Atlanta, Georgia's largest city, is a modern metropolis that has a rich history and culture. The city was founded in 1837 on the banks of the Chattahoochee River and became known as the "Gate City of the South" due to its strategic location on the railroad line between New York and New Orleans. Atlanta's economy also developed alongside its booming population, which led to large-scale weddings being held in luxurious hotel ballrooms and grand estates around town.
Couples also opted for more intimate affairs that still included all of their closest family and friends. These smaller celebrations were usually hosted at local churches or homes; however, no matter what size wedding couples chose for their special day, Atlanta had plenty of unique venues available regardless of budget or preference.
Whatever the scope of your big day, Atlanta is sure to provide plenty of options. With its rich history full of vibrant culture and traditions, there’s no better place than Atlanta when it comes to finding exceptional wedding venues where your special day will be nothing short of perfect!
Large Wedding Options in Atlanta
The lists of professional photographers in Atlanta have a reputation for being some of the best in the business. They have experience documenting different types of occasions and know how to capture all the special moments in a creative way.
- Wedding Planning
Wedding planners in Atlanta are experts at coordinating even the most complex events. They'll work with you to ensure that no detail is overlooked, from booking the perfect venue to hiring the right vendors.
Working with a large wedding venue requires extra hands in terms of coordination. It is essential to have enough staff members on hand to assist with set-up, tear-down, and everything in between. Most venues typically need two people for every 100 guests, which means that if you are expecting 200 guests, you will need at least four staff members.
Caterers in Atlanta are used to handling large groups of people and they come equipped with a delicious menu that offers options to suit your guests' needs. They also have experience with setting up food service stations and some even take care of the bar and beverage service.
Large Wedding Vendors in Atlanta
- Sound Entertainment Experience
When you book Sound Entertainment Experience, you can be confident that you are getting top-rated DJ service. With over 25 years of combined experience, they know how to make your event one to remember! The team specializes in providing a streamlined DJ and entertainment experience, and they also offer M.C., lighting, and entertainment services.
- Brenda Bakes
Whether you are looking for a stunning cake to showcase at your wedding or simply want to enjoy a delicious dessert with your family, Brenda Bakes has you covered. This custom bakery offers beautifully decorated cupcakes, cookies, and cake balls/pops for any occasion. Whether you're celebrating a birthday, anniversary, or any other special event, Brenda Bakes can create a show-stopping cake that will make your event even more memorable.
- Peachy Weddings LLC
Peachy Weddings specialize in creating unforgettable events that are tailored to your unique vision. From decor and catering to logistics and event coordination, they will take care of everything so that you can focus on enjoying your special day. They understand that no two events are the same, and they will go above and beyond to make sure that your occasion is perfect in every way.
Pros and Cons of Large Wedding Venues in Atlanta
Atlanta is a bustling city full of culture, entertainment, and history. It is also home to many venues that are perfect for hosting large weddings. Weddings in Atlanta can be exciting and memorable experiences, but planning one can be complex and expensive. Here are some of the pros and cons of hosting a large wedding in Atlanta:
- From historic museums to outdoor parks, there are numerous spectacular locations to choose from when selecting the right venue for your big day.
- Atlanta is served by the major airport (Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport), making it easy for out-of-town guests to attend without needing to rent a car or take public transportation to their destination.
- Atlanta is home to numerous cultures, providing couples with endless opportunities to incorporate aspects of different backgrounds into their ceremony or reception.
- Many hotels in the area offer discount rates for wedding party members and guests which makes it easier for everyone attending to save money during their trip.
- During peak season, certain popular locations may become too crowded and unable to accommodate large parties looking for an intimate setting or unique experience.
- With so much going on in the city at any given time, it can be difficult for guests staying in downtown hotels or nearby neighborhoods to find parking or navigate traffic around the event location.
- In addition to paying for ceremony fees, venue rental fees, catering costs, and other necessary expenses associated with a wedding, couples may end up having extra costs such as decorations or additional services that weren’t initially planned for.
Tips on How to Organize Large Weddings in Atlanta
Organizing a large wedding in Atlanta can be an intimidating and overwhelming task, but it doesn't need to be. With a little bit of planning and organization, you can make sure that your big day is perfect for your loved ones. Here are some tips on how to organize large weddings in Atlanta:
- Start Planning Early: Big weddings take a lot of time and effort to plan, so it's important to start as soon as possible. This will give you time to secure the venue, hire vendors, and make sure everything is in order before the big day.
- Get Familiar with Venue Requirements: When looking at venues for your big day, make sure to familiarize yourself with any special requirements they may have. Many venues in the Atlanta area require a minimum number of guests or a higher minimum spend than other locations do.
- Research Catering Options: Whether you’re opting for a plated dinner or buffet-style meal service, research your catering options thoroughly before making any decisions. Look into menus offered by different companies and ask about dietary restrictions they can accommodate. Be sure to also inquire about rental items such as tables and chairs and whether these are included with catering packages.
- Hire an Event Planner: If you’re feeling overwhelmed by the process of planning a large wedding in Atlanta, consider hiring an event planner who has experience organizing similar events. An event planner can help suggest vendors that fit within your budget, keep track of payments due from all involved parties (including vendors), assist with RSVPs and seating arrangements, as well as suggest creative solutions for any snags that may come up during the planning process.
Famous Locations in Atlanta
- Stone Mountain Park
Stone Mountain offers over 3,200 acres of natural beauty, and the Park is a unique and fun destination where families and friends can enjoy the outdoors together. It's home to the LaserShow Spectacular, the largest in the world. The Park also has two championship golf courses, a campground, and two Marriott hotels on site.
- Atlanta Botanical Garden
The Atlanta Botanical Garden is set among the towering trees of Piedmont Park. It offers a tranquil oasis in the heart of the city. The Fuqua Orchid Center is a particular highlight, with its rare collection of high-elevation orchids never before grown in the southeast.
- Gibbs Gardens
Gibbs Gardens is made up of sixteen green spaces including four feature gardens, each with its own unique charms. The Daffodil Gardens features 50 acres of daffodils and more than 20 million blooms. The Manor House Gardens include sweeping lawns, terraces, waterfalls, and woodland, and the Rose Garden has over 2,000 rose bushes in bloom.