The history of Denver, Colorado, is a vibrant one. Settled as a mining town in the mid-1800s, the city quickly became an important hub for trade and commerce due to its strategic location at the intersection of two major railroad lines. Over the years, Denver has hosted its share of notable grand events, making it the perfect place to host an occasion with pomp and style.
Denverites also host their smaller-scale tea parties throughout the year—whether formal affairs or casual gatherings with friends and family. These events often feature classic English dishes like scones and finger sandwiches and modern creations like bubble teas or boba balls made with exceptional tapioca pearls.
Teas served at these soirees may range from green to herbal or even oolong varieties that have been slowly brewed for hours before serving. One thing is for sure, your gathering will be an enriching experience against the backdrop of a tea party venue in Denver.
Tea Party Options in Denver
Denver’s florists can help you conjure up a Victorian afternoon tea party atmosphere. With selections of floral arrangements and exotic plants, their services will prove invaluable in dressing up your chosen tea party venue in Denver.
A tea party is a truly special and unique event, which perhaps requires more thought when it comes to decor. Perhaps you are going for an Alice in Wonderland-inspired atmosphere—Denver’s party supply stores have everything needed to conjure up your vision.
- Event Planner
Event planners come on board and assist with everything needed to put together an occasion from start to finish. The professional help gets things done efficiently and often also cost-effectively, because of the industry knowledge they provide.
- Tea Stores
The centerpiece at any tea party is the all-mighty pot full of goodness: tea. It doesn’t hurt to raid a couple of tea stores in Denver for different flavors of loose-leaf tea for the occasion. If anything, offering a selection of artisanal blends is sure to impress your guests.
Is it even a tea party without a delectable spread of sandwiches and other finger food on the menu? Denver’s caterers can supply all the sweet and savory treats needed for the occasion.
The fancy nature of a tea party means that you’ll have a venue filled with guests who are dressed to the nines. Everyone will appreciate having a professional photographer to snap photos of their fashionable ensembles.
Tea Party Vendors in Denver
- Lafayette Florist, Gift Shop & Garden Center
The Lafayette Florist, Gift Shop & Garden Center is a family-owned business that offers fresh flower arrangements and bouquets for every occasion. They also deliver organically grown plants, and their knowledgeable staff can help you find the perfect botanical gifts or floral arrangements for your specific event.
- Balloons Elite
Balloons Elite is an event decor business serving the Denver Metro Area. They take all the stress of decorating your event, leaving you with enough time to focus on other details. Balloons Elite specializes in creating beautiful balloon décor for all types and sizes of celebrations, including birthday parties, weddings, and corporate events.
- Cloud 9 Strings
Cloud 9 Strings is a Denver-based music group specializing in live classical and pop music. The group comprises professional musicians who have performed with some of the world's most famous artists, including Andrea Bocelli, Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, The Moody Blues, and Earth, Wind & Fire. In addition to their classical repertoire, Cloud 9 Strings has an extensive collection of pop music, ranging from Coldplay to Nirvana and Owl City.
Pros and Cons of Tea Parties in Denver
The tea party phenomenon has been steadily growing in Denver for the past few years. Although it can be seen as an antiquated practice compared to the modern times we live in, tea parties have found their place in many hearts and homes throughout the Mile High City. Let's take a closer look at the positive and negative aspects of attending tea parties in Denver.
- Tea parties are an ideal opportunity to reconnect with friends and family members. With busy schedules packed with work, school, or other commitments, it can be hard to find time for socializing.
- Whether experienced in hosting events or still new, tea parties are an excellent way to refine your hosting techniques or learn from other guests who have done it before.
- Tea parties are great for seniors who want something low-key yet satisfying; parents looking to get out of their everyday routines; children who adore dress-up occasions; and young adults seeking alternative entertainment options.
- Tea parties require multiple chairs and tables, which isn't always possible if you live in a small space or apartment complex with limited room sizes.
- Unlike essential snacks like chips or cookies, most traditional tea party recipes tend to require high-end ingredients like fresh fruits and herbs that can be costly on top of already existing expenses such as furniture rentals or decorations needed for a successful event.
- Hosting occasions like this usually come with confident expectations and pressure from yourself and others around you (especially if professional hosts are involved).
Tips on How to Organize Tea Parties in Denver
Making sure your tea party is well organized off the bat will help ensure that your guests have a good time and that everything goes smoothly. Here are a few tips to help you get started:
- Choose a theme: Having a theme sets the tone for your party and makes it more memorable for your guests. Consider choosing a classic tea party theme like “Alice in Wonderland” or “The Secret Garden.” Alternatively, you can come up with something unique.
- Send invitations: Be sure to send out invitations at least two weeks in advance so that your guests have time to RSVP and make any necessary arrangements. Include all the essential details on the invitation, such as the date, time, location, and dress code.
- Prepare a menu: A tea party is not complete without delicious food and drinks on the menu! Decide what you will serve ahead of time so that you can make any necessary shopping trips or preparations. Don't forget to account for special dietary requirements.
- Set the scene: Pay attention to the little details when setting up your tea party. Make sure the table is nicely laid out with pretty plates and cups, and don't forget the flowers! Creating a pleasant atmosphere will help your guests feel relaxed and comfortable.
- Be prepared: Once everything is ready, take a deep breath and relax! Having a few extra supplies on hand will help you deal with any unexpected hiccups on the day of the party. For example, it's a good idea to have extra napkins and cutlery on hand, in case someone spills their drink or drops their food.
Famous Locations in Denver
- Glen Eyrie Castle
Glen Eyrie Castle is an 800-acre property located in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains. The castle is known for its incredible views and was built by General William Jackson Palmer, who founded the Colorado Springs. Today, Glen Eyrie is open to overnight guests, and the property also hosts historical tours, group events, conferences, and retreats.
- Betty Ford Alpine Gardens
The Betty Ford Alpine Gardens, located at the foot of Vail Mountain, intrigue nature lovers and garden enthusiasts alike. The gardens feature a variety of alpine plants, flowers, and streams, all set against the stunning backdrop of the Rocky Mountains. It is the perfect place to enjoy a peaceful stroll through nature and learn more about alpine plants.
- Denver Botanic Gardens
The Denver Botanic Gardens are world-class grounds located in the heart of the city. Spanning more than 23 acres, the gardens feature a variety of parks and plant collections from all over the globe. The gardens are designed to showcase the unique climate and geography of the Rocky Mountains region and to educate and inspire visitors about the importance of plants.