Houston is located in the South-central region of Texas and is the fourth largest city in the United States. Houston is particularly well known for its significant contributions to the energy industry, due to its large petroleum refining and petrochemicals industry. Because of Houston's place as an industrial center, many recognize it as Texas' economic engine. It also makes space exploration available to humanity with the famously renowned Johnson Space Center — home of Mission Control. This fact alone makes Houston stand out from other cities across America and around the world.
Despite its humongous size, people remain close in this bustling metropolis; friends will live just a couple of neighborhoods over from each other and feel like family. And when friends come together, you can find them grilling out or playing games — getting together with friends is seen as one of Houston's best hobbies! Booking a home space for a party, special event or neighborhood gathering is as easy as narrowing your options and selecting the home that ticks all the boxes.
Home Space Options in Houston
Catering is a great option for events as it involves providing food and drink for guests. Some popular options include caterers that specialize in different types of cuisine, such as Italian, Chinese, or Indian. Additionally, many catering services also offer additional services like decorations and linens, so you can customize your event to suit your needs.
- Event Planner
For those looking to throw a memorable event, hiring an experienced event planner is the way to go. With their extensive knowledge of all aspects related to planning events, from selecting venues and designing decor designs to setting up transportation and booking entertainment or speakers — they'll make sure your day runs without any snags!
If you're planning a large event with plenty of drinks, it's often a good idea to hire bartenders to keep the bar area running smoothly. These professionals can help ensure that guests get their drinks quickly, and they will also be able to provide helpful advice on drink pairings or new cocktail recipes if you need some inspiration.
For special events with a more formal atmosphere, such as weddings or anniversary parties, booking live music can really enhance the experience for your guests. There are many different types of musicians available for hire, from classical ensembles to jazz bands and cover artists. You may even be able to find performers that specialize in playing particular genres of music or play an instrument that fits the style of your event.
Home Space Vendors in Houston
- Houston Grazing Tables
At Houston Grazing Tables, they believe that every occasion deserves to be special. That's why they offer a variety of hand-crafted tables, boxes, and private dinners that are sure to make your event unforgettable. From birthday parties and bridal showers to corporate functions and holiday gatherings, they have something for everyone. And because they know how busy life can be, they offer a stress-free experience from start to finish. So whether you're looking for a unique way to celebrate a milestone or simply want to enjoy a delicious meal with friends at home, they've got you covered.
- Piper and Muse
Piper & Muse is a planning boutique that specializes in creating signature events. They believe that every story is unique, and they strive to reflect that uniqueness in each event that they plan. The team works closely with their clients to get an understanding of their vision for home events, and then the company uses a decade of experience to bring that vision to life. They take care of all the details so that clients can simply enjoy an event day. Piper and Muse`s goal is to create an affair that will be remembered for a lifetime.
- The Traveling Spirit
With the help of family and friends, the team at The Traveling Spirit has remodeled a 1959 cardinal caravan camper into a mobile bar. With these single-tap draft system bars, you will be able to serve Prosecco, Rosé, and cocktails on tap with ease. No matter the event, they have an umbrella and sign option to fit your needs. The Traveling Spirit can even make vinyl signage specific to your event. This company also designs mobile bars with small businesses and owners in mind, made right here in HTX. If you want to make your event unforgettable or impress potential customers, their one-of-a themes carts will do the job! They're perfect for weddings or as a new business venture.
Pros and Cons of Home Spaces in Houston
Looking at the U.S. Census data, one thing is clear: the typical new single-family home has been consistently getting larger throughout recent decades and now stands at over 2,600 square feet in size! Houston takes this phenomenon to a whole other level with an average home that's almost 3,000 square feet. Of course, having such extra space brings several benefits like being able to host more people for special occasions, but it also comes with its own set of drawbacks.
- Home spaces tend to be more cost-effective than traditional event venues, making them an ideal choice for those on a tight budget.
- Kitchen facilities come standard in many home spaces, making them ideal for caterers and event planners who need to prepare food on-site.
- Hosting gatherings in a home space adds an exclusive, personal touch to it that cannot be replicated in any other environment. Such events feel truly exceptional and memorable!
- Home spaces may not be available for longer or larger events, as they are typically intended for more intimate gatherings.
- Since home spaces are often used by private individuals or families, there may not be the same level of professional event planning support that is available with other venues. This can make it more difficult to manage aspects like catering, entertainment, and decor.
- Home spaces may not have the same resources and equipment as other venues, which can make it challenging to host certain types of events or activities at these locations. For example, a large stage or dance floor may not be available in a home space.
Tips on How to Organize Home Spaces in Houston
Organizing events in home spaces in Houston can be a great way to get together with friends and family. Whether you are looking to host a small gathering or an extravagant soiree, there are several tips and tricks for making sure your event goes off without a hitch.
- Research venues: Before selecting the perfect space for your event, research all of the available options around Houston. Consider factors like size and capacity, amenities, cost, ease of access, catering options, and parking availability.
- Make a timeline: Once you have chosen your venue, create a timeline that outlines when each step needs to be completed. This will help you stay organized and ensure that tasks are completed on time.
- Hire professionals: If you are overwhelmed by planning an event alone or don’t have the necessary skill set, consider hiring professionals to help with everything from coordinating vendors to designing decorations.
- Reserve rentals: Along with professional services, reserve any rental items such as furniture and lighting far ahead of the event date, as these can fill up quickly during peak season.
Famous Locations in Houston
- Houston Museum of Natural Science
The Houston Museum of Natural Science is one of the city's most beloved cultural institutions. The museum, which was founded over 100 years ago, houses many permanent and rotating exhibits, a planetarium, as well as an indoor butterfly garden. However, the most popular stop inside the HMNS is the Morian Hall of Paleontology. The comprehensive exhibit chronicles 3.5 billion years of history with many mounted fossils display as well as corresponding realistic animal illustrations. The Houston Museum of Natural Science is a true paradise for dinosaur admirers, complete with megalodons chasing elephants, countless tyrannosaurus rexes, and even an enormous prehistoric sloth. However it's not only the dinosaurs that make HMNS so special; visitors also have access to a wide selection of minerals, bones, and taxidermy specimens — making this one of the most visited museums in the city!
- Downtown Aquarium
Houston’s Downtown Aquarium is a perfect destination for a day of family fun. This 500,000-gallon facility, located on the northern edge of downtown, has a broad assortment of aquatic animals as well as four rare white tigers. In addition, visitors can enjoy exciting shows and educational interactive exhibits. A small amusement park outside of Houston features a Ferris wheel with views of the downtown skyline. With so many things to see and do in one location, it’s easy to spend all day visiting just this one attraction. The Downtown Aquarium in Houston is perfect for a fun day out, whether you want to learn about aquatic life or not.
- McGovern Centennial Gardens
To celebrate Hermann Park's 100th anniversary in 2014, the McGovern Centennial Gardens opened and quickly became a go-to weekend destination for Houstonians. Approximately 500 trees, 55,000 flowering plants, and a productive educational "edible" garden filled with fresh produce and herbs can all be found within the 8-acre fenced-in gardens. A hiking trail zig-zags up a small mountain at the heart of the gardens. If visitors want, they can go to a small platform where they can see the gardens from above. The McGovern Centennial Gardens is the ideal destination for a picnic, photoshoot or just to take a breath of fresh air. A day in this urban oasis will always be memorable and entertaining — stroll along winding paths strewn with flowers, rest beneath trees that provide ample shade, and make use of picnic tables before cooling off at the fountain. The gardens are conveniently located near the city center too!