Amidst the hustle and bustle of Texas, Dallas is an alluring city known for its world-class attractions. Being one of the largest metropolitan areas in the country, it brings together a unique blend of culture, art, entertainment and dining. An ever-growing metropolis, it's an impressive city with a strong geographic influence as one of the leading cities in the southwestern United States. It's home to iconic structures like The Sixth Floor Museum and Reunion Tower, and you’re never short on options when it comes to activities in Dallas. From museums to sports teams and scenic rooftop bars, there really is something for everyone in this diverse city.
A great place to host graduation ceremonies, Dallas is known for its luxury venues and soaring, elegant spaces that suit formal events such as these. With so many beautiful celebration spots available—from riverside parks to hotel ballrooms—finding the perfect spot for your ceremony is easy.
Graduation Ceremony Options in Dallas
A photographer can capture the memories of your graduation ceremony. Many professional photographers in the Dallas area would be happy to photograph your graduation ceremony. They can photograph the graduates as they receive their diplomas and as they celebrate with their families and friends. They typically charge by the hour, and most will require a deposit to reserve their services.
- Makeup and Hairstyle
Many people choose to get their makeup and hairstyle done for their graduation ceremony. If you want to feel more confident and look your best for your graduation ceremony, you may want to consider hiring a makeup artist and hairstylist. These professionals can help you achieve the perfect look for your special day.
Flowers can add a touch of elegance to any event, and a graduation ceremony is no exception. You can order flowers for the graduates, for the teachers, or for the stage. You can choose from a variety of flowers, colors, and styles to create a unique look for your ceremony.
Graduation Ceremony Vendors in Dallas
- Dream Photography DFW
Noell Owen has been working professionally as a photographer for over 19 years and has focused mainly on weddings and events in and around the Dallas, Texas area. Capturing special moments and family dynamics is something that Noell is extremely passionate about – she genuinely believes that these types of photographs are not only priceless treasures but also serve as continual sources of love and joy. It is this belief, combined with her natural ability to make those around her feel comfortable, that makes Noell an exceptional photographer. She will always go above and beyond to make sure that her clients are having fun while she captures beautiful images that they will cherish for a lifetime.
- Brittany Deen & Co
Brittany Deen & Co is a full-service salon dedicated to making its clients look and feel their best. Founded in Dallas, TX over 10 years ago, the salon has built a reputation for providing top-notch services to both men and women. From quick trims to full makeovers for special occasions, the team at Brittany Deen & Co takes pride in ensuring that each and every client leaves happy with their experience. In addition to styling hair and doing makeup, the salon's true passion lies in making people feel their best. When you come to Brittany Deen & Co, you can expect to be greeted with a friendly smile and treated to outstanding results in a relaxing atmosphere. So whether you're looking for a new style or just wanting to feel your best, Brittany Deen & Co is the place for you.
- Devin Designs Flowers
Devin Designs Flowers is a full-service floral company that can help make your event special. Owner Darla has been designing unique arrangements for weddings and events for years. She got her start working in her grandfather's rose garden as a young girl. Darla takes pride in her work and has built a reputation for creating beautiful one-of-a-kind arrangements. Her company offers a wide range of services, from table centerpieces to stage decorations, and can work with you to create the perfect ambiance for your event. With over two decades of experience, Devin Designs is the trusted choice for all your floral needs.
Pros and Cons of Graduation Ceremonies in Dallas
Graduation ceremonies in Dallas can be a great way to recognize the accomplishments of graduating students and give them a sense of closure for their academic journey. However, there are various pros and cons to consider when deciding whether or not this is the right option for your needs.
- Dallas has mild temperatures year-round, which makes it an ideal location for outdoor graduation ceremonies at many times of year.
- With its central location in Texas close to major highways and airports, Dallas is easily accessible from many other cities in the region. This makes it a convenient place for out-of-state families to attend the ceremony.
- Dallas has a plethora of impressive venues suitable for large graduation ceremonies, including stadiums, conference centers, auditoriums, outdoor parks, and more.
- Depending on where you choose to host the ceremony, traffic can be an issue due to busy roadways and highways leading into the city center.
- Depending on the time of year when events are held in Dallas, hotel accommodations may be limited or overpriced due to high demand from tourists visiting at the same time.
- There’s plenty of competition for the best venues, so make sure you book the space you want well in advance.
Tips on How to Organize Graduation Ceremonies in Dallas
Planning a graduation ceremony in Dallas can seem like an overwhelming task, but with the right tips and tricks, you'll be able to craft a memorable and meaningful experience for your graduating class. Here are several helpful tips on how to organize graduation ceremonies in Dallas efficiently and effectively:
- Consider hiring a professional planner who specializes in graduation ceremonies. Their expertise and knowledge of the process can help make sure everything runs smoothly and they can also provide valuable advice along the way.
- Set up a registration system so that guests can RSVP online or by phone and have their names added to a guest list for entry into the ceremony. Additionally, it may be useful to hire additional staff members or volunteers to assist with registration at the entrance if needed.
- Choose an appropriate venue for both the ceremony itself as well as any post-ceremony reception or gathering. Make sure it's large enough to accommodate everyone comfortably while also providing enough seating or space for special activities if desired.
- Invest in quality audiovisual equipment such as microphones, speakers, and projectors that will allow presentations at the ceremony to run smoothly without any hiccups or technical difficulties. You’ll find a host of high-quality AV rental companies in the Dallas area.
- Create a timeline for each segment of the program including processional music, speeches from faculty members, student addresses, and other moments throughout the ceremony such as awarding diplomas or recognizing special achievements.
- Have plenty of refreshments available before, during, and after the ceremony so that guests are never left waiting too long between breaks or meals. It may also be useful to include special snacks or treats tailored specifically towards graduates, such as cupcakes decorated with mortar boards!
Famous Locations in Dallas
- Mega Zee Mural
Sanah Brown’s mural “Mega Zee” is one of Dallas’ favorites not only because of its beauty but also because of the message it sends to young people. The mural tells young people to never give up and to dream big, no matter what society might dictate. This message is one that we should all keep alive in ourselves, and it’s something that really resonates in the Dallas community. Sanah Brown says that her inspiration for the mural was her daughter Zee, and she wanted to create something that would inspire other young people who might be struggling with identity issues. The mural has definitely added to the neighborhood by bringing a sense of innocence and hope to the area.
- Old Dallas Central Library
The Old Dallas Central Library is a stunning example of George Dahl's architecture. The library was designed to be the replacement for the 1901 Carnegie Library, and it is larger than its predecessor, with the capacity to hold 800,000 volumes. The auditorium on the second basement floor can seat over 200 people, and there was also a terrace that allows for a rooftop garden. After the J. Erik Jonsson Central Library was completed in 1982, the Dallas Public Library decided to move its collections there. However, Old Dallas Central Library is still an impressive Civic structure that shouldn't be missed. The building has been unoccupied since the library left, which is a shame because it's such a beautiful and historic landmark in downtown Dallas.
- Las Colinas Flower Clock
Ben Carpenter's vision for Las Colinas brought many unique and dynamic landmarks to Irving, Texas, including the Flower Clock. The clock, installed in 1981, is 37 feet diagonally and is surrounded by 900 dwarf hollies. The flowers are changed out four times a year to provide a constant array of colors. The clock even has its own Facebook page. The Las Colinas Flower Clock is a beautiful sight to behold and is heavily photographed by visitors from all over the world. Thanks to Ben Carpenter's originality, Irving is home to the Flower Clock as well as many other unique landmarks. Not only did he bring the Flower Clock to Irving, but also many other landmarks that have become essential parts of people's daily lives.