Houston is an exciting city known for its world-renowned educational and cultural opportunities, as well as its vibrant business community. With a population of more than two million people, Houston is the fourth-largest city in the United States. Not only is Houston a great place to work, live and have fun in, but the city also offers many stunning temple venues for hosting special events. Additionally, many of these religious institutions offer a range of services including rentals for special occasions such as anniversaries or birthday parties.
The climate in Houston is generally mild year-round with temperatures ranging from chilly winters to hot summers. This makes it easy to plan outdoor events on temple grounds during any season without worrying about extreme weather conditions interfering with your plans. Houston temple venues are often nearby parks and gardens where you can have receptions or religious ceremonies if desired.
No matter what type of event you need to organize in Houston’s temple locations, the ideal venue that fits all your needs and budget requirements is easily found and booked in this versatile city.
Temple Event Options in Houston
- Video/Photo Production
Numerous video and photo production companies in Houston can help with your event. Talented production professionals can help with filming, photography, and even creating videos or slideshows of your event.
Experienced decorating companies in Houston can help you turn your temple event into a beautiful and unforgettable experience. Knowledgeable and creative vendors can provide everything from flowers and plants to fabric and drapery, ensuring that every detail is taken care of.
Florists can provide beautiful flowers and theme related arrangements for your temple space. Floral specialists can provide everything from table centerpieces to indoor or outdoor decorations and floral arches.
Houston has many entertainers with individual talents to add to the special event. From DJs and bands to harpists and bagpipers, find the perfect entertainment for your unique temple event in Houston.
Temple Event Vendors in Houston
- Breen’s Florist
Established in 1943, Breen’s Florist is a second-generation, family business that offers the extra touch when it comes to every event they assist with. Highly experienced with arrangements and design, the team has a standard of quality that extends from working with your vision to making your budget work. Four locations allow prompt delivery and caring relationships to develop with clients.
Props2go is a full-service event production company specializing in the design, fabrication, and rental of custom props and sets for trade shows, conventions, corporate events, and private parties. They are located minutes from downtown Houston, in the heart of the city's vibrant theater district. Their state-of-the-art workshop is equipped with the latest tools and technology, and their team of skilled artisans has over a decade of experience in creating one-of-a-kind props and sets. Props2go is the perfect way to promote your brand uniquely and excitingly or add some extra excitement to your next event.
- Cafe Natalie Catering
Listed on The Knot’s Best of Weddings Hall of Fame, Cafe Natalie is skilled and experienced with events from corporate occasions to weddings. An event specialist is ready to assist with details like staffing, menus and bar packages. The team will help you decide on your theme and how to match a menu to the occasion. In person tastings are par for the course, so the ideal selection is easily made.
Pros and Cons of Temple Events in Houston
Temple locations in Houston offer both benefits and drawbacks for hosting an event. Consider the following:
- Temple spaces provide a unique atmosphere that guests will remember fondly and associate with the event long after it has concluded.
- Temples are often well-known within their communities, so they may draw more attention from those who would not have heard about an event held elsewhere.
- Some temples may have staff members dedicated to helping organize and run events held on their grounds, which can save time and make arrangements much easier than if done somewhere else without support available.
- It can also be time-consuming and difficult to secure the temple space, as there are often additional requirements that must be met before approval is granted.
- The noise level of an event in a temple can be disruptive to other events taking place at the same time or on different days.
- Since some temples are not designed with events in mind, it can be challenging to find suitable accommodations for all attendees, as well as adequate amenities such as restrooms, food, and beverages.
Tips on How to Organize Temple Events in Houston
Houston is home to a variety of temples, so you'll have no trouble finding one that is the perfect size and style for your event. However, there are a few things to keep in mind when organizing your event at temple locations in Houston:
- Regulations and Guidelines: Research the regulations and guidelines for hosting events at different temples in Houston in advance — make sure you understand the rules, capacities, and other requirements.
- Parking: Ensure that there is adequate parking available if your guests are driving.
- Vendors: Contact vendors such as caterers and decorators who specialize in temple events — this will save you time and energy when organizing an event.
- Religious Festivals: Take into account any religious festivals or observances that may be taking place around the same time as your event.
- Backup Plan: Have a backup plan in case of emergencies — while most temple locations are quite secure, it’s important to be prepared in case something unexpected were to happen.
Famous Locations in Houston
- Houston Museum District
Head south of downtown Houston to the Museum District and find 14 museums ready for exploration. Make it easy by renting a B-Cycle to get from one attraction to the next. Museums include intriguing exhibits like the Czech Center Museum Houston, Houston Museum of Natural Science, Diverseworks, The Menil Collection, Contemporary Arts Museum Houston and so much more. Take part in hands-on exhibits for the kids or view contemporary photography works. This collection of museums will entertain you for several days.
- Buffalo Bayou Park
Meander through 160 acres of landscape developed into gardens, hike and bike trails, picnic areas and public art displays. An award winning area, B-Cycle and Bayou Bike Rentals allow visitors to peddle through the green space. Kayaks and canoes are also available for rent. Work up your appetite and then look for an onsite food truck or the restaurant located at Lost Lake to sate your appetite.
- POST Houston
POST is the redevelopment of the historic Post Office of Barbara Jordan in the city’s downtown Theater District. More than five hundred thousand square foot building was in use by the U.S. government from 1936-2014. The building is home to one of the world’s largest rooftop farms and parks, a concert venue, bars, restaurants, flexible co-working space, and an international market hall. The POST development, designed by world-famous architecture firm OMA, aspires to bring new life to the north downtown area of the city. It is a mixed-use space with areas for arts and entertainment, creative workspaces, restaurants, and shopping.