Atlanta is considered one of the most important cities on the East Coast of the United States. Situated in the state of Georgia, it's a city rich with culture and an unparalleled level of diversity. Though usually thought to be only a business hub, Atlanta is known for its creative development; it's home to some of the biggest content production in entertainment, music, and TV. As such, industrial kitchen spaces are abundant throughout the city—from food production and commercial baking to technical support in delivery systems.
For those looking to experience something truly unique, there's even an abandoned bowling alley transformed into a restaurant-bar hybrid really worth checking out. That's right - farm-to-table cuisine pairs perfectly with creative drinks served alongside tenpin strikes!
Industrial Kitchen Options in Atlanta
- AV Equipment Rental
If you're seeking to film a cooking show, commercial, or other projects in an industrial kitchen space, Atlanta is ideal. In Atlanta, many businesses rent AV equipment and have experience working with filmmakers--which can be extremely beneficial if you don't want to purchase the equipment yourself.
- Photography and Videography Services
There are various companies in Atlanta that provide professional photography and videography services. These businesses can not only help you capture the ideal shots for your project but also edit the footage. This could be a more cost-effective way to get a first-class video of your industrial kitchen space without having to bring on another company.
A number of companies in Atlanta, that have experience working with filmmakers, rent out props and decorations. If you're filming commercials or other projects that require props, consider renting from one of these businesses instead of purchasing the items outright--it may save you money. These types of establishments often carry everything from chairs and tables to kitchen appliances and utensils.
- Transportation Services
Atlanta is home to many businesses that provide transportation services. If you're working on a project that requires access to an industrial kitchen, renting a vehicle from one of these companies can save you money on gas and the hassle of driving around the city.
Industrial Kitchen Vendors in Atlanta
- McIntosh Bros Productions
McIntosh Bros Productions is an accomplished video production company located in Atlanta, Georgia that offers a comprehensive suite of services, including creative direction, cinematography, editing, and concept development. The company was founded by brothers Jabriel and Javier McIntosh in 2011. McIntosh Bros strives to create novel content that still encapsulates each client's brand. They have been able to do this for major companies like Google, Sprite, and Under Armour.
- Scenario Custom
Scenario Custom is Atlanta's leading scenic design and fabrication studio. This company got nearly 40 years of experience working on projects both big and small for corporate clients, non-profits, agencies, AND the film industry! Scenario Custom can take on any project you need, big or small. Its team has completed a wide array of projects over the years, including work for film and television, prop construction, sculptural architecture, and environmental graphics. Building the weird and wild is their specialty! No matter what you need to be done, Scenario Custom is up for the challenge.
- Don Leon Luxury Transportation
Don Leon Luxury Transportation is the top provider of Mercedes van service in Atlanta. With a focus on professionalism, this company services Atlanta's movie industry, entertainers, and athletes. It also provides exceptional transportation for the weekend visitor or anyone wanting a night out on the town. Travel in style by letting professional chauffeurs take you to and from the airport, as well as anywhere else you need to go. Don Leon Luxury Transportation provides reliable, comfortable transportation so that you can sit back and relax.
Pros and Cons of Industrial Kitchens in Atlanta
Industrial kitchen spaces in Atlanta are a popular filming location option for many film production companies. While the aesthetic of an industrial kitchen is often appealing, there are both pros and cons to consider when deciding whether or not it is the right filming location for your project. Here is a bulleted list of a few of the pros and cons of using industrial kitchen spaces in Atlanta as your film set:
- Industrial kitchens with modern appliances offer filmmakers plenty of space to work with and can provide a great background for any type of scene.
- These spaces come equipped with all the essential equipment needed for food preparation, such as cooking surfaces, ovens, sinks, countertops, refrigerators, and more.
- Industrial kitchens also often come with built-in ventilation systems and temperature controls which makes it easier for crews to maintain a comfortable atmosphere for actors during long days on set.
- The large size of these kitchens also allows filmmakers to create multiple shots without having to move cameras too much or completely rearrange the set.
- These spaces may include hazards such as slippery surfaces or sharp objects which could pose safety risks during production, so extra precautions need to be taken in order to prevent injuries on set.
