About Los Angeles
Los Angeles is a fascinating and magnetic city located in southern California. It has something to offer everyone, from the casual family vacationer to the high-powered executive. With its sunny beaches, thriving entertainment industry, and glamorous celebrity culture, it is no wonder many people consider Los Angeles the epicenter of glamour and modern life.
Among the unique events that take this city by storm are tea parties! Often hosted in formal gardens or elegant homes in Los Angeles' exclusive neighborhoods, tea parties are a perfect way to spend an afternoon with friends. Guests typically dress in their best attire and sip fine teas while socializing. In addition to traditional teas, modern tea parties often include finger sandwiches, scones, fresh fruits, and other delicious snacks to enjoy.
The beautiful nature of tea parties makes them a popular choice for weddings and celebrations of all kinds. Hosts can choose from an array of venues to suit any style or theme. Think of outdoor patios overlooking the ocean, chic lofts with views of downtown LA's skyline, or lush gardens surrounded by impeccably trimmed hedges and topiaries. And thanks to the city’s temperate climate year-round, tea parties can be held anytime outdoors with little fear of inclement weather ruining the event.
Tea Party Options in Los Angeles
- Event Planners
Planning a tea party is a pot full of fun, but it can also be intimidating if you’ve never organized one before. That is where the event planners in Los Angeles come in. They are there to help you put together an afternoon tea event that would put the “Alice in Wonderland” tea times to shame.
- Tea Stores
The beverage of the day deserves a unique blend, and the selections of tea shops in Los Angeles have everything you need to make every sip count. From custom loose-leaf blends to artisanal options, you definitely want to impress your guests by offering several options.
No tea party is complete without a delicious spread of sweets, sandwiches, and other bitings on the menu. Lists of catering companies in Los Angeles deliver everything from bite-sized sandwiches and pastries to full-fledged meals for tea parties. And if you want something truly unique, there are catering companies that specialize in delivering artistic dishes.
A tea party is a fancy event that calls for you and your guests to dress up. You will all want to keep memories of that day fresh in your minds, so consider hiring a professional photographer in Los Angeles. They can offer on-site printing services, giving your guests something to take home from the occasion.
Hosting a tea party requires you to pull all the stops to make it a truly special occasion. It’s all in the details, and the right decor can conjure up the “Alice in Wonderland” or Victorian-era environment you want for the occasion. The party supply stores in Los Angeles can prove helpful, or you can work with an event decorator.
Tea Party Vendors in Los Angeles
- Sandwich Cookies & Cakes
Sandwich Cookies & Cakes started with a simple idea: two cookies are better than one. They believed that the same could be said for cakes, and from there, they set out to create the perfect dessert experience. Their menu features a variety of classic and creative flavor combinations, all held together by their signature cream filling. Their desserts are beautiful one-of-a-kind works of art, from intricate hand-painted designs to multi-tiered masterpieces.
- Angie's Flowers
Angie's Flowers is a full-service florist that has been operating since 1985. Their focus is supplying party and event decorations, including balloon creations as well as plant rentals for all occasions. The team has experience working on decorating parties, weddings, bridal showers, baby showers, and seasonal decorations for churches and office buildings.
- Mielle Design Studio
Mielle Design Studio strives to add excitement and personality to every custom invitation, giving each customer a unique product. They offer print and digital invitations, with a particular focus on baby and wedding invite designs. Above all, they enjoy working with all customers to produce the best results.
Pros and Cons of Tea Parties in Los Angeles
The Tea Party movement has become increasingly popular in Los Angeles and across the United States. Here is a short list of both the benefits and drawbacks of hosting tea parties in Los Angeles:
- Tea parties offer an opportunity for people to engage with each other on current political issues in a relaxed atmosphere.
- Tea parties also often help build relationships with others with similar interests and beliefs.
- In addition, tea parties can provide an educational experience for attendees. They bring their research and knowledge about different topics so that everyone can learn from each other’s perspectives.
- Tea parties are usually low-cost or even free events, making them accessible to people from all economic backgrounds.
- They tend to attract fringe elements and conspiracy theorists who might look down upon more mainstream opinions or views expressed at such gatherings.
- Even though most participants come with good intentions, it’s not uncommon for heated debates at tea parties due to the highly emotionally charged nature of the conversations.
- Tea parties don’t include much structure or formality. Therefore, it can be difficult for attendees to get anything done besides having heated conversations about various issues.
- Because of their rising popularity throughout the country, many cities have started implementing regulations around hosting such events, which could put additional strain on organizers.
Tips on How to Organize Tea Parties in Los Angeles
Planning a tea party in Los Angeles can be an exciting and memorable experience. It is important to properly organize your event to ensure everyone has an enjoyable time. Here are some helpful tips on managing the perfect tea party in Los Angeles.
- Select a venue: Choose a venue that will accommodate the number of guests you are inviting and allows for the desired theme or atmosphere that you want for the party. Consider the size, layout, cost, convenience, and parking when selecting the ideal spot.
- Determine menu and refreshments: Plan what type of teas you would like to serve along with food items such as sandwiches, scones, pastries, etc., depending on if you are hosting a full high-tea or traditional afternoon tea service. If needed, ask guests about their dietary preferences so that everyone’s needs are considered.
- Rent necessary equipment: Depending on your budget and desired aesthetic, you may consider renting items such as fine china plates/cups/flatware sets, linens, chairs/tables, centerpieces/decorations, servers (if needed), etc., from rental companies or local stores near your venue location.
- Make follow-up calls: Make sure to call each guest a few days beforehand just in case there are any changes due to health concerns or scheduling issues. That way, you can adjust or make necessary arrangements without too much stress!
Famous Locations in Los Angeles
- California Science Center
The California Science Center is home to over 100 interactive science exhibits spanning several galleries. Visitors can learn about ecosystems, see how the physical and living worlds affect each other, and discover amazing environments. The Center also offers a hands-on exhibit where nearly 400 plant and animal species live.
- The Japanese Garden
The Japanese Gardens are known for their natural elements, and they are also devoid of symmetry and exude emptiness. They offer a place for people to think and reflect, often with waterfalls, stone paths, sand areas, and plants in the backdrop. The Suiho En has three traditional sections: a dry karensansui garden, a wet chisen area, and an authentic tea ceremony garden with a Tea Room that can hold 4.5 tatami mats.
- The Getty Center
The Getty Center, a campus of the Getty Museum, is one of the most spectacular museums in the world. The institution contains a variety of art pieces created by renowned artists like Van Gogh, Monet, and Cezanne, in addition to the masterpiece that is its six buildings and gardens. The Getty Center’s design accounts for provisions to protect it from fires and earthquakes.