Hall of Murals
The Hall of Murals was one of the original museum exhibits. Gregorio Calvi di Bergolo (1904-1994), an Italian painter, was commissioned in 1953 to paint these twelve oil murals that illustrate historical achievements in surgery and medicine. Calvi de Bergolo was a member of a noble Italian family and studied to become an ambassador. He decided that he preferred art to diplomacy and became known for his landscapes depicting roads and paths that disappear into the countryside. In 1950, he painted a portrait of A. Mario Dogliotti, the President of the International College of Surgeons, which may be why Calvi de Bergolo was chosen to execute these murals.
Available parking lot or parking structure nearby
Property size (sq ft):
10000 sq ft
No adult filming
Wheelchair / Handicap Access
Exact location provided after booking