- In some cases, industrial kitchens may not have enough natural light available which makes it difficult to capture certain scenes without additional lighting equipment in place.
- Depending on the type of scene being filmed, additional props such as food items may need to be brought in by the crew which could end up adding even more costs onto the budget.
- Due to their size, industrial kitchen sets may present challenges when trying to achieve specific camera angles or movements that would usually require smaller locations.
Tips on How to Organize Industrial Kitchen Spaces in Atlanta
If you are looking to film in industrial kitchen spaces in Atlanta, there are several tips and considerations to be aware of. Here is a list of helpful tips on how to organize a successful shoot in an industrial kitchen space in Atlanta.
- Make sure the kitchen space has all the necessary equipment for filming: This includes a full set of cooking tools (pots, pans, spatulas, etc.), countertops for prepping food, appliances such as ovens and fridges, and other items needed for your particular production needs.
- Take some time to familiarize yourself with health codes and regulations before starting your shoot: Many commercial kitchens will have specific rules about food safety and sanitation that will need to be adhered to during production.
- Pay attention to lighting when staging the space: Industrial kitchen spaces can often be dark or cramped, so it is important to make sure that you have adequate lighting that won’t throw off the look of your shots. Additionally, try using natural light when possible and bring in any additional lights as needed.
- Make everyone comfortable: If you plan on using extras or actors while shooting inside the kitchen, consider bringing in mats or rugs for them to stand on. This will not only help protect the flooring from damage but also provide extra traction so that people don’t slip while moving around the space.
- Stay organized: Keep important documents handy throughout the shoot such as rental agreements and waivers signed by all parties involved in case any legal issues arise during production.
- Prepare everyone: Make sure everyone knows where they should stand while filming and what their cue is when it comes time to start rolling cameras. This will keep things moving smoothly throughout your shoot day(s).
- Have a clean-up crew ready after each day’s filming has wrapped up: This way you won’t have any surprises when it comes time for check-out at the end of your rental period!
Famous Locations in Atlanta
- World of Coca-Cola
The World of Coca-Cola should definitely be on any fan's bucket list. Situated in downtown Atlanta, the expansive 20-acre attraction offers visitors interactive exhibits, a 4D movie theater, and the world's most extensive collection of Coca-Cola memorabilia. It delves into how the drink has evolved from its earliest days as a soda fountain beverage to becoming the renowned multinational corporation it is today. The Coca-Cola Experience is like no other attraction in the world. With four distinct stories and over 100 exhibits, visitors will be able to learn about the history of Coca-Cola while tasting and drinking samples from all corners of the globe. A 4D theater experience, a microscopic examination of the bottling process, a visit to the recipe's storage vault, and an interactive pop-culture section where customers can design their own Coke bottle designs are only some of what this Atlanta attraction has in store.
- SCAD FASH Museum of Fashion + Film
The SCAD FASH is one of the few museums in the world that explores both fashion and film. The museum, which is located inside Atlanta's historic American Apparel Building, houses changing exhibitions that explore the link between fashion and film throughout history. The site's SCAD FASH acronym stands for both a teaching and public facility that features year-round film and fashion shows and events. Past exhibitions have included sketches by Academy Award-winning costume designer Ruth E. Carter, Belgian artist Isabelle de Borchgrave's paper works, and the first public showing of collections from famous designer Azzedine Alaïa. Whether you're a fashionista or a film buff, the SCAD FASH Museum of Fashion + Film is sure to have something for you.
- College Football Hall of Fame
The College Football Hall of Fame should be a stop on any sports fan's itinerary. This shrine to America's favorite game includes interactive exhibits that celebrate the sport's history, traditions, and greatest players and coaches. The museum also features a 45-yard indoor football field where visitors can test their skills with passing and kicking challenges. At The Quad, you can sign in with your favorite college team to see the helmet on the three-story wall light up. Afterward, visit the augmented reality exhibitions about those who have been inducted into the NFL Hall of Fame then try your hand at virtual reality gameplay by issuing real-time plays.