Chicago is known for its breathtaking lake views, diverse neighborhoods, various sports, and so much more. It’s the third-most populous city in the United States and the most populous in the Midwest. There’s something for everyone in the Windy City; it’s a hub for culture, great food, and attractions.
This bustling, culture-packed city provides the perfect setting to celebrate the good things in life. When it's time to host a baby shower, Chicago is an excellent place to consider.
Interesting Fact: Quite a few notable people hail from Chi-town, including Walt Disney, Robin Williams, and Michelle Obama.
Baby Shower Options in Chicago
When hosting a baby shower, consider all the details, like a unique location, tasty eats, precise decor, and convenient transportation. Good news - Chicago has you covered.
- Big Delicious Planet: Founded in 1994, this Chicago restaurant has catered backstage for popular artists and was named “Greenest Caterer in America.” Their large urban farm inspires their catering menus.
- Paramount Events: This family-owned business caters events of all sizes and has Michelin Star restaurant experience.
- Steve’s Flower Market: This market’s team of florists can design arrangements on the spot or work with you prior to an event to create a custom theme.
- Paris312: This low-contact online shop delivers all around the Chicago area.
- Pontarelli: Reach your destination in roomy, contemporary vehicles designed to accommodate all your needs.
- Echo Limousine: Whether you are looking for a limo or smaller vehicle, expect to arrive at your destination in style.
- Equipment Rental
- House of Rental: This company’s been providing event rentals in Chicago for over 50 years and offers furniture, dinnerware, props, party packages, and more.
- Big Hugs Photo Booth: Choose from numerous photo booth options, from green screens to various backdrops.
Event Planning Companies in Chicago
For some extra assistance when planning an unforgettable baby shower, consider working with one of the many expert event planners in Chicago.
- Lola Event Productions
With more than 70 years of experience in planning weddings and events, Lola provides various services, from partial to full planning. The company has been acknowledged by Vogue as the best wedding planner in the midwestern US and by Brides as a top talent wedding planner.
- Bliss Events
For over 20 years, Bliss Events has designed and planned weddings and other events worth celebrating. They’ve been named one of the Best Planners in 2020 and Best Planner in Chicago.
- Kehoe Designs
Kehoe Designs has event planning experience in weddings, mitzvahs, galas, and parties. They offer various services, including floral, custom furniture, and art creation.
Pros and Cons of Baby Showers in Chicago
The Windy City has a lot to offer. Its big-city conveniences and venue varieties are just a couple of the reasons to plan a baby shower here. However, with the perks come a few considerations, so plan accordingly.
- If you need help, you’ll find it here.
Chicago has numerous vendors geared around events and festivals.
- Event venues are plentiful.
Options range from open indoor spaces to peaceful outdoor scenes.
- Central location
Chicago is a breeze to access by plane, car, or train.
- The atmosphere is fantastic.
The Windy City's packed with urban charm, from the stunning Lake Michigan and dramatic city skyline to its vibrant arts and culture scene.
- The weather
Chicago’s climate is a bit volatile, and conditions can change rapidly. Outdoor baby showers may be hard to plan.
- Traffic congestion can cause delays and frustration.
However, using a transportation service can help alleviate this struggle.
- Parking can also be a challenge.
Most parking requires payment, and spots can be tough to find.
- High cost of living
Lodging and vendor fees can get pricey.
Famous Baby Shower Locations in Chicago
Chicago has a vibrant past and a lot of noteworthy places. When you plan a baby shower in Chicago, don’t miss:
- Millennium Park
In downtown Chicago, this sprawling park is home to the 110-ton Cloud Gate (aka The Bean) sculpture. Several event venues are located throughout the park, including Wrigley Square and the Rooftop Terrace.
- Navy Pier
This lakefront gem was once an amusement area and shipping facility. Now it’s a popular attraction with gardens, parks, and breathtaking venues.
- Catalyst Ranch
This quirky event space offers a vibrant atmosphere and has been awarded "Most Unique Venue in Chicago," "Best in Show," and more.
- Lake Michigan
Plan a baby shower like no other; book a private luxury yacht rental on Lake Michigan. Adeline’s Sea Moose is nearly 70 feet long and can accommodate small gatherings or guests by the dozens. Outdoor and indoor lounge areas offer panoramic views of the city and lake.
Start planning your Chicago baby shower today!