Philadelphia is the largest city in Pennsylvania and the fifth-largest in America. It is renowned for its prominent past, eye-catching artistry, and noteworthy tourist spots like the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall. Moreover, Philadelphia is a stellar place to pursue business due to its numerous Fortune 500 companies. Opening a storefront in Philadelphia is an advantageous option for businesses due to the large number of pedestrians and great visual exposure.
Moreover, Philly's walkability gives customers easy access from any downtown location, making it the perfect place to open up a business. With its ideal geography and thriving economy, you can’t go wrong in choosing Philly as your next venture spot.
Storefront Options in Philadelphia
Incorporating beautiful flower arrangements at your event can create a romantic and elegant ambiance. They can also serve as centerpieces for tables or as gifts for attendees.
Hiring a professional photographer to capture special moments at the event can provide lasting memories for all involved. They can also take group photos of attendees to commemorate the occasion.
A videographer can capture moving images and audio from the event, allowing you to relive the experience or share it with those unable to attend.
Storefront Vendors in Philadelphia
- DollFace Studio
DollFace Studio has provided high-quality photography services to the Philadelphia area since 2006. Owners Siobhan and Darah opened the studio after realizing that Philadelphia needed a studio to provide beautiful photos while making clients and places look fabulous. Some event styles covered are storefront options, Japanese gardens, marine events, and more. Its team of skilled photographers always intends to provide clients stunning photos they will cherish forever.
- Rose 4 U Florist
Rose 4 U Florist takes pride in their ability to design stunning floral arrangements for any occasion. The trained florists will work with you hand-in-hand to create custom arrangements for weddings, engagement parties, storefront events, lobby lounges, and dinners. They only use the highest quality flowers, and their passion for detail ensures that every arrangement is unique. They also offer various other services, including event planning, wedding coordination, and more.
- Party City
Party City