Chicago has a rich history that dates back to the 1700s. The city was incorporated in 1837, and during the second half of the 19th century, Chicago was an industrial powerhouse and a center for cultural and educational institutions. After suffering from the Great Chicago Fire of 1871, the city quickly rose from the ashes and rebuilt itself into a major metropolis.
The city is also renowned for its lush parks and gardens, notably Grant Park on Lake Michigan's shoreline. This park hosts some of Chicago’s most iconic landmarks, such as Buckingham Fountain, designed by Edward Bennett in 1927, the Art Institute of Chicago, which opened in 1879, and Lurie Garden, located on the south end of Millennium Park, which opened in 2004.
Arbor locations can be found across various neighborhoods throughout Chicago that provide natural sanctuaries for both people and wildlife alike.
Arbor Options in Chicago
Various catering options are available in Chicago to suit any event size or budget. The catering companies not only supply delicious food and beverages, but they go above and beyond to deliver an experience. Whether you just want drop-off services or an interactive food experience; the catering companies in Chicago can deliver.
- Audio-Visual Equipment
Audio-visual equipment is essential for any event, and several vendors in Chicago stock all the essentials. From PA systems to projectors; the equipment rental companies in Chicago will provide every piece of equipment you need for your event.
A professional videographer can capture your event in HD, providing lasting memories of your special day. Videographers in Chicago also provide a range of services, beyond documenting your function, and that includes live-streaming services and drone footage.
- Event Planners
Event planners are experienced in coordinating all aspects of a function, from logistical planning to on-site management. They take care of all the details leaving you and your guests to focus on enjoying the occasion.
Arbor Vendors in Chicago
- DJ-Chicago has provided outstanding DJ services to weddings, corporate events, and private parties for over 20 years. Their commitment to exceeding their client's expectations has made them one of the city's most successful and famous entertainment companies. They customize their services to suit any event, with an extensive music library and experienced DJs on deck.
- Antique Taco Catering & Events
Above Antique Taco Catering & Events excel at combining all the things they enjoy with an old-fashioned aesthetic and the familiarity of home. Beyond catering to diverse occasions, they have also provided event planning services for seven years. With the understanding that it is the little touches that count, the team takes extra care in planning every element, reviewing, and then simplifying the process.
- Fleur de Lis Florist
Fleur de Lis Florist specializes in supplying floral arrangements and bouquets for every occasion. Whether you need a centerpiece for a wedding or a simple arrangement to brighten your home, they can create something special just for you. They pride themselves on using only the freshest and highest quality blooms, and they also custom design each arrangement to perfection.
Pros and Cons of Arbor Locations in Chicago
Chicago is a great urban area with a great selection of arbor locations. The city is filled with areas where one can enjoy nature's natural beauty and serenity while still being surrounded by modern amenities and attractions. Here are a few pros and cons of arbor locations in Chicago.
- Trees provide refreshing green views and a tranquil backdrop for diverse occasions including weddings, receptions, and even corporate events.
- Many studies have also linked increased foliage coverage with improved air quality due to trees' ability to absorb air pollutants like ozone and carbon dioxide. Guests will enjoy the refreshing views and atmosphere, which only adds to the tone of the function.
- The trees at an arbor location act as sound barriers by absorbing noise from busy streets or public transportation, allowing nearby people to enjoy more peace and quiet.
- Maintaining trees properly requires regular pruning, trimming, fertilizing, and pest control treatments which can be expensive for homeowners or organizations responsible for their upkeep.
- The weather can be extreme, with cold winters and hot summers, and it is important to schedule an arbor event with this in mind.
- Arbor locations in Chicago may also be crowded and noisy, particularly if they are popular tourist spots and you haven't locked down the entire space.
Tips on How to Organize Arbor Locations in Chicago
Organizing events at arbor locations in Chicago can be daunting, but proper preparation and planning can also be a rewarding experience. To ensure your event at an arbor location is successful, here are some tips on how to organize an event:
- Research potential venues: Make sure the venue you select is large enough for the expected number of guests, has adequate parking or public transportation access, and offers appropriate amenities such as food service or A/V equipment.
- Estimate costs: Be sure to factor in all the costs associated with hosting an event at an Arbor location, such as rental fees, catering services, audio-visual equipment rental, permits, etc. It’s essential to assess the upfront cost and consider any additional fees that may come up during your event planning process.
- Secure necessary permissions: Depending on the type of event you’re hosting and its size and scope, you may need specific permits or approval from local authorities or other governing bodies. Make sure that these permissions are secured in advance before moving forward with any contracts or agreements.
- Manage vendors: Vendor management is crucial when it comes to organizing events. Make sure all vendors understand their responsibilities so that they deliver efficiently throughout your entire process and provide quality services on the big day itself.
Famous Locations in Chicago
- Clarence Buckingham Memorial Fountain
Constructed in 1927, the Clarence Buckingham Memorial Fountain is among the largest in the world. The Art Deco-style water installation has four seahorses surrounding it, symbolically representing Lake Michigan’s borders. The fountain bursts to life from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m., shooting out 15,000 gallons of water at hourly intervals. Lights accompany the water show when dusk falls.
- 360 Chicago
The John Hancock Center building houses 360 Chicago on its 94th floor. It is a glass-walled observation deck offering views of the city’s skyline. Adventurous tourists enjoy trying out the “Tilt,” which tips them outward at an angle. The upside is enjoying a unique view of the famous Magnificent Mile, at a 1,000-foot vantage above it.
- Midway Village Museum
Midway Village Museum is a hidden gem in Rockford. Tucked away on a 150-acre wooded campus, the museum offers a unique rustic setting for weddings and other events. The barn-style venue features a restored 1905 barn with soaring ceilings, private restrooms, a custom bar, and an elevator. The property also has a rustic lodge that is available for hire, and overall it is the perfect natural setting for folks looking for a retreat near Chicago.