Located on the shores of Lake Michigan, Chicago is the third most populous city in America. It is an all-through amazing and unusual city, starting with the list of names bestowed upon it. As a major transportation hub, it is referred to as the “Heart of America.”
For the great strides the city has made through the years, “The Second City'' has come to mean that it is “second to none.” The Chicago River’s backward flow is perhaps the most notable display of Chi-City’s inventiveness. Engineers reversed the River’s flow to have it empty its water into the Mississippi River instead of Lake Michigan.
The Windy City offers the most delicious deep-dish pizza, lively nightlife, and diverse resources that make it the perfect backdrop for various occasions. With a unique special event circled on your calendar, explore the best unusual party venues in Chicago.
Unusual Party Options in Chicago
Chicago's musicians know how to get a party going by playing the right tunes. Themed music contributes to the overall tone of the occasion, while upbeat songs keep everyone engaged. And if you want your dance floor filled up, get an ace DJ on the decks to play a mix of popular tunes.
- Event Rentals
Hosting an unusual party gives you the liberty to get creative with your decor choices. Incorporate fun and whimsical decorations, furniture, and props that are out-of-the-ordinary to impress guests. Chicago’s event rental stores have you covered in this regard.
Whether you are hosting a birthday party or a bridal shower. What makes the occasion unusually unique is the list of activities planned for the day. From enlisting the services of a tarot reader or magician to hosting a sculpting class; the city’s lists of entertainers know how to keep your guests engaged.
Catering companies in Chicago always exceed expectations when it comes to delivering an authentic taste of the city’s favorites. For an unusual party, you might want a menu that is sure to please your guests' palates but also leave them with lasting impressions about the food service.
Unusual Party Vendors in Chicago
- Lazo Lights Photo Booth
Lazo Lights believe a photo booth should be more than just a box with a camera. They strive to create an experience that is tailored to your specific event, and that will leave your guests with lasting memories. Their sleek and modern photo booth is a fun and sophisticated addition to any wedding, party, or corporate event. From supplying custom backdrops and props to on-site printing and digital copies, they will ensure that your photo booth rental experience is unforgettable.
- Psychic Readings By Mrs. Lynn
Mrs. Lynn is a psychic reader who has been in business for over 30 years. Her gift is hereditary, passed down from her mother and grandmother. Mrs. Lynn offers readings to help improve relationships, move careers forward, and avoid life’s obstacles. She also offers energy clearing and chakra balancing. Mrs. Lynn is experienced and gifted, and her readings can help provide guidance and clarity in all areas of life.
- Extreme Sounds Entertainment
Extreme Sounds Entertainment always strives to make every occasion extraordinary and special. They go above and beyond to provide a truly unique and unforgettable entertainment experience. Their DJ and MC services suit intimate gatherings to large-scale extravaganzas, and they will work with you to create the perfect atmosphere for the occasion.
Pros and Cons of Unusual Party Venues in Chicago
There are many factors to consider when searching for an unusual party venue in Chicago. On the one hand, the city has a lot to offer in terms of venue selections and other resources. Still, it’s crucial to weigh your options before settling on a party location.
- Chi-town is ranked as the nation’s third-best foodie city, and you’ll find selections of caterers who can put together an unusually delicious menu for your event.
- The dependable and affordable public transit network makes the city easy to navigate. Go for a party location in proximity to public transportation.
- Home to the Bears, Cubs, Bulls, and White Sox, the city is known for its sports culture. It in turn creates the perfect backdrop to host a unique sports-themed party.
- When temperatures drop below zero, Chicago becomes a depressing metropolis. To encourage everyone to attend your conference, prioritize a venue that is accessible and adequately winter-proofed.
- Traffic in Chi-town is simply a nightmare. Schedule your party with the traffic congestion in mind to make the most out of your time at the space.
- The rising crime rate in some of the city’s neighborhoods creates a great concern, and it is best to pick a location in one of the city’s safer areas.
Tips on How to Organize Unusual Parties in Chicago
Chicago is known for its diverse neighborhoods, each with its unique flavor. Whether you're looking to throw a party in a hipster loft downtown or a raucous bash in a rowdy bar on the north side, there's sure to be a venue that fits your needs. However, if you want to stand out from the crowd, you may consider throwing an unusual party in one of Chicago's more eclectic neighborhoods. Here are a few tips to get you started:
- Pick an unconventional location: One of the best ways to make your party stand out is to choose one of the city's hidden gems. Chicago'svintage clothing stores or art galleries are worth exploring.
- Serve unusual foods and drinks: Another way to make your gathering memorable is to serve some unique foods and beverages. You could, for example, offer a selection of international beers or create a unique cocktail using local spirits. Or, if you're feeling adventurous, why not try serving bugs? Yes, that's right - edible insects are pretty popular in some circles, and they make for a truly unique (and nutritious) party snack!
- Choose an unusual theme: Think along the lines of hosting a "roaring twenties" speakeasy-themed bash or a steampunk-inspired soiree. Picking a suitable theme will ensure that your party is one that people will be talking about long after it's over.
Famous Locations in Chicago
- Menomonee Street
Menomonee Street is a lovely area located in the heart of the Triangle Historic District in Chicago. The road is lined with trees and picturesque houses and it is home to some interesting shops and restaurants. Menomonee Street is a great place to take a stroll, do some shopping, or enjoy a meal. It provides a glimpse at what the Old Town area was like before the Great Chicago Fire of 1871. Most houses back then were small cottages constructed out of lightweight wooden frames, hence why they burned to the ground so quickly. There are plenty of things to see and do in the Triangle Historic District, and Menomonee Street is a great way to explore this charming area in Chicago.
- Midwest Buddhist Temple
Midwest Buddhist Temple is a Pure Land sect temple founded during World War II. The temple is located in Chicago, and it is the oldest Buddhist temple in the Midwest. It was established in 1944 by Reverend Kotoku Wakiya and a group of Japanese-American families who were fleeing the racism and internment camps of the American West. The Midwest was more tolerant of the Japanese-American community, and the Pure Land sect's practices helped them blend in with minimum conflict. The temple has since become a pillar of the Japanese-American community in Chicago, and it continues to serve as a place of worship, society, and culture for its members.
- Miller Lite Beer Garden
The Miller Lite Beer Garden in Chicago is the perfect destination for live music, good food, and beautiful views of Lake Michigan. A wide variety of beers, cocktails, and snacks are available to purchase, and the music starts early in the day with multiple bands playing. The tables near the lake offer stunning views of the water and the boats sailing by, making it an ideal spot to relax and enjoy a picnic lunch.