Denver is the capital of Colorado and a beautiful city known for its sweeping mountain views and vibrant culture. It boasts numerous attractions, such as the Denver Museum of Nature and Science, the Denver Zoo, Red Rocks Amphitheatre, Larimer Square, and many more. It has an idyllic and beautiful landscape, with plenty of parks to explore.
When it comes to Christmas parties in Denver, diverse venues host such occasions, whether you want an elegant ballroom or an intimate setting with cozy decorations. Denver offers something for all budgets with affordable spaces that will not break the bank but still provide great value.
With lovely weather year-round, there's no need to worry about snow or rain interfering with your plans! Plus, with some of the most delicious local cuisine available in the area, it's easy to offer up tasty treats that guests will enjoy. Moreover, due to its diverse culture and vibrant nightlife scene, people from all walks of life can come together in one place, making it an excellent destination for hosting a memorable Christmas party that all your guests will love.
Christmas Party Options in Denver
Denver offers a variety of entertainment options for a Christmas party, such as comedy shows, magicians, fortune tellers, karaoke singers, or live music performances. Guests will enjoy interactive activities that create lasting memories of the holiday season.
- Clothes Rental
Denver has several clothing rental stores that offer holiday-themed apparel for rent. Guests can choose from traditional Santa suits and elf costumes to modern Santa-inspired outfits and festive evening wear.
A great way to serve delicious food without all the hassle is to hire a catering service to deliver Christmas dinners and party treats. They can provide everything from appetizers and drinks to main courses and desserts.
To ensure your guests enjoy their drinks responsibly, hiring a bartender is always a good idea - they can mix cocktails, pour glasses of wine and beer, and serve up freshly made punches for everyone to enjoy.
Hiring professional DJs keeps partygoers entertained with a mix of classic Christmas songs and popular music to get everyone on their feet dancing and singing along throughout.
Christmas Party Vendors in Denver
- Mile High Catering
Mile High Catering provides top-quality catering services for all events, big and small. They offer diverse menu options, including appetizers, breakfast banquets, box lunches, corporate catering, and special occasion meals. Their food is always flavorful and freshly made with the highest quality ingredients.
- The Boozy Pony
The Boozy Pony is a truly unique mobile bar experience. With their vintage 1970 horse trailer, they are sure to make an impression at any wedding or special event. The business provides experienced bartenders, cooling space, and water to handle your beverage needs. The Boozy Pony also has all the necessary equipment to provide a professional bar experience for your guests. Whether you need simple beverages served or something more elaborate, The Boozy Pony always delivers.
- Mile High Santa Claus
Mile High Santa Claus is a professional and experienced Santa Claus for hire that serves the greater Denver area. He offers private home visits, neighborhood parades, professional photoshoots, storytime, church events, commercial events, holiday parties, and promotional restaurant visits. He also provides premium entertainment services like sing-alongs with Mrs. Claus and elves.
Pros and Cons of Christmas Party Venues in Denver
Deciding to organize a Christmas party in Denver can be very exciting and beneficial, with some drawbacks to consider. Here is a list of the advantages and disadvantages of organizing a party in Denver during the holiday season.
- There will be many festive decorations available for free or at discounted prices.
- The weather is usually mild during the holidays, making it an ideal time to hold outdoor events.
- Denver offers themed activities, such as ice skating at the outdoor rink or carolers singing on the streets.
- The cost of living in Denver is higher than in other parts of Colorado, which means more overhead expenses when it comes to hosting a party.
- Traffic around the city increases significantly during the holiday season, which could result in late arrivals or difficulty finding parking spots.
- It may be hard to book vendors with availability on short notice if the party is scheduled too close to Christmas Day.
Tips on How to Organize Christmas Party Venues in Denver
Organizing a Christmas party in Denver can be an exciting and enjoyable experience. With preparation, you can pull off a memorable Christmas party. Here are some tips to help you organize the perfect Christmas party in Denver:
- Start planning early - Kicking off the process well in advance will give you plenty of time to research and book suitable venues, find catering services, and handle all other necessary arrangements.
- Pick a suitable date - Make sure to choose a convenient date for most guests. Consider holidays, weekends, and school/ work schedules when deciding the date so that most people can attend without hassle.
- Find great entertainment - Entertainment plays a huge role in making any party successful; therefore, get creative by scheduling live music performances or interesting game shows to keep everyone entertained throughout the night.
- Send out invitations on time - Sending out invitations at least four weeks before the party will ensure that everyone knows about your event ahead of time and has enough time to plan accordingly.
- Get creative with decorations - Decorations play a crucial role in setting the atmosphere for any event; be creative with decorations by using vibrant colors like red and green with holiday-themed items like lights and wreaths.
- Don't forget about food & drinks - Food is usually one of the main components of any holiday celebration, so make sure there is enough food for all your guests and various beverages, including alcoholic options.
Famous Locations in Denver
- Union Station
Union Station in Denver is a remarkable landmark and integral to the city's history. Renowned architect Wilson Meeker built the station in 1881, and it has served as a transportation hub for over one hundred years. After undergoing a massive renovation project in 2014, Union Station now contains more than 20 restaurants, stores, several offices, and the Crawford Hotel, one of the most luxurious accommodations in Denver. The station houses two sculptures commemorating the past: Passage by artist Lawrence Argent, featuring a giant blue bear peering into the window, and The Great Hall Mural by artist Patrociño Barela, depicting Colorado history and its people.
- The Denver Performing Arts Complex
The Denver Performing Arts Complex (DPAC) is an iconic landmark in Denver, featuring 12 acres of outdoor space and ten performance spaces. It is a vibrant hub for culture and entertainment, welcoming more than one million visitors annually. Notable attractions include the sculpture park, which houses Jonathan Borofsky's The Dancers, a 60-foot-tall sculpture. The complex also houses the Buell and Galleria theaters, offering classical and contemporary performances.
- Denver Botanic Gardens
Denver Botanic Gardens is a haven of nature and beauty, allowing guests to experience over 700 varieties of plants. The garden includes unique exhibits, such as the Japanese Garden, Aquatic Garden, and Rock Alpine Garden, allowing visitors to explore different types of flora from other regions. Guests can also enjoy the annual Blooms of Light event, which features colorful LED lights illuminating the gardens for a magical evening. In addition, the gardens feature a variety of educational programs designed to inspire people about horticulture and plant science.