Houston is an iconic American city that has been home to some of the world's most renowned events, celebrations, and festivals. It is the fourth-largest city in the United States and has an ever-growing population of over two million people. As such, it offers a wide range of activities and attractions for locals and visitors.
Houston's art deco locations are home to many museums, galleries, theatres, and performance halls, offering some of the best entertainment for people hosting events. With their unique décor and vintage appeal, these venues provide a unique atmosphere perfect for any special occasion or business function.
In addition to providing beautiful event spaces and a charming ambiance, Houston’s art deco locations also boast an array of amenities that make organizing events there more manageable than ever before. These include ample parking space, state-of-the-art audiovisual equipment, advanced security systems, catering services, and much more. Furthermore, many of these venues come with highly experienced staff in organizing events of all sizes; they will take care of all your needs, so you don’t have to worry about anything but have a great time at your event.
Art Deco Options in Houston
If you're looking to throw an Art Deco-themed party, you'll need to hire a catering company that can provide the right food and drinks. There are many different catering companies in Houston, so take your time shopping around and find one that can accommodate your needs.
If you want to add some extra flair to your Art Deco party, hiring a band or orchestra to play music from the era is a great idea. There are many talented musicians in Houston that can provide services to fit your budget and style.
Bartenders can add a lot of fun and excitement to any party, and an Art Deco party is no exception. Be sure to hire bartenders in Houston who are familiar with creating cocktails from the 1920s and 1930s. They can help create a festive atmosphere for your guests.
One of the most important aspects of any party, or any film or photoshoot for that matter, is the lighting. If you want to create an Art Deco-themed party, be sure to hire a company that specializes in event lighting. Houston lightning companies can help create an atmospheric setting that will make your guests feel like they've stepped back in time.
Art Deco Vendors in Houston
- AURA Systems
AURA Systems is a company that provides high-quality light, sound, and video services to assist promote the arts, music, and other types of entertainment in Houston. Formed in 2008 as a leading event production business in Houston, AURA Systems offers rentals, sales, consulting, repairs, and more. Full-service production and rentals for special events are their specialties, and the team takes pleasure in providing top-notch equipment backed by attention to detail.
- Big Ass Balloons
Katie and Kathy originally established Big Ass Balloons in 2015 to enliven occasions such as parties or weddings. The company has since branched out and now provides its services to areas including Dallas and Atlanta. Not only do Big Ass Balloons add color and energy to any atmosphere, but they offer the ideal decorations at birthday celebrations, corporate functions, graduations, and more.
- Pappas Catering
Pappas Catering understands the importance of food in any celebration. That's why they take pleasure in providing meals created and prepared by a team of award-winning chefs. Pappas Catering guarantees to offer the freshest, highest-quality cuisine possible, and the business also provides a variety of services to assist you with planning and carrying out an excellent occasion.
Pros and Cons of Art Deco Events in Houston
Hosting an event at an Art Deco location in Houston has many advantages and disadvantages. Here are some of the most important factors to consider:
- Uniqueness and Beauty: Art deco locations offer a unique atmosphere that no other type of venue can replicate. With their beautiful architecture, intricate designs, and historic significance, these spaces will impress guests at any event hosted there.
- History and Culture: Many art deco locations have been around for decades, providing a tangible connection to Houston’s past and offering guests a chance to appreciate the city’s culture and history.
- Professional Feel: Holding an event at an art deco location conveys a professional air often not achieved in other venues, making it perfect for corporate events or special occasions where you want to make a great impression on your attendees.
- Time Commitment: Planning and executing an event in a unique location takes time. Special accommodations, such as obtaining permits or renting additional equipment, may need to be made, which all take up time.
- Limited Space: Art deco locations are often smaller than traditional venues, so there may not be room to accommodate large groups of people.
- Maintenance Requirements: Certain art deco locations require frequent cleaning and maintenance to keep them looking their best for events which can be costly and time-consuming for those hosting the events.
Tips on How to Organize Art Deco Events in Houston
If you're thinking about hosting an event at an Art Deco location in Houston, there are a few things you should keep in mind to make sure your event goes off without a hitch. Here are some tips:
- Venue Research: Investigate local Art Deco locations in Houston. Look for places that can provide unique opportunities to host events in impressive architectural settings.
- Event Planners' Involvement: Utilize professional event planners or organizers with expertise in Art Deco locations. They will have experience working in Houston's many locations and be able to help you plan for the event’s needs, such as food options and seating arrangements.
- Safety Issues: Consider any safety requirements when planning an event at an Art Deco location. Safety is a priority when organizing an event, and check that all necessary precautions are taken if needed.
- Vendors' Involvement: Research local vendors who can provide decorations, materials, audiovisual equipment, and food/beverage services that fit the Art Deco aesthetic. Look for unique items from vintage stores or rent props from staging companies to add extra flair to your event.
- Decorations: Pay attention to lighting fixtures when decorating for a special event at an Art Deco-style location. Choose pieces of furniture that fit within the theme and install light fixtures that evoke the classic elegance of this style without overpowering it.
Famous Locations in Houston
- David Adickes Studio
David Adickes is a world-renowned sculptor, best known for his enormous replicas and busts. His work can be seen all over the world, from an almost 70-foot sculpture of Sam Houston in Huntsville, Texas, to 43 colossal busts of American presidents in Lead, South Dakota. His workshop is based in Houston and is open to the public, and it contains some of his most impressive pieces. On the street outside, huge heads and massive statues depicting The Beatles and former President Bush can be seen. If you're an art lover, you'll want to make a stop at Adickes' studio. Occasionally, he can be found working in the shop with his six employees on one of his many extravagant pieces.
- Houston Zoo
The Houston Zoo is one of the most famous sights in Houston, and it's easy to understand why. With over 6,000 animals from 900 distinct species on display, there is something for everyone at the Zoo. Spectacular views of jaguars walking majestically in South America's Pantanal may be enjoyed by visitors, as well as elephants splashing in their pool and giraffes feeding. The zoo also offers flexible pricing, which allows visitors to save money by booking ahead of time. Flexible pricing provides more alternatives for guests to choose from, allowing them to tailor their trip to their budget and schedule.
- Space Center Houston
No visit to Houston is complete without checking out this iconic science museum. Space Center Houston is the visitor center at NASA Johnson Space Center, and it’s the place to go if you want to learn all about the history and achievements of America’s spaceflight program. There are over 400 space artifacts to admire here, including craft that have flown in space, moon rocks, and much more. For any science or space enthusiast, there’s simply so much to enjoy here.