Houston is a vibrant and ever-growing city in southeastern Texas. The fourth-largest city in the United States, Houston is home to many attractions and activities that appeal to all types of travelers. From its sprawling space center and bustling downtown area to its professional sports teams and world-renowned medical center, this city has something for everyone. With an abundance of outdoor activities, restaurants, cultural venues, and more, Houston's motto of "Everything’s Bigger Here" rings true.
For those looking for a fun night out on the town or a low-key evening at home, Houston offers myriad options. Whether you're searching for trendy bars and nightclubs or intimate gatherings with friends, there's plenty to enjoy in this diverse city. Dining out is always popular here, with numerous award-winning restaurants scattered throughout the city.
If you'd rather stay in, you can host a home party with your nearest and dearest. From humble cottages and bungalows to modern apartments, mansions, and estates, there’s a diverse array of home party spaces in Houston. Keep reading to find out how to make your Houston home party one to remember.
Home Party Options in Houston
There are numerous companies in the Houston area that offer event decorating services. From floral arrangements and table linens to themed décor and custom backdrops, these businesses can help you create a beautiful and unique party space.
- Equipment Rentals
If you don't have the necessary equipment to host your party at home, there are plenty of rental businesses in Houston that can help. From tents and tables to catering equipment and audio/visual gear, these companies can provide everything you need to make your event a success.
Music is a key component of any party, and there are many different ways to provide it at your home event. You could hire a band or DJ, use online streaming services, or even set up a karaoke machine.
Catering can take the stress out of hosting a party and ensure that your guests are well-fed. Many caterers in the Houston area can provide everything from simple snacks to full-blown buffet meals.
Home Party Vendors in Houston
- Sky High Party Rentals
Sky High Party Rentals is all about inflatable fun! They've got a wide selection of bounce houses and water slides to choose from, and their team is experienced in setting up inflatables of all shapes and sizes. Whether you're hosting a backyard birthday party or a large corporate event, they can help make your event a success. And for even more fun, add one of their concession machines to your rental package. Their goal is to provide a hassle-free party rental experience, so you can relax and enjoy your event.
- Boballoons 360
At Boballoons 360, they understand how important it is to make memories that will last a lifetime. That's why they offer unique and creative yard balloons in Houston. Their balloons are perfect for any occasion, whether you're celebrating a birthday or anniversary or just wanting to show someone how much you care. With their wide selection of colors and designs and experienced staff on hand, Boballoons 360 can help you choose the perfect balloon decorations for your event.
- Aztec Events & Tents
If you need any extra equipment to help make your party run smoothly, Aztec Events & Tents can help. This trusted party rental company has been serving the Houston area for more than 40 years and offers a huge equipment inventory to help you plan a successful event. Its inventory includes everything from glassware and flatware to lighting, lounge furniture, and tents, so start searching for the party products you need today.
Pros and Cons of Home Parties in Houston
There are many benefits to hosting a party at home, but there are also some potential drawbacks to consider. Below are outlined some of the advantages and disadvantages of home party spaces in Houston:
- Party homes are often more intimate and personal than public venues, creating a more memorable experience for your guests.
- There may be more flexibility in terms of what you can do with the space in terms of decorations.
- You’ll find a huge range of homes to choose from in Houston, from small and intimate venues to much grander homes and estates.
- Hosting a party in a private home may require more work on your part in terms of planning and execution.
- Home venues may not offer the same amenities and facilities as dedicated event venues.
- The most sought-after homes book out well in advance, so you’ll need to make sure that you get in early.
Tips on How to Organize Home Parties in Houston
Home parties are a great way to celebrate any occasion, but they can also be a lot of work. Below are some tips on how to make sure your home party is a success:
- Establish a budget: Before launching into the planning process, set a budget for your party so you can make sure you don't overspend and can prioritize what's important to you. Take into consideration the cost of food, decorations, and other items you may need for the party.
- Select a location: Depending on your budget and how many people are attending, decide what sort of venue will suit your needs. Make sure it’s big enough to accommodate all your guests comfortably and has access to necessary amenities such as bathrooms.
- Choose a date: Consider when guests are most likely to be available and what date best fits your schedule. You may want to consider holidays or special events like birthdays or anniversaries when picking out a date.
- Create an invitation list: Make sure you have an accurate guest list with names and contact information so you can send out invitations accordingly. You could also create an online invitation through specialist websites or send physical invites if desired.
- Decide on food options: Determine what type of cuisine would be best suited for the occasion by considering everyone’s dietary needs and preferences. If necessary, call around to different catering companies in Houston that offer different options within your budget range.
Famous Locations in Houston
- Sesquicentennial Park
Sesquicentennial Park is an urban park in downtown Houston that was established in 1989. The park is located along the banks of Buffalo Bayou and covers 22.5 acres. It was created to commemorate the 150th anniversary of both the founding of the city of Houston and the Republic of Texas, featuring some of Houston's most notable landmarks, including the Sam Houston Monument, Hermann Park, Miller Outdoor Theatre, and Discovery Green. The park also has many restaurants and cafes, as well as a playground and a dog park.
- Annunciation Catholic Church
The Houston neighborhood of Montrose is home to one of the city's oldest churches, the Annunciation Catholic Church. The most recent restoration was completed in 1883 by renowned Texas architect Nicholas Clayton. The church, which features romanesque and gothic architecture and is located across the street from Minute Maid Park, is a sacred place of worship for many people. "Proclaiming the good news of the Gospel in majestic beauty" is at the heart of what this church does, as anyone who has visited can attest.
- Space Center Houston
No visit to Houston is complete without checking out Space Center Houston. This much-loved attraction is a must-see for anyone who can’t help but be fascinated by space exploration. Spend the day here, and you can marvel at a flown SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket, a replica of the shuttle Independence, a collection of spacesuits, and multiple craft that have flown in space. Put simply, it’s one of the best family-friendly attractions in Houston.