About New Orleans
Located in the southeastern part of Louisiana, New Orleans is a city that is famous for its unique culture, music, and cuisine. From the spicy aromas of crawfish etouffee to the soulful sounds of jazz drifting through the streets at night, NOLA has its own distinct flavor that sets it apart from other cities. Of course, there’s also the city’s noteworthy skyline, which is a stunningly beautiful sight that serves as a reminder of why so many people flock to this vibrant city each year.
With a plethora of high-rise buildings, panoramic views of the Crescent City below, and balmy year-round weather, there’s no better place to host an epic birthday party than on one of these lofty rooftops. Whether you’re celebrating your milestone or just want to enjoy a few drinks while admiring the skyline, the rooftop venues in New Orleans are sure to make your special day even more memorable.
Rooftop Birthday Party Options in New Orleans
Hiring a catering company can provide delicious food and drinks for the guests that can be customized to their wishes, such as providing vegan options or opting for dishes with a New Orleans twist. Professional caterers will ensure that all of the dietary needs of each guest are taken into consideration, as well as guarantee that all of the food is of high quality and fresh.
- Party Equipment
By availing of party equipment rentals, you gain access to a variety of amenities and furnishings that you need for your rooftop birthday party. From seating arrangements and stylish canopies to state-of-the-art sound systems and ambient lighting, these items help create a captivating ambiance, transforming any rooftop into a dynamic and inviting space.
A live band or DJ can add great energy and entertainment to any celebration as guests will be able to enjoy music from different genres, from jazz to hip-hop or even country. Moreover, having a live performance at the rooftop birthday party will make it more memorable and lively.
Rooftop Birthday Party Vendors in New Orleans
- Elysian Events Catering
Elysian Events Catering is the perfect choice for custom event catering in New Orleans. With experience in restaurants and the local hospitality industry, they have everything necessary to make your event extraordinary. They offer fresh, seasonal ingredients and provide staff for your event; they also have traditional offerings, such as breakfast, lunch, buffets, and plated dinners their options also include canapé stations, passed hors d'oeuvres, and even chargrilled and raw oyster bar catering service. Furthermore, their team works with clients to ensure their vision is honored from planning to execution in order to create the perfect menu tailored for each event and budget.
- Firefly Ambiance
Firefly Ambiance is an innovative boutique rental company offering exclusive event furnishings and decorations to transform any venue. Located in New Orleans and available for travel throughout the Gulf States, Firefly Ambiance specializes in weddings, corporate events, and private parties. They provide delivery and setup services for their products including lounge furniture, hedge walls, backdrops, arches, chandeliers, decorative lighting, and more. With a wide range of services and products on offer, Firefly Ambiance strives to make every event unique and special with the perfect combination of design and decor tailored to fit any budget.
- Music and Lights Entertainment
Music and Lights Entertainment is a professional DJ entertainment services and rental company located in New Orleans. Established in 2012, they provide quality event and entertainment services for events of all sizes. With 13 years of combined experience in the industry, their DJs have access to high-grade equipment, ensuring an unforgettable experience for guests. Their customized services allow clients to tailor music and MC services, light shows, and more to their exact specifications.
Pros and Cons of Rooftop Birthday Parties in New Orleans
Rooftop birthday parties in New Orleans can be a great way to take advantage of the city's beautiful views and vibrant atmosphere while celebrating with family and friends. However, there are both pros and cons associated with this type of celebration that should be taken into consideration before deciding on a venue.
- Unobstructed views: A rooftop party in New Orleans provides guests with unparalleled views of the city's skyline, as well as the nearby Mississippi River and Gulf Coast.
- Weather: On warm days, rooftop parties offer a comfortable outdoor space for guests to enjoy. With ample shade and breezes, guests can stay cool while still taking in the views.
- Variety of options: Rooftop venues offer a wide variety of additional amenities such as lounge seating, firepits, or sound systems so you don’t have to bring your own equipment.
- Easy transportation options: The bustling public transportation system in New Orleans makes it easy for guests to arrive at your rooftop venue no matter where they're staying in the city.
- Risk of inclement weather conditions: As great as the scenery is atop rooftops in New Orleans, they also come with the risk that bad weather might ruin your event.
- Noise restrictions: If you plan on having live music or playing loud music at your event, you should ensure that the roof you rent is allowed for such activities due to noise ordinances.
- Limited decorating space: When compared to indoor spaces, outdoor rooftops often have limited space for decorations or activities like dancing or games.
- Capacity limits: Many rooftop venues have stricter capacity limits than indoor venues, which means you may have to limit your guest list depending on the size of the space.
Tips on How to Organize Rooftop Birthday Parties in New Orleans
With its picturesque views of the city skyline and the classic jazz music playing in the background, hosting a rooftop party in New Orleans has the potential to be something really special. Below are some tips on how to organize this type of event successfully:
- Utilize outdoor space: Whether it’s terrace seating or an outdoor bar, take advantage of the open air and create space for your guests to mingle. Think about adding some plants or string lights to give your guests an enhanced atmosphere.
- Get creative with seating arrangements: Rooftops can often be quite spacious so don’t be afraid to get creative with seating arrangements; for instance, try having people sit around a big table or arrange lounges when space permits as this can add more life and energy to the party.
- Prepare for weather changes: The weather in New Orleans can change quickly so make sure you have backup plans such as tents, umbrellas, and blankets ready in case of rain or strong winds.
- Make sure there is proper lighting: You want your rooftop venue to be well-lit, especially if it’s going to be dark outside. String lights are always a great option for adding ambiance, but you may also need additional lighting such as spotlights or torches if you plan on having activities after dark.
- Have music playing during the party: Music sets the mood and makes any event more enjoyable, which is why you should consider hiring a DJ or live band for your party. However, you need to be mindful of playing music too loudly in case of noise ordinances in the area.
Famous Locations in New Orleans
- Scrap House
Scrap House, a stunning sculpture by artist Sally Heller, pays tribute to the victims of Hurricane Katrina in a unique way. This impressive piece of art stands out with its resemblance to Dorothy's house from The Wizard of Oz, but with a twist that makes it all the more captivating. Constructed from oil drums and metal pieces, it is an eye-catching fixture that is sure to impress any onlooker. Inside the house, a single light shines bright, providing hope for those who lost their homes and are seeking to return. Standing across from the Convention Center, the Scrap House is a poignant symbol of the resilience of the human spirit in the face of tragedy.
- Voodoo Spiritual Temple
The Voodoo Spiritual Temple in New Orleans is an eclectic mix of various spiritual beliefs and practices from around the world. Miriam William, the head of the temple, has created a unique space that showcases Mexican, Tibetan, and Balinese religious artifacts alongside voodoo symbols and relics. Visitors are invited to join in on Miriam's lectures, where they can gain insight into not just voodoo, but also New Age mysticism and other global religions. Although the temple operates on an irregular schedule, a visit is worth the effort as it is an experience that one will always remember.
- Alcee Fortier Park
Nestled in a vibrant area of New Orleans, Alcee Fortier Park is a bright spot with plenty of whimsical charm. The park is adorned with twinkling lights and funky, eclectic furnishings that beckon visitors to sit and stay for a while. Across the street, Esplanade Ave offers some of the best dining and shopping in the city, making the park a perfect spot for a leisurely stroll before or after enjoying some of the local fare. In the evenings, families flock to the park for outdoor movie screenings and a chance to soak up the lively atmosphere that permeates this bustling neighborhood.