Atlanta, the capital of Georgia, is a bustling city with over 500,000 people. It is home to many businesses, and it boasts a diverse culture. The city's warm climate makes outdoor dining an attractive option for residents and visitors.
The weather in Atlanta is generally mild, making outdoor restaurants popular throughout the year. Summers are hot and humid, with temperatures reaching into the 90s. Winters are cooler and milder than in other cities in the southeast. Precipitation levels are moderate throughout the year, making outdoor restaurants a great option all year round.
Outdoor restaurants provide diners an enjoyable experience that cannot be replicated inside. Diners can enjoy the fresh air and natural surroundings while savoring their favorite dishes from some of Atlanta’s most popular eateries. Outdoor seating allows people to bond with friends and family over delicious food in quaint settings that aren’t typically found within traditional indoor restaurants. Further, eating outside can be an exciting way to support local businesses while social distancing during these uncertain times.
Outdoor Restaurant Options in Atlanta
If you're looking to add some extra pizzazz to your outdoor restaurant space, consider hiring a DJ. A skilled DJ can help to create a fun and festive atmosphere, making it the perfect place to host a party or special event.
- Event planners
Event planners are a valuable asset to confirm that everything runs as planned and within your budget. Not only will they liaise with all vendors, but they will also ensure that the timing of each activity is tracked adequately for optimal efficiency. With their professional assistance, you can know that every aspect of your event will be managed flawlessly!
And, of course, an outdoor restaurant is only complete with a talented bartender. Whether you're serving up refreshing cocktails or icy cold beers, a bartender can help to make your space even more enjoyable. Adding these professional touches transforms your outdoor restaurant into the ultimate dining destination.
Outdoor Restaurant Vendors in Atlanta
- Lethal Rhythms
Lethal Rhythms, a DJ entertainment company based in Atlanta, has served clients since 2003. Renowned event facilities in Atlanta often recommend their services for event planning, DJing, and entertainment. Suppose you're looking for a classy, professional, and fun DJ who can engage with guests and keep the party going while playing the best songs for the dance floor to make your wedding truly memorable. In that case, Lethal Rhythms is an option worth considering.
- OneTouch Events
OneTouch Events is a professional and award-winning event planning firm that can assist you with your next big event. Regardless of your goals or budget, their team will closely collaborate with you to ensure a successful outcome. What sets OneTouch Events apart is their keen attention to detail. They understand the importance of coordinating every event element to create a cohesive and stylish look. Additionally, they prioritize helping your event achieve its goals and will work with you to develop a strategic plan for seamless execution.
- A&A Bartending
A&A Bartending is a mobile bartending service in Atlanta that offers professional and experienced bartenders for any event. A&A Bartending offers both custom-made and pre-planned packages to ensure that each client's party/event is perfect for them. They go above and beyond to give each client a VIP experience, using natural house-made mixers. This ensures that every customer leaves with unforgettable memories.
Pros and Cons of Outdoor Restaurant Spaces in Atlanta
While outdoor restaurant spaces in Atlanta offer many advantages, it’s important to consider these potential drawbacks before deciding. With careful consideration and planning, you can ensure you get the most out of your outdoor dining experience.
- Enjoy the mild weather: You can enjoy the pleasant climate of Atlanta while dining outdoors. This is especially beneficial during the warmer months when you can take advantage of the beautiful landscaping and views.
- Great atmosphere: Outdoor restaurants provide a unique atmosphere that can’t be found indoors. Guests can people-watch, soak up the sights and sounds of Atlanta, and even enjoy live music or performances.
- Variety of options: You can find something to suit any palate or budget with many different types of restaurants available. From casual eateries to upscale dining establishments, there’s something for everyone in Atlanta.
Although there are many advantages to outdoor restaurant spaces, there can also be some drawbacks. These include:
- Insects may be more of a problem outdoors than in enclosed spaces.
- Limited seating: Most outdoor restaurants have limited seating due to their size, so you may have to provide additional seating for your guests.
- Noise levels: With so many people enjoying the atmosphere, outdoor restaurants can often be quite noisy. This may not be ideal for those looking for a more intimate experience.
Tips on How to Organize Outdoor Restaurant Spaces in Atlanta
Organizing an event in an outdoor restaurant in Atlanta can be an exciting but challenging experience. There are many factors to consider when coordinating a successful event, from the logistics of setting up seating and dining arrangements to choosing the right location for your guests to enjoy their meals. Here are some tips for organizing an outdoor restaurant event in Atlanta.
- First, you should pick a restaurant that fits your needs. You’ll want to consider the space size you need and any particular features or amenities that will make your event stand out (for example, a rooftop patio).
- Next, think about décor and ambiance. This can make a big difference in setting the tone and atmosphere for your party or gathering. For example, festive lights hung around tables will create a more inviting atmosphere, while potted plants dotted around walkways can add color and nature-inspired elements to your décor.
- Additionally, you’ll want to plan for any necessary supplies that may be needed for your gathering or party, such as chairs, tables, linens, and tableware. Take stock of what the restaurant already has on hand; if something is missing or not enough, rent additional items from outside suppliers.
- By planning and covering all bases before hosting an outdoor event at a restaurant in Atlanta, you can ensure that everything runs smoothly and that everyone enjoys their meal amidst beautiful surroundings!
Famous Locations in Atlanta
Barcelona artist Xavier Medina Campeny's Homage to King sculpture is one of Atlanta's most beautiful and visible historical landmarks. The city commissioned the raised statue of Dr. King in 1992, and it was installed on Freedom Parkway in 1993. The sculpture of Dr. King reaching out with an extended arm invites guests to the city. It has since become a popular destination for both locals and tourists. The City of Atlanta is committed to preserving Dr. King's legacy, and the Homage to King sculpture is a powerful reminder of his work for justice and equality.
- Oakland Cemetery
Oakland Cemetery is a historic cemetery and greenspace located in the center of Atlanta. Forty-eight acres hold an est—70,000 people in this Victorian-style cemetery that dates back to 1850, including many notable Atlantans. With various beautiful headstones, statues, and Victorian mausoleums, the cemetery provides an interesting self-guided or guided tour.
- John Lewis Mural
On July 25, 2020, Sean Schwab unveiled his mural of the late John Lewis on the corner of Auburn Avenue and Jesse Hill Jr. Drive in Atlanta. The mural, which Schwab began working on in early June, is 70 feet high and features a likeness of Lewis with the word “Hero” written beneath him. Schwab said that he wanted to create a mural that would honor Lewis’ legacy as a civil rights hero and convey the hope and resilience that he embodied. “What John Lewis represents to me is hope,” Schwab said. “And I think we all need some hope in these times.” The community has well-received the mural, with many people stopping to take photos and leaving flowers at its base.