Atlanta is a bustling city located in the southeast United States; it is the capital of the state of Georgia and is often referred to as the "capital of the South" due to its many diverse attractions — from the World of Coca-Cola to the Centennial Olympic Park. With its mild climate, vibrant culture, and robust business community, Atlanta has earned itself a reputation as one of America's premier cities.
When it comes to planning a wedding in Atlanta, bed and breakfasts provide an ideal atmosphere for couples looking to tie the knot; they offer a more intimate setting than the large hotels typically associated with traditional weddings. In addition to providing an intimate atmosphere for nuptials, B&Bs may also include some amenities that couples will appreciate, such as romantic dinners on-site or packages for events like bridal luncheons or rehearsal dinners. Furthermore, many of these venues are located in historic neighborhoods, which can enhance the overall ambiance for wedding festivities by offering a stunning backdrop for photographs or even ceremony sites.
Bed and Breakfast Wedding Options in Atlanta
A wedding is one of the most important celebrations in your life, which is why you need to have someone who will document the special moments on your big day. Ideally, you’d want to hire a professional photographer who has experience shooting in smaller spaces; they’ll know how to make the most of the light and angles, and they’ll be able to capture all the special moments without being intrusive.
When it comes to catering, think outside the box; after all, a bed and Breakfast is the perfect place for a family-style dinner or a potluck brunch. There are many local catering companies that offer all types of cuisines; most of them can even create a personalized package to suit your preference and budget.
If you are in need of spectacular florals, you may want to check out the local farmer’s market; not only are seasonal varieties gorgeous and fresh, but they offer unprecedented savings compared to imported blooms as well. Another option would be to hire one of the many local florists in Atlanta; they can even help with the arrangements and decorations at the venue during the wedding day itself.
Bed and Breakfast Wedding Vendors in Atlanta
- Six Hearts Photography
Your wedding day is arguably one of the most important days of your life and Six Heart Photography can help you remember your special day for years to come. Taking pride in their ability to capture the beauty and emotion of weddings, they have a team of talented professionals who have a passion for photographing love. They also work closely with couples so that they get an understanding of their vision and capture the moments that matter most.
- Occasional Occasions by Carlton Catering
Established in 1994, Occasional Occasions by Carlton is an Atlanta-based caterer that specializes in offering contemporary Southern cuisine for a wide range of events. With years of experience in the catering industry, you can expect delicious food along with a personable staff that offers impeccable service. They also take into consideration any requests or dietary restrictions that you may have to ensure that everyone will enjoy the food that they are being served.
- Peachtree Petals
Peachtree Petals believe that beautiful floral arrangement shouldn't have to cost a fortune; which is why they are known for offering high-quality arrangements at an affordable price. They have a team of skilled floral designers who are passionate about their work and take pride in creating stunning arrangements that are sure to impress. They also offer a variety of wedding packages to suit every budget; whether you're looking for a simple bouquet or a luxurious centerpiece, their consultants will help you choose the perfect option to make your wedding day even more special.
Pros and Cons of Bed and Breakfast Weddings in Atlanta
Bed and breakfast wedding venues provide couples with a unique and romantic setting for their big day. Ultimately, it all comes down to personal preference and what type of atmosphere you prefer on your special day. Here are some pros and cons of choosing a bed and breakfast wedding venue in Atlanta.
- Most bed and breakfast wedding venues offer a quaint and intimate setting for your special day.
- The small size of these venues means that you can keep your guest list small, ensuring an intimate gathering and still getting the most out of your venue.
- Bed and breakfasts also tend to be more affordable than other wedding venues, making them great options for couples on a budget. Plus, they often have additional services such as catering, photography, and florists available in-house or nearby.
- Due to their smaller size, bed and breakfasts may not be suitable for couples that are planning to have a large wedding with many guests.
- Additionally, some couples may find the historical vibe of these venues a bit too old-fashioned or stuffy.
- These venues may also be less flexible than other wedding locations when it comes to accommodating special requests or changes to the original plan. Hence, if you’re looking for a venue that is willing to customize your big day, this might not be the best option for you.
Tips on How to Organize Bed and Breakfast Weddings in Atlanta
If you're planning a bed and breakfast wedding in the city of Atlanta, there are several considerations to make sure your special day is nothing short of perfect.
- To begin, check out our expansive list of Atlanta-area bed and breakfasts; this will provide you with a variety of choices for your wedding venue. Once you have settled on one that meets all your requirements, don't hesitate to reach out to the proprietor or manager and ask about availability for your wedding date; they should be able to give you an idea of what sort of package they offer as well as how much it would cost you in total.
- Book early when considering accommodation, as most bed and breakfasts have a restricted number of rooms. To ensure everyone has somewhere to stay the night, it is wise to rent an entire house or suite for your group instead. In doing so, you can guarantee each person experiences maximum comfort while they are away from home.
- Finally, don't forget to take care of all the little details that will make your wedding day special; work with the staff at your chosen venue to create a customized menu, select the perfect music for your ceremony and reception, and coordinate transportation for your guests.
Famous Locations in Atlanta
- Atlanta Botanical Garden
Situated in the heart of Atlanta, the Atlanta Botanical Garden is a 30-acre horticultural destination and one of the city’s most popular attractions. The garden was founded by a grassroots group of citizens who started a petition in the mid-70s; today, it features a variety of smaller themed gardens that showcase different landscapes and an array of plants. Thousands of visitors come to the garden each year to see the stunning flora spectacle while also expanding its new collections and conservation efforts. The Atlanta Botanical Garden is truly a must-see for any nature lover or aspiring gardener, offering a peaceful respite from the hustle and bustle of city life.
- Folk Art Park
If you’re looking for a totally unique experience that celebrates the culture and creative expression of the South, then Eddie Owen Martin's Folk Art Park is the place for you. From colorful sculpted figures to murals and mosaics, Marty created his whimsical works of art with a vision in which he was visited by three beings from the future who told him about an alternate reality called Pasaquan. Intricately imbued with spiritual influences from African, Mexican, and Native American cultures, this landmark draws folks from far and wide to see what all the hype is about.
- Alpaca Treehouse
O'Brien's Alpaca Treehouse has rapidly gained recognition as an extraordinary destination for those searching for a remarkable adventure. Specifically designed with eco-tourism in mind, this beautiful treehouse is situated among stunning bamboo forests and built entirely from recycled components. O'Brien's treehouse is an awe-inspiring escape, renowned for its gorgeous design and tranquil atmosphere. Whether visitors take in the view during a day visit or stay overnight to truly absorb the peacefulness of this special place, they are also helping out with our llama rescue mission.