About Las Vegas
Las Vegas is a vibrant, bustling city in the Mojave Desert in Nevada. Nicknamed “Sin City,” Las Vegas is known for its 24-hour casinos and entertainment venues located on the iconic Strip and downtown. With over 300 days of sunshine annually, Las Vegas is an ideal destination for visitors looking to explore the great outdoors.
For event organizers and conference planners, Las Vegas is one of the most popular destinations for hosting events due to its variety of unique venues for every type of event imaginable. But what sets Las Vegas apart when it comes to hosting conferences and events is its unusual selection of venues, including luxury suites on top of skyscrapers and underground concert halls. Even pirate ships and underwater habitats can be rented if you’re looking for something entirely out of this world! These and more help create an unforgettable experience for attendees.
In addition, since most hotels are centrally located close to each other – usually within walking distance – it makes transportation easier when attending multiple events throughout the week or weekend. That’s why planning an unusual conference in Las Vegas is much simpler than in many major cities across the US.
Unusual Conference Options in Las Vegas
An unusual conference venue calls for an extraordinary catering service in Las Vegas. They may want to re-imagine traditional dishes, put their original spin on them, and be creative with dietary requests. Work with a catering company willing to go the extra mile to impress you and your guests through impeccable service.
- Setup and Design
You can build an unusual conference venue from scratch or turn an existing space into a unique meeting room. No matter the case, you should work with an expert in setup, design, and layout to ensure the venue is functional and can accommodate your attendees.
Looking to add some fun and flair to your event? Then consider using balloons! There are lots of businesses that can provide everything from simple balloon arches to elaborate character displays. There are even companies that specialize in creating giant balloon sculptures.
Add a bit of flair to your conference by hiring professional bartenders to mix and serve drinks. They should be experienced in the industry and have mastered the art of mixology to take guest requests and make their own creative cocktails.
Unusual Conference Vendors in Las Vegas
MixxieMixologist is a premier mobile bartending company serving the Henderson and Las Vegas areas. No matter where the event takes place, they will bring luxury and style to make it memorable. Their goal is to be the leading provider of luxurious adult beverages and serve delicious cocktails to elevate your celebration and create a fun atmosphere for you and your guests. They strive to make each event unique and memorable, always putting their clients' happiness first.
- Creative Souls Eventz
Creative Souls Eventz understands that no two events are identical. That's why the team offers a wide range of balloon decoration options to suit any occasion. From hotel setups and arches to balloon bouquets and mosaics, it has something for every style and design need. It also offers quick delivery and setup options to save you time.
- Ray Rays Catering & Events
This is a family-owned business that offers a variety of delicious cuisine options. The owners, Donna and Ray, have combined their backgrounds to provide a catering experience that satisfies and pleases everyone. In addition to food, the team also offers event management and event floral arrangements for every occasion.
Pros and Cons of Unusual Conferences in Las Vegas
Las Vegas is a lovely place to host a meeting or conference because it has a lot to offer in terms of entertainment and facilities. However, some people may find the city too rowdy or chaotic for a business event. For your guide, here's a list of the pros and cons of hosting an unusual conference in the city to help you make an informed choice:
- Choosing an unusual conference venue in Las Vegas can be a great way to add intrigue and excitement to your corporate function.
- An unusual venue will give your attendees something to talk about long after the event.
- Unusual conferences allow you to cater to a specific niche audience and make a memorable statement.
- Unusual venues may be more expensive than traditional convention spaces.
- Putting together an unusual space for a conference can require more planning and coordination than traditional meeting sites.
- Not everyone may be interested in the unusual theme of the conference and prefer a more traditional approach.
Tips on How to Organize Unusual Conferences in Las Vegas
Are you looking for tips on organizing an unusual conference in Vegas? Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Choose a theme: A theme can influence various aspects of your conference, including speaker content, decoration, invitations, and venue type. Pick one that will appeal to your target audience and help you achieve your goals and objectives.
- Be creative: Think outside the box when it comes to venues. Unusual locations like converted industrial spaces or abandoned warehouses can add an element of intrigue to your event.
- Promote your conference: In addition to traditional methods like print and online ads, consider using guerilla marketing techniques to get people talking about your occasion.
- Don't ignore the small details: Little touches like gothic decorations or themed food and drink can leave a lasting impression on your guests. Incorporate your theme into brochures, programs, marketing, invitations, etc.
Famous Locations in Las Vegas
- Lee Canyon
Situated just outside the bustling city of Vegas, Lee Canyon offers a welcome escape to nature. In the winter, it provides skiing and snowboarding lessons and programs for all ages. And when the temperatures start to rise, there are plenty of other outdoor activities to enjoy, from mountain biking and hiking to scenic chair rides.
- Calico Hills
If you're looking for a bit of adventure away from the city’s hustle and bustle, head to Calico Hills. This hiking and rock climbing haven is perfect for those who want to explore the great outdoors. With a network of desert rocks and trails, it's easy to get lost in this unique landscape. The average hike can take about 3 hours, but the stunning views are well worth it. Just be sure to go when the weather is cooler and pack plenty of water.
- The Neon Museum
Established in 1996, the Neon Museum in Las Vegas is an impressive cultural attraction unique to Sin City. The area used to be a storage site for old neon signs but is now a full-pledged Neon Museum in the busy Downtown Las Vegas. It features exhibitions and tours, boasting over 200 rescued historic neon sign pieces from more than 200 Las Vegas properties across the Neon Boneyard. Visitors are welcome to hop on a guided tour and learn about the glowing glory of the historical chapter of the City of Lights.