Atlanta is a lively city located in the state of Georgia. With its humid subtropical climate, Atlanta offers mild winters and warm summers. The average temperature ranges from 40-80 degrees Fahrenheit, with the most comfortable temperatures occurring between March-November.
The city’s mild climate and the influx of diverse cultures and activities make Atlanta an ideal destination for outdoor corporate events. Companies can take advantage of this unique environment to host team-building activities like scavenger hunts or interactive games while appreciating the city's breathtaking sights.
Outdoor spaces in Atlanta provide attendees with a safe atmosphere where they can take breaks to enjoy fresh air amidst nature whilst learning new skills or refining existing ones through team-building exercises tailored to their specific needs and goals. And with the assistance from helpful vendors, planning an outdoor corporate gathering can be a breeze!
Outdoor Corporate Event Options in Atlanta
If your party needs a lively and captivating ambiance, then you'll want to get yourself a DJ. They will craft the perfect environment with music tailored for everyone present. Furthermore, they can even accept requests from guests so that nobody goes home without hearing their favorite song!
- Event Planners
Event planners are experts at creating successful outdoor events. They can help with everything from crafting activities and booking vendors and speakers to arranging transportation and accommodations.
Catering is a crucial aspect of any event, and many companies specialize in outdoor catering. They can provide menus that are tailored to your event's theme and budget. Most caterers do the setup and cleanup after the event, so all you have to do is eat!
Outdoor Corporate Event Vendors in Atlanta
- Destiny DJ Services
Destiny DJ Services is a DJ serving nationwide and in the Atlanta area. He has a wide variety of music to choose from—from funk, R&B, and soul to electric, indie, and hip-hop—and can mix and match genres to keep the party going all night long. Plus, the state-of-the-art sound system is designed to withstand the elements, so you can be sure that your music will sound great no matter what the weather is like. Destiny DJ can cater to weddings, company parties, and bars and clubs.
- Carolyn's Gourmet Café
Carolyn's Gourmet Café and Catering is a cafe and catering service located at 1201 West Peachtree Street. Established in 2002, they offer a wide variety of menu options to suit any taste, and their experienced team will work with you to create a custom menu that fits your budget and needs. Their catering guidelines are designed to make your experience as smooth and stress-free as possible. They require a two-business-day notice for all delivery orders, but they are happy to accommodate deliveries outside of regular business hours for groups of 20 or more.
- Wrennwood Design
Wrennwood Design is an event planning service that colors outside the traditional lines. From registration to design and production, the team manages all logistics of the event. They have extensive experience in corporate events, non-profit fundraising, marketing campaigns, and corporate summits, and offer planning, floral design, and styling services. Their style can be described as quiet elegance—a mix of modern sophistication and old-world charm.
Pros and Cons of Outdoor Corporate Events in Atlanta
Corporate events are often held indoors—the convenience and privacy that an indoor space offers is simply ideal for events of professional nature. However, certain events such as team-building activities and retreats can make use of outdoor spaces where employees can let loose and think—quite literally—outside the box. There are many advantages and disadvantages to holding corporate events in outdoor areas, and it’s important to take note of them before finalizing any decision:
- Outdoor events can be a fantastic way to build team morale and encourage bonding.
- Employees can get to know each other in a relaxed setting, and they can enjoy the fresh air and beautiful scenery.
- Most of the time, outdoor venues tend to be more affordable than indoor ones.
- Weather is always a factor when you're planning an outdoor event. If it rains or gets too hot, your event will be a flop.
- Additionally, outdoor events require more logistics and planning than indoor ones. You'll need to secure permits, set up tents and chairs, and maybe even rent portable bathrooms. However, if you're willing to put in the extra work, an outdoor corporate event can be a great success.
- Not everyone on your team may be comfortable with the idea of being outdoors for an event for long periods.
Tips on How to Organize Outdoor Corporate Events in Atlanta
Uniting your team or entertaining clients in an outdoor setting may just be the change in scenery that you need from time to time. As you plan for such a corporate event, here are some important considerations to keep top of mind.
- Choose a theme: When it comes to planning your event, you have a plethora of possibilities such as picnics, barbecues, and garden parties. So take your pick—the sky's the limit!
- Pick a large outdoor venue: Once you settle on the event type, consider selecting a venue that is large enough to host your guests and provide ample space for activities.
- Don't forget to consider the weather: Have an alternative plan ready in case of rain or other unpleasant conditions. Ideally, your venue should have an indoor facility or a pavilion where you can take shelter from the rain.
- Finally, you'll need to select the right vendors: Vendors can provide a variety of services, including DJs, event planners, and catering. Selecting the right vendor will help ensure that your event is a success.
Famous Locations in Atlanta
- Champ's Clock Shop
Champ's Clock Shop is a must-see for anyone who loves clocks. Having been in business since 1967, they have amassed quite an amazing selection, such as grandfather clocks, cuckoo clocks, alarm clocks, and more. And like pieces of art, each one is unique and special in its own way. Not only does the shop offer clocks for sale, but it also does clock repairs.
- Gone With the Wind Museum at Brumby Hall
The Gone With the Wind Museum at Brumby Hall is a treat for fans of both Margaret Mitchell's novel and film. Housed in historic Marietta Square, the museum overflows with memorabilia, including iconic costumes worn by Scarlett O'Hara and Rhett Butler. You can also view original movie posters and get behind-the-scenes information about how the film was made. The museum also features a research library with access to thousands of documents related to Gone With The Wind. Whether you're a die-hard fan or just curious about this American classic, the museum is sure to offer an enlightening and enjoyable experience.
- The Georgia Museum of Art
The Georgia Museum of Art is the state art museum of Georgia, founded in 1945 and located on the campus of the University of Georgia in Athens, just over an hour away from downtown Atlanta. The museum's collection includes works by Georgia artists, as well as a wide variety of other American and European artists. It also houses a significant collection of African art. In addition to its permanent collection, the museum also mounts temporary exhibitions throughout the year.