About New Orleans
New Orleans is a source of culture, music, and enthralling customs. With its distinct Creole and French influences, the city has become a hub for tourism in the Southern United States. But this Louisiana city is not just a hub of tourist attractions; it is a mecca for creative projects.
With a mix of natural beauty, classic charm, cutting-edge technology, and alluring nightlife, many content creators choose New Orleans as a production destination. From large sound stages to intimate spaces designed specifically for product photography, studios in New Orleans offer photographers and filmmakers the opportunity to capture the essence of The Big Easy.
And with a wide range of rental possibilities, from full-service studios complete with the equipment needed to green screen backdrops perfect for virtual productions, there are plenty of options for every project. So whether you are working on a glamorous ad campaign or a product instructions video, get ready to find yourself swept away by its timeless magic!
Product Shoot Options in New Orleans
Decorations improve the ambiance of the studio space. They add color and texture while creating a theme that sets the stage for the product shoot. When chosen carefully, these items bring together the aesthetics of the shoot and make it look more professional.
- Props Stylist
Props stylists are responsible for selecting props that work with the product and the overall theme of the shoot. They showcase a product and make it stand out from other items. A prop stylist creates interesting scenes with different backgrounds, textures, colors, and shapes that will make shooting easier for crew members.
- Lens & Lighting
The right lenses and lighting equipment are essential to any successful product shoot. The type of lens used determines how close or far away an item appears in a shot, while illumination affects how sharp or dull a picture looks.
Product Shoot Vendors in New Orleans
- Urban Earth Studios
Urban Earth Studios has been a leader in the event design and production industry for over 20 years, offering clients the full rental service of props, decorations, and furnishings for movie sets, photoshoots, and other special events. Urban Earth is well equipped with an extensive selection of decor, ranging from modern to mid-century rustic.
- Britten Inc.
Britten Inc. is a creative production house that leverages its advanced design, printing, fabrication, and manufacturing capabilities to create high-impact campaigns and promotional ideas. Their team strives to provide clients with impactful imagery and messaging that capture attention. They also supply lightweight and durable backdrop banner options to choose from. Britten is committed to creating innovative marketing materials and unforgettable event experiences.
- Available Lighting
This rental house based in New Orleans offers an extensive inventory of grip and film lighting and still photo lighting equipment for film, video, TV productions, and photoshoots. The company features pre-packaged grip trucks with movie quiet generators and grip gear. All rental services come with reliable customer support, ensuring clients receive exceptional service and timely deliveries.
Pros and Cons of Product Shoot Studios in New Orleans
To determine if working within a product shoot studio in New Orleans is the best option for you, it's essential to consider the advantages and disadvantages.
- Professional photo shoot studios offer advanced equipment and post-production technology that can help create high-quality photos.
- Photography studios provide a controlled environment for product photography by eliminating distractions, helping photographers capture the best angles and ideal composition for each shot.
- Working in a studio eliminates most hazards associated with outdoor shoots, including inclement weather, wildlife, or unsafe environments.
- While studios often provide better control over lighting conditions, achieving some effects can be challenging due to the lack of natural light sources.
- Most photo studios tend to be small spaces, making it challenging to photograph products or items with multiple components without adjustments or changes to the layout.
- Depending on the complexity of the shoot, photographers may be required to work within strict timeframes and deadlines set by the studio to deliver results on time.
Tips on How to Organize Product Shoot Studios in New Orleans
When setting up a product shoot in a studio, there are many things to consider. It is essential to take the necessary steps so that the photo shoot is successful and the crew and clients are comfortable during the process. Here are five tips that will help improve any studio space used for a product shoot.
- Get organized: Create a production board with the necessary information regarding the photo shoot. These details include contact info, booking details, timelines, and deadlines.
- Be prepared: Have the necessary materials, including lighting equipment, backdrops, props, camera equipment, and lenses.
- Choose a theme: Working with an aesthetic in mind creates fluidity throughout your set-up and brings unity to your photos. For instance, using similar colors or shapes within each scene can add cohesion.
- Use natural light: Illumination adds dimension to images, and natural sources limit the need to invest in expensive lighting equipment or generators. Use natural light sources such as windows or outdoor skylights whenever available.
Famous Locations in New Orleans
- New Orleans Museum of Art
Found inside City Park, the New Orleans Museum of Art opened its doors in 1911. The museum displays special exhibitions, stunning architecture, and breathtaking galleries of art from around the world. The marble atrium allows visitors to admire its grandeur before heading upstairs to explore the galleries, which house collections of African, Asian, Native American, and Oceanic art. And for those with a busy schedule, the museum is open late on select Friday nights.
- Couturie Forest
Located just outside New Orleans East, Couturie Forest is a breathtaking natural space filled with acres of beautiful hardwood forest. One of the most notable features of this park is Laborde Mountain, which stands at an impressive 43 feet above the surrounding area, offering visitors breathtaking panoramic views of the park. Despite its natural beauty, be aware that some isolated areas contain trash left behind by temporary forest residents. Overall, Couturie Forest is the perfect spot for nature lovers to take a relaxing stroll and escape the hustle and bustle of the city.
Discover a whole new world of insects and arthropods at the Insectarium, where you can immerse yourself in a multisensory adventure that delights visitors of all ages. Nestled in the historic US Custom House in New Orleans, the museum offers a fascinating glimpse into the world of bugs, from listening to their chirps to tasting them in the Bug Appetit room. The serene Japanese-inspired Butterfly Garden is where graceful butterflies flutter among peaceful koi fish. The museum also features the Louisiana Swamp Gallery and Insects of New Orleans display, highlighting local creepy crawlies.