Atlanta is the capital of the U.S. state of Georgia and is one of the most populous cities in the country. It boasts a diverse array of cultural attractions, iconic landmarks, and exciting activities to suit all tastes. Atlanta has a mild climate, with warm summers and relatively cool winters, making it an ideal destination year-round. As a major economic center, the city offers countless opportunities for business and leisure travelers alike.
Over the years, Atlanta has become one of the top destinations for gay weddings in the United States due to its progressive attitudes towards LGBTQ rights as well as its welcoming atmosphere and vibrant social scene. In addition to a variety of venues that are specifically tailored for same-sex couples looking to tie the knot, Atlanta also boasts several organizations dedicated to helping LGBTQ individuals find happiness in their relationships.
Lastly, the city's many boutique hotels, world-class restaurants, chic shopping districts, and engaging nightlife provide an unforgettable backdrop for any special celebration or event!
Gay Wedding Options in Atlanta
Many talented makeup artists in Atlanta can help you look your best on your wedding day. Gay weddings are often very colorful and festive, and you will want to make sure your makeup complements your overall look. On the other hand, if you want something more natural and subdued, you can always request this kind of look from your chosen makeup artist, and they will deliver it perfectly.
In Atlanta, you’ll find lots of catering companies that are LGBTQ-friendly or even specialize in gay weddings. They will be able to create a menu that fits the theme of your wedding and that will please all of your guests.
No wedding is complete without any kind of music! Luckily, Atlanta is home to several talented musicians who can provide music for your ceremony and reception. You can find musicians who specialize in music that is special to you and your partner, or you can choose musicians who play a variety of genres that will appeal to all of your guests.
Floral arrangements are another essential element of any wedding. Thankfully, florists abound in Atlanta, and they can create beautiful arrangements for your gay wedding. You can find flowers that match the colors of your wedding, or you can choose flowers that have special meaning to you and your partner.
- Event Planner
Many event planners in Atlanta specialize in gay weddings. They will be able to help you with all aspects of your wedding, from choosing the perfect venue to creating a unique and memorable ceremony and reception. It’s important to find a wedding planner with an unmatchable reputation and who treats their clients with respect and kindness.
Gay Wedding Vendors in Atlanta
- French Market Flowers
French Market Flowers in Atlanta, GA provides beautiful, sustainably-grown flowers, live plants, and more. The company is happy to be a part of the slow flower movement, which fights for sustainable, locally-grown, organic flowers being used more often than store-bought flowers. This change would improve business conditions, help local communities and benefit the environment. If you need floral arrangements for a wedding or flowers for a gift, they have you covered. The company also offers flower delivery services so you can send that special someone a bouquet of fresh flowers right to their door.
- Bold Catering & Design
When it comes to hosting a successful event, there's no room for error. You need a catering and event design company that has the experience and expertise to make your vision a reality. That's where Bold Catering & Design comes in. As Atlanta's premier catering and event design company, they have helped countless clients turn their events into unforgettable experiences. They offer floral arrangements, reception design, professional lighting, and chef-inspired catering for weddings. And because they're founded by Fifth Group Restaurants, you can rest assured that your event will be in good hands.
- Dani Weiss Photography
In 1987, Dani photographed his first wedding while still living in New York City. Over thirty years later, he still loves photography. He relocated to the Atlanta area in 2018, where he is continuing to work on both coasts as well as around the country. As a professional photographer with 30 years of experience in Atlanta, Dani has a keen eye for capturing your best moments. And he’s a proud equal rights wedding photographer. He has a portfolio on his website documenting the LGBTQ weddings he’s photographed, so you can check it out if you’d like to see if he’s a match.
Pros and Cons of Gay Weddings in Atlanta
Gay weddings in Atlanta have surged in popularity over the last few years, offering same-sex couples the opportunity to legally marry and enjoy all the rights and privileges that come along with it. The increase in acceptance of same-sex unions has opened up a wide range of opportunities for individuals who wish to tie the knot in Atlanta. There are both pros and cons to having a gay wedding ceremony in Atlanta, so couples can make an informed decision about their special day.
- Atlanta has long been a progressive city in terms of its LGBTQ rights, making it the perfect place for gay couples to celebrate their union through marriage.
- The city is home to numerous venues and vendors that are LGBTQ-friendly and experienced in hosting same-sex weddings, ensuring couples have access to top-quality services tailored specifically to their needs.
- The state of Georgia officially recognizes gay marriages, providing legal protection to married couples and giving them access to the same benefits as heterosexual couples.
- While many vendors support same-sex weddings, there may be some providers that are not familiar with or even hostile towards LGBTQ guests, making it difficult for couples to find suitable services.
- In addition, certain churches or religious sites may not be open to hosting gay weddings due to their beliefs or policies which can limit a couple's options when it comes to finding a venue for their ceremony.
- Despite the many legal protections offered by the state of Georgia, federal law still lags when it comes to offering legal rights and privileges, such as filing joint taxes or assuming parental custody rights.
Tips on How to Organize Gay Weddings in Atlanta
Planning a wedding can be a daunting task, especially when it comes to gay weddings. But Atlanta is a great place for same-sex couples to tie the knot—with its vibrant LGBTQ+ scene and a plethora of venue options, Atlanta is the ideal setting for planning an unforgettable ceremony for two grooms or brides. With the help of this guide, couples can throw their dream gay wedding in the city.
- Get a professional: Consider consulting with a wedding planner who specializes in LGBTQ ceremonies and receptions. They will be able to provide you with personalized advice and strategies that work for same-sex couples.
- Check the laws: Research any laws and regulations in the Atlanta area that may impact your wedding planning, such as nondiscrimination ordinances, marriage license requirements, etc.
- Check the venue: Make sure to select a venue that is LGBTQ-friendly and supports same-sex marriage. You can usually search on Google or check out reviews of potential venues to help you make the best decision. Giggster has plenty of such venues, and all you have to do is browse our selection!
- Pick the right caterer: Choose a caterer that offers special menu options for vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free, or other dietary needs of your guests.
- Select the right decorations: Select decorations and flowers based on your style preferences as well as the season of the year. Consider going with locally sourced flowers or organic materials when possible to reduce environmental impact.
Famous Locations in Atlanta
- Atlanta History Center
The Atlanta History Center offers a unique and historic setting for a day out with family and friends. This history museum and research opened to the public in 1926 and serves as a hub for learning about Atlanta's history. The 33-acre site is the home of ten buildings and nine gardens, each offering something different to the visitor. The buildings consist of a history museum, a research center, a farmhouse, a playhouse, a parking center, a wood cabin, and more. The gardens, on the other hand, contain various plants, such as Asian plants, fragrant and ornamental plants, native shrubs, and more. If you’re interested in digging deep into the history and the significant people of Atlanta, don’t miss visiting the Atlanta History Center.
- Piedmont Park
Piedmont Park is a 200-acre urban park located near downtown Atlanta. Originally owned by a doctor as his farm and residence, the park was then sold to a driving club, which used the park for fairs and exhibitions. Today, the park is owned by the nonprofit organization Piedmont Park Conservancy, which takes care of the management and overall improvement of the park. Over the years, several facilities have been added to Piedmont Park, including tennis courts, picnic areas, a visitors center, and playgrounds. Visitors can play sports, swim in the pool, check out the Green Market, let their dogs off the leash, fish, bike, and attend various festivals.
- The Fox Theatre
The Fox Theatre is one of Atlanta's most iconic landmarks. Since opening in 1929, the theatre has been a premier destination for live entertainment, hosting everything from Broadway shows to rock concerts to stand-up comedy. In 2009, Billboard Magazine ranked Fox as the #1 non-residency venue in the world. In addition to the historic theatre, the Fox complex also features two beautiful ballrooms perfect for weddings, corporate events, and other special occasions. Whether you're looking for a night of culture or a place to dance the night away, the Fox Theatre has something for everyone.