Chicago is the third-largest city in the United States and has a rich, vibrant history. Dubbed “The Windy City,” it is home to many iconic sites, such as Sears Tower, Navy Pier, and Grant Park. Throughout Chicago's history, it has been a mecca for music lovers from all genres, from jazz to blues to classical to rock 'n' roll.
As well as being home to some of America's most extraordinary musical acts throughout history, Chicago is also a significant site for music festivals such as Lollapalooza, Pitchfork Music Festival, and Riot Fest, which draw thousands of music fans each year from all over the country (and sometimes the world). Besides its bustling downtown scene, there are also diverse country venues in Chicago that provide a backdrop for diverse occasions.
From horseback riding and hayrides to music and dancing, these venues present an ideal opportunity to sample the joy of countryside life - perfect for any celebration! Such an occasion can be livelier with bands playing country tunes in the background as well as local food trucks delivering delectable meals.
Country Party Options in Chicago
- Event Planners
Event planners in Chicago excel at taking the lead when it comes to curating various occasions, including country-themed events. From handling the decorations to finding vendors who can set up activities such as hayrides and horseback riding, these professionals ensure that all the details are taken care of so you can enjoy your special occasion.
- Event Rentals
Event rental companies in Chicago supply the perfect items to outfit any space for a country party. Whether you need chairs, tables, or decor items like bales of hay or vintage barrels, these rental businesses have vast inventories of items that can truly make your event stand out from the rest.
- Party Supplies
Party supply stores in Chicago carry an array of event decorations. That includes plastic barnyard animals and lasso cutouts as well as balloons and banners. A majority also offer customization services.
Country Party Vendors in Chicago
- Milli K Events and Hospitality
Founded by Kayla Miller, Milli K has over seven years of experience in event management and production. Based in Chicago, Milli K will travel wherever you are to provide top-tier event services. These services include venue selection, contract negotiation, event design, and day-of coordination.
Paris312 has years of experience helping Chicagoans turn their parties into stunning celebrations. Whether you're looking for custom balloon bouquets or one-of-a-kind décor, their experts work with you to create a look that perfectly reflects your vision.
- Chicago Casino & Poker Rentals
Chicago Casino & Poker Rentals carries an extensive inventory of high-quality casino equipment and they also offer the services of professional and personable dealers. Their catalog includes casino-quality tables and equipment as well as games like Blackjack, Poker, Craps, Pai Gow, Roulette, and Let It Ride - plus Slot Machines and Money Wheels.
Pros and Cons of Country Parties in Chicago
Hosting a country party in Chicago allows guests to step away from the hustle and bustle of city life into a fun place with activities such as hayrides and live music. Still, there are a few considerations to have in mind when planning a country-themed event in Chicago:
- Country parties in Chicago allow guests to experience the city's unique, rustic charm, and with the city’s diverse neighborhoods, there are endless selections of venues to explore.
- Chicago is a foodie city, and guests will enjoy sampling thematic dishes, alongside trying out activities like horseback riding and hayrides, as well as live music and dancing.
- Moreover, country party venues in Chicago are the perfect choice for large-scale events and they provide suitable entertainment for all ages.
- Compared to regular gatherings, country parties can be quite costly because of the costs associated with getting thematic supplies and contracting the services of the right vendors.
- Because of the city’s size, some country venues in Chicago are not easy to locate or access for visitors unfamiliar with the area. This could add a cost implication related to transport logistics.
- Depending on the weather, outdoor events can pose additional challenges, such as strong winds or extreme heat.
Tips on How to Organize Country Parties in Chicago
Planning a country party in Chicago can be a daunting task. There are many things to consider, from the guest list to the decorations and music. The following tips will guide you through the necessary steps involved in organizing an unforgettable country party in Chicago.
- Choose the Perfect Venue: When choosing a venue for your country party, you want to pick a location that can accommodate your guests comfortably and has enough space for the scheduled activities. Consider outdoor spaces like parks or gardens and indoor options like banquet halls or restaurants.
- Set the Tone with Decorations: Use hay bales, bandanas, old mason jars, and twinkle lights to add rustic charm to your space. Incorporate elements of country life such as cowboy boots or horseshoes.
- Pick Your Playlist: Work on a playlist ahead of time with current and classic country tunes. Don’t forget about dancing songs either; line dances are always fun!
- Send Guests Home Happy: It’s always a nice touch to give your guests something special at the end of the occasion. Put together small gift bags with items like custom koozies or keychains for them to take home after the festivities.
Famous Locations in Chicago
- Downtown Macy's
Downtown Macy's is one of the most iconic department stores in Chicago. The store opened its doors in 1881 and has been a staple of the city's retail scene ever since. Macy's is known for its expansive selection of merchandise, ranging from clothing and cosmetics to housewares and furniture. The store also boasts an impressive array of designer labels, making it a favorite destination for fashion-savvy shoppers. In recent years, Macy's has faced stiff competition from online retailers, but it has managed to stay afloat by offering unique experiences that cannot be replicated online.
- Myopic Books
Explore the world of books at Myopic Books, a three-story used bookstore with 80,000 captivating titles. On the main level, you'll find works from local authors and presses, plus an impressive selection of zines and comics. Looking to deepen your spiritual practice? The second story boasts religious texts from nearly every faith tradition imaginable! When hunger strikes, head to their cafe for Blue Bottle coffee and baked goods or check out a happy hour in the upstairs bar where wells and drafts are half off - talk about being book intelligent AND savvy!
- Stevenson Skatepark
Chicago, Stevenson Skatepark is a 12,000-square-foot space that offers plenty of room for skaters of any skill level - novice or expert! From quarter pipes and fun boxes to rails and other obstacles, there's something here that everyone can enjoy. Not only this but if you need a break from skating, take a seat at the nearby park bench and soak up the beautiful view!