Philadelphia is the largest city in Pennsylvania and the fifth-most populous city in the United States. It is known for its rich history, on display at many notable sites like Independence Hall and the Liberty Bell. The city is also home to a vibrant arts and culture scene, as well as numerous parks and recreational areas. In recent years, Philadelphia has become an increasingly popular destination for tourists from all over the world. Thanks to its unique combination of history, culture, and natural beauty, the city offers something for everyone. Philadelphia has a lot to offer both in terms of history and present-day attractions.
It is also the home to many unusual venues to rent out for your events. The city has venues to suit any needs, whether easily common or quite obscure. Philadelphia’s spirited artistic scene led to certain locations being made in quite unique ways that can really add interest to your event, and definitely spark conversation.
Unusual Options in Philadelphia
Hiring a professional videographer to capture your party will ensure that you have high quality footage to look back on. Videographers in Philadelphia are usually skilled in capturing candid moments, sharing the memory of the event through their cameras, allowing people to feel like they were at the party, even if they are just watching highlight footage.
Finding the right caterer for your event is crucial in providing delicious food and creating a positive overall experience for your guests. Philadelphia caterers can offer anything from quick finger-food snacks to full 4-course meals, no matter what your gathering needs to make it what you envision.
- Equipment rental
From chairs and tables to audio equipment and projectors, renting the necessary equipment for your event can make all the difference in its success. It’s important to have enough supplies for everyone that comes to your event, allowing everyone to have a seat once in a while, and giving everyone a place to set down their drinks for a moment.
Live music or a DJ can set the mood and enhance the atmosphere of any event. Most DJs are open and excited to cater their playlist to exactly what you need to make your affair the most memorable it can be, playing songs that will surely get your guests up and mingling.
From floral arrangements to themed decor, carefully chosen decorations can transform a space and make it truly memorable for attendees. The decorations can really make or break an event, and if you land on the right setup, your party can shine across the entire city.
Unusual Vendors in Philadelphia
- Meticulous Class events
At Meticulous Class events, they know how to make your event one to remember. Having extensive experience with local occasions, they can assist you in putting yours together from start to finish, or simply provide rental items as needed. The choice is yours — they'll provide as much assistance as you require. Their wide range of vendors ensures you have exactly the affair you want. They can assist you in finding the perfect schedule, no matter what kind of event you are looking to put together.
- Farm Truck
At their restaurant, they believe that good food should be both healthy and delicious. They offer a variety of modern American cuisine with an upscale twist. Their menu items are all made with natural, healthy ingredients, and they only use cheese, bread, meat, and produce sourced from local suppliers. In addition, all of their spreads, condiments, and dressings are carefully made by hand with no additives or preservatives. They're proud to be able to support the local community through their business practices, and they're always happy to work with other small businesses in Philadelphia.
- AJ-DJ Productions
At AJ-DJ Productions, they understand that every gathering is unique. That's why they take a personalized approach to event production, tailoring every detail to fit the individual client. From weddings and corporate functions to private parties and community get-togethers, they strive to create an unforgettable experience for every guest. Established in 2009, they have a wealth of experience in event planning and execution, and they're dedicated to making each occasion a success. They offer both complete event planning services and assistance with audio/visual components, so no matter what your needs are, they can help make your party a success.
Pros and Cons of Unusual Events in Philadelphia
There are both pros and cons to an unusual event happening in Philadelphia. It is important to weigh all of the options before making a decision.
- Choosing an unusual venue can certainly set your vent apart from every other one in the area and draw more attention.
- Being unusual always adds a sense of uniqueness and intrigue, so renting an unusual venue will give your gathering that special and distinctive shine.
- Being creative and versatile is a trait that comes with unusual venues, and hosting a party at an unusual venue leaves doors open to every kind of setup and design possibility you can imagine.
- Due to their uniqueness and lack of conventionality, these unusual venues aren’t as common to find for casual rent.
- Being limited in stock, yet high in intrigue, the cost can be higher due to a demand of clients wanting to host a unique event.
- In finding a venue and also setting up with vendors, sometimes an unusual venue can end up being more time consuming than it is worth.
Tips on How to Organize Unusual Events in Philadelphia
Philadelphia is a historic city with a lot to offer in the way of entertainment and culture. However, planning an affair can be a daunting task, especially if you're not sure where to start. Here are a few tips on how to organize unusual events in Philadelphia:
- Do your research: Philadelphia is a large city with a lot of history, so it's important to do your research before planning an event. What are your guests interested in? What sort of atmosphere are you looking for? What kind of party would be a good fit for the city? Once you have a good understanding of what you're looking for, you'll be able to narrow down your options and make the planning process much easier.
- Choose a unique venue: Philadelphia has no shortage of unique venues, from historic buildings to modern art galleries. If you're looking to really impress your guests, choose a venue that will showcase the best of what the city has to offer.
- Work with local vendors: When planning an event in a new city, it's always helpful to work with local vendors who are familiar with the area and can help make sure everything goes smoothly. From food and drink vendors to transportation companies, working with locals will help ensure that your gathering is a success.
Famous Locations in Philadelphia
- Museum of the American Revolution
Since opening, the Museum of the American Revolution has become one of Philadelphia's most sought-after places to visit. This museum not only tells the story of the United States foundation but does so through captivating and interactive displays. The George Washington Headquarters Tent is a highly notable exhibit, as it served as both his office and bedroom during the war. The museum also features a number of unique interactive exhibits that bring the story of the revolution to life for visitors of all ages.
- Headhouse Farmers Market
The Headhouse Farmers Market is one of the greatest sources of food, flowers, and handcrafted cuisine in the area. Sunday's market shed is packed with vendors from throughout the area who sell their products inside a building that dates back to 1745. Locally produced produce, flowers, and handmade foods are all available at this marketplace. There is a wide variety of vendors, so you're sure to find something you'll love. The market is also a great place to people-watch and enjoy the beautiful weather. Headhouse Farmers Market is the best farmers market in the city and is definitely worth a visit.
- The Liberty Bell Center
The Liberty Bell is one of the most famous symbols of American independence, and it has been a popular attraction at Independence National Historical Park since the early 20th century. The bell was rung to mark important events like the first public reading of the Declaration of Independence, and it also came to be seen as a symbol of freedom and liberty. In 1846, the bell was damaged by a crack, and it has been on display ever since. Today, the Liberty Bell is an enduring symbol of American history, and it continues to draw millions of visitors each year.