Chicago, the third largest city in the United States, is a vibrant metropolis. Its downtown skyline is adorned with iconic buildings such as the Willis Tower (formerly Sears Tower) and John Hancock Center. Chicagoland also has an abundance of outdoor activities ranging from swimming at beaches along the lakefront to hiking trails through lush forest preserves surrounding the town limits. Aspiring artists and entrepreneurs flock to this innovative city to make their dreams come true.
Chicago is an amazing city, home to world-class attractions, renowned cuisine, vibrant nightlife, and a rich cultural landscape. It is also a hub for industry conferences and large-scale events. These events are a great way to bring people together from across the globe to network, learn new skills, and brainstorm creative solutions.
If you’re planning to host a conference in the “City of Big Shoulders,” you won’t run out of options to choose from. Hotels, in particular, are abundant in the city and can provide guests with comfort and convenience during the event. From luxurious downtown hotels to suburban gems, there is surely something to fit any budget or event size.
Hotel Conferences Options in Chicago
The catering team should have extensive experience providing large events with a wide selection of dishes or buffet-style catering. They should be able to meet the special dietary needs of guests and offer custom menus tailored to your event. Analyzing customer reviews and feedback will also help determine if the caterers you are considering are reliable and have an excellent track record of success.
Finding performers who can entertain in hotel conferences is worth the effort when looking to create an enjoyable atmosphere during the event. Look for musicians who specialize in different styles such as jazz, classical, pop, rock, or country music depending on the type of event you are hosting. Think about booking multiple acts so there’s a variety of sound throughout the conference.
- Flower Vendors
Ultimately, you want a vendor whose work speaks louder than words—their blossom arrangements must impress! Start by researching creative florists who understand how to set up beautiful and unique displays that capture your theme or color scheme while still remaining budget-friendly. Ask about their ability to source rare varieties not commonly found in flower shops as well as their capability to accommodate last-minute changes due to weather or other unexpected circumstances.
Hotel Conference Vendors in Chicago
Huegah is a catering company founded by Paul and Angie Hitalenko. The company's menu is classically inspired but always seasonal, and the chefs use only the freshest, locally sourced ingredients. And because they understand that no two events are alike, the team takes care to customize a menu to your specific needs and desires. In addition to catering, they also offer event planning services and rentals, such as tables, china, flatware, linens, glassware, buffet equipment, bar equipment, and more.
Rami Hagari, a renowned professional violinist, founded 1-800-Violins in 1980 with the mission to provide clients with an unparalleled level of personalized service. He assembled a team of expert musicians from Chicago, who not only had superior technical skills but were also deeply committed to delivering outstanding customer service. Rami wanted to give customers events that were tailored to their individual needs, so he handpicked his staff accordingly and created a culture of excellence within the organization. As such, 1-800-Violins has become renowned for its ability to design and deliver truly unique and memorable entertainment for every occasion.
- Field & Florist
Field & Florist is a one-of-a-kind floristry business that offers exquisite and eye-catching flower arrangements for weddings, anniversaries, birthdays, and any other special celebration. They take great pride in sourcing the majority of flowers and plants directly from their own farm located in southwest Michigan, ensuring that every bouquet and centerpiece is fresh and regionally produced. The retail store features a walk-in cooler where guests can custom select their own blooms or enlist the help of one of the knowledgeable team members. In addition to cut flowers and potted plants, they also provide an array of different candles, garden tools, home goods, design pieces, and houseplants for purchase.
Pros and Cons of Hotel Conferences in Chicago
There are numerous factors to consider when planning a conference or event, such as the location, the venue, and the type of event. So If you're considering holding your occasion in a hotel, there are both pros and cons to take into account:
- Convenient and accessible: With multiple international airports and a tightly connected public transport network, Chicago is an easily accessible city for those coming from other parts of the country or the world. Plus, numerous luxury hotels offer conference facilities and amenities.
- Ample space to accommodate large groups: Many of the hotels offer large multi-room venues that can host upwards of 1000 people. This allows organizers to lodge a broad range of attendees with ease.
- A vibrant culture: Beyond offering superb hospitality, Chicago provides its visitors with an enriched cultural experience. From historical sites to award-winning restaurants, this town has something for everyone.
- Budget-friendly options: Although many hotels charge hefty fees for conferences, there are also plenty of budget-friendly alternatives available. These can be great for those who need to keep costs down without compromising on quality.
- Limited customization options: Most hotel conference rooms come as is with some limited modification options such as audiovisual equipment setup or food services provided by the hotel’s restaurant. It may not always be possible to make changes depending on your needs or preferences.
- Defined access to outdoor activities: Despite its wealth of attractions, most conferences take place indoors which limits access to rustic ventures like sports or water activities that may help spice up the event program.
- Noise concerns from neighboring guests: Some hotels might contain adjoining rooms which could lead to noise complaints if not managed properly during conferences where loud voices could disturb nearby visitors who came seeking peace during their stay.
Tips on How to Organize Hotel Conferences in Chicago
When you’re planning a conference, it’s important to find the right hotel that can accommodate your needs. After all, the success of your event will largely depend on the venue. Here are a few tips to keep in mind when searching for a hotel for your next conference:
- Make sure that the hotel can provide any special technology or equipment needed for presentations or activities during your conference.
- Take advantage of the natural beauty in the Chicago area by discovering a hotel near landmarks or beautiful scenery. Such an itinerary can add an extra element of fun and enjoyment while breaking up long presentation days.
- Seek out hotels that are environment-friendly, such as those certified by LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design). Not only will this help maintain a clean atmosphere, but it could also save money on energy costs for an extended stay conference.
- Have organized transportation arranged ahead of time for guests who may need rides from the airport or other locations around town to their lodging accommodations quickly and safely.
- Ask about specific policies regarding check-in/check-out times for guests’ convenience. Some establishments may be more flexible than others depending on peak season demand or current occupancy levels.
Famous Locations in Chicago
- The Adler Planetarium
The Planetarium stands out as the first of its kind in the Western Hemisphere, welcoming travelers from numerous different nations. Millions have stepped through its doors to marvel at the night sky and get a glimpse of our solar system and beyond. What makes Adler unique is its combination of scientific exploration and community engagement that continues to inspire people today, despite the pandemic. Thanks to this dedication, anyone can now enjoy a virtual experience of stargazing from their own homes.
- Chicago Cultural Center
The Chicago Cultural Center is a popular destination for visitors in the city, with hundreds of free events and exhibitions hosted within its walls each year. Established in 1897 as the city's first public library, the breathtaking building boasts two grand stained-glass domes which are widely admired for their intricate designs and vibrant colors. In addition to being one of Chicago's most sought-after attractions, the museum holds some of the world's most significant pieces of art and historical objects which would be impossible to find anywhere else.
- The Art Institute of Chicago
The Art Institute of Chicago is home to an impressive and diverse collection of art from all around the world. From Impressionist masterpieces to cutting-edge contemporary works, visitors can explore a wide variety of styles and eras without leaving the museum. The galleries contain both ancient Greek sculptures and colorful Japanese paintings, providing an in-depth look into each period and culture. One can learn about how particular cultures used art as a form of expression or communication. For instance, viewing a mural in ancient Rome might show us how leaders during that time tried to influence public opinion, while a Chinese landscape painting could illustrate the cultural fascination with nature during the Ming Dynasty.