About New York
New York City has long been a major cultural hub, with some of the world’s most influential art galleries, museums, and theaters. Broadway alone hosts over 40 theaters and produces hundreds of popular musicals each year. In addition to being one of the most culturally diverse cities in America, NYC also serves (or served) as the birthplace or residence for many celebrities including Jay Z, Paul Newman, Jennifer Lopez, Leonard Bernstein, Miles Davis, Marc Jacobs, Robert De Niro, Woody Allen, Al Pacino & more. It's also where two critical documents were signed: the Declaration of Independence (1776) and the U.S. Constitution (1787).
Though popular as a metropolitan location, New York City is home to plenty of green spaces, which can be used for events such as wedding receptions. Picture-perfect gardens with lush foliage and colorful flowers are available from all its five boroughs. Imagine beautiful photos taken among blooming flowers, rustic stone paths leading your guests through a captivating landscape, and crisp air dancing around your dress creating a magical feel—all while being situated in one of the most significant towns in the world!
With endless options and unparalleled beauty, hosting your wedding reception at a New York City garden venue will make it an affair you'll remember for years to come.
Garden Wedding Reception Options in New York
Balloons are a common yet classic decor option that can be a great addition to any garden wedding reception. They come in a variety of colors and shapes and can also be customized with names, dates, or pictures for an extra special touch.
- Limo Services
Adding limo services to a garden wedding reception is a luxurious way to make the occasion even more elegant and special. The bride and groom can enjoy a relaxing ride in style while also having the convenience of a chauffeur who will take them from one location to another on their day.
This is an important part of any wedding reception, and the options for catering at a garden wedding are plentiful. From meal options such as grilled beef tenderloin or roasted vegetables with couscous, to side dishes like wild mushroom risotto or roasted butternut squash soup, there are enough delicious items that may be served on your occasion.
- Custom Cakes
Custom cakes for a garden wedding can be made to fit the event's theme, such as using fresh fruit or flowers as decorations or adding elements of nature like leaves or vines into the design. Not only will it look beautiful, but will also be unique and memorable for all those in attendance.
Garden Wedding Reception Vendors in New York
- Julia Fedorova Cakes
Known for their hyper-realistic floral designs and edible decorations, Julia Fedorova Cakes are works of art. Their creations pack a flavor punch like no other. From white chocolate to hazelnut to champagne, there's something for every sweet tooth. And with fillings like sour cherry, orange, and cinnamon apple, you won't be able to resist taking a bite. Minimum orders start at $500.
- Great Performances Catering
Great Performances Catering is a full-service catering company in New York City that takes the reins on everything from meals to decor, so couples can sit back, relax, and enjoy their special day. This woman-owned business has been around for over four decades and evolved from being a waitress staffing company to a full-service catering and event hospitality business. From corporate catering to large-scale events and productions, Great Performances can handle it.
- Automotive Luxury Limo and Car Service
With a plethora of top-notch vehicles at your fingertips, including the likes of limousines, sedans, SUVs, and buses, Automotive Luxury Limo and Car Service can offer you a ride that suits your fancy. And with a team of multi-lingual drivers, communication is never a concern. Whether you’re planning a wedding, party, or bar mitzvah, they've got you covered. The company is fully insured and even offers customers a personal account representative for added peace of mind.
Pros and Cons of Garden Wedding Receptions in New York
With its lush gardens, vibrant energy, and picturesque backdrops, it is no wonder that many couples opt for outdoor spaces for their wedding receptions. Let’s examine the pros and cons of organizing a garden wedding reception in New York.
- Garden weddings in New York generate a memorable environment. Your guests will have a catchy experience, from the sweet scent of the flowers to the beautiful city skyline.
- You can create a fitting setting for your special day by choosing from an array of them across New York City. This allows you to personalize your event and assure it reflects your style and tastes.
- Enjoy spectacular sights of NYC landmarks like the Empire State Building or the Statue of Liberty during your reception! There’s nothing quite like sharing your big day with amazing views like these.
- Unfortunately, outdoor venues come with unforeseeable nature conditions which could potentially put a damper on proceedings if it rains on the day of your big event! Plan ahead by taking out some kind of insurance policy or having indoor options prepared just in case.
- Arranging an event in an open-air venue requires more attention to logistics, such as ensuring there is a reliable power supply, compared to indoor venues. You might need extra staff members or equipment (e.g., tents) to ensure everything runs smoothly on the day.
- Depending on where you choose for your garden wedding venue, you may find yourself restricted by specific ordinances due to noise levels, etc., which could limit what you can do on the day itself.
Tips on How to Organize Garden Wedding Receptions in New York
Garden wedding receptions can be breathtakingly beautiful and memorable occasions. If you choose to host your special day in New York, here are some tips to ensure your reception is organized and runs smoothly.
- Secure permits if necessary: Some gardens may require additional permits or licenses to host a wedding reception. Make sure to contact your local government office to obtain the compulsory paperwork far in advance of the event date.
- Account for sound restrictions: Depending on the size of your guest list and the type of entertainment you’ve chosen (live music vs DJ), there might be certain noise regulations that apply to your venue. Check with local authorities and research ordinances before booking any vendors so you don’t end up receiving an unexpected fine!
- Select catering options carefully: Food and beverages can make or break a wedding reception. When hosting an open-air event without kitchen facilities or nearby running water, search for caterers experienced in off-site affairs who can set up outdoor buffets or dispense tableside service with mobile carts throughout the garden area.
- Decorate minimally: One benefit of a garden venue for a wedding reception is that you can save some money on decorations by letting the natural beauty of the garden enhance your event. Choose nature-inspired elements to match the atmosphere of the garden!
Famous Locations in New York
- Green-Wood Cemetery
As the 19th century rolled around in America, church graveyards had become a real bummer. These places once meant to honor the dearly departed had become hotbeds of nefarious activity, such as robbing graves. Thankfully, the tide was turning, and people were ready to focus on celebrating their loved ones' lives instead of dwelling on death and damnation. That's where Green-Wood Cemetery comes in, inspired by some of Europe's most beautiful and welcoming graveyards. Founded in 1838, it is one of the first rural cemeteries in America.
- Park Slope (Brooklyn)
This beloved neighborhood in the heart of Brooklyn is a haven for households, without sacrificing coolness. Gorgeous tree-lined streets and quaint coffee shops litter the area, making it the perfect spot to grab a bite while taking a lazy stroll. It’s also home to Prospect Park, one of the best parks in all of NYC. And if nature isn't your thing, the Brooklyn Museum and Brooklyn Botanical Garden are only a hop, skip, and jump away. So go ahead, take a break from the chaos of town life, and soak up the soothing atmosphere that is this spot.
- The FRIENDS™ Experience: The One in New York City
The stage is set and the spotlight is on you as you step into The FRIENDS™ Experience, where nostalgia for ‘90s sitcoms reigns supreme. For anyone looking to indulge in the ultimate fan experience, look no further. The recreations are so realistic, you may find yourself living out your very own episodes with the likes of Monica, Rachel, Chandler, and the rest of the gang. It’s a true homage to the beloved show, with every detail lovingly crafted down to the last coffee cup on the table. And the cherry on top: original props from the show make the adventure even more memorable. So if you're ready to step into the world of FRIENDS, come on by and say “How you doin’?” to the ultimate fan experience.