will work tirelessly to bring your vision to life. From decor to catering, they take care of every detail so you can sit back and enjoy the party. A La Mode doesn't just stop at helping you find the perfect outfit—they also offer image consulting services. This way, you can make a great impression and more or less, put your best foot forward.
- Entertainers Worldwide
Hiring a band or solo musician from Entertainers Worldwide is an excellent way to add zest and flair to your occasion. With entertainers in every state, they can supply anything you need for your event, ranging from magicians and comedians to fire performers and singing servers who will surprise your guests.
- The Chef’s Table
The Chef’s Table is a Wholesale Food Caterer that provides catering services to accommodate groups of 50 to 1,500 people. They are experts in outdoor weddings, BBQs, family reunions, corporate events, birthdays, engagements, and more. The team also caters to private dinner parties and they have cooking class programs. Enjoy good food without worrying about the hassle of preparing it.
Pros and Cons of Large Weddings in New York
Introducing large weddings in New York—the ultimate celebration of love and commitment. Hosting your special day in the vibrant, bustling city of New York provides a plethora of advantages, as well as some potential drawbacks. Here are some pros and cons of having a large wedding in the Big Apple:
- There’s something incredibly magical about celebrating your big day with loved ones amongst the iconic skyscrapers and sights that make up New York City’s skyline.
- With its decades-old charm and glamour, New York City offers countless venues to host your ceremony and reception—from classic ballrooms to modern rooftops and lofts.
- In addition to beautiful venues, NYC has an abundance of experienced and reputable wedding vendors who can provide you with everything you need for your special day—from top-notch catering services to experienced photographers.
- If you want to keep your guests entertained, The Big Apple is full of nearby attractions everyone can enjoy before or after the event.
- Large weddings come with a hefty price tag, especially for those in NYC, where venue rental costs can be high compared to other cities.
- Depending on where you’re hosting your wedding in NYC, traffic and parking can be an issue for you and guests who may struggle to get around town.
- The unpredictable weather conditions present another challenge. For example, if you’re planning an outdoor wedding, there’s no guarantee it won’t rain!
- When hosting such a grand affair in one of America’s most popular tourist destinations, there is always the chance that someone might unexpectedly show up uninvited!
Tips on How to Organize Large Weddings in New York
Planning a large wedding in New York City can be an exciting but daunting experience. Here are some tips on how to prepare for and effectively organize a large wedding in New York City:
- Start early: As with any large-scale event, planning your large wedding should begin several months or even years in advance if possible. Researching venues, and vendors, gathering materials, and booking any necessary services takes time and careful consideration. Make sure you start early enough to ensure everything is adequately organized before the big day arrives.
- Begin with a budget: Before you even think about venues, dress fittings, or invitations, create an initial budget that outlines what you are willing to spend on each aspect of your wedding day. This will help you define your priorities before beginning the organization process, and setting realistic financial expectations early on will ensure that there won’t be any surprises later down the line.
- Consider a professional planner: If the thought of tackling such a vast task seems overwhelming, then enlisting the assistance of a professional wedding planner may be a worthwhile option for managing the task at hand. Not only can they take pressure off of you as they have extensive knowledge of local service providers, but they will also be able to provide practical advice and offer creative solutions when needed throughout the planning process.
- Don’t forget about the staff: Ensure that there is sufficient staffing both inside and outside during your reception proceedings: from bartenders serving drinks; waiters attending tables; security guards monitoring guests entering/exiting; cleaning up staff after festivities etc. Make sure everyone knows their responsibilities beforehand, so there is no confusion or delay during your special day!
Famous Locations in New York
- Central Park
More than 20 million people visit Central Park each year, and it’s thanks to the lists of movies and TV shows that have raised its profile. The pаrk offers various activities and attractions, including walking and biking trails, horse-drawn carriage rides, boat rentals, and live concerts. The picturesque backdrop of the park's greenery and landmarks also makes it a popular photoshoot location.
- Conservatory Garden
Located on Fifth Avenue and 105th Street, the Conservatory Garden is a six-acre oasis made up of three distinct gardens. The North Garden features a lovely fountain and numerous flowering shrubs, while the South Garden is known for its serene atmosphere and gorgeous foliage. The Central Garden is the largest of the three and contains a stunning array of flowers, trees, and greenery. From early spring through late October, the Conservatory Garden is a riot of color and beauty, making it an enormously popular retreat.
- Shakespeare Garden
The Shakespeare Garden at the New York Botanical Garden is a hidden oasis of beauty and romance. Behind the leafy fencing, the garden is a secluded haven, perfect for folks looking to escape the hustle and bustle of the city. The park features quaint paths, lovely flowers, and gurgling fountains, all set against majestic trees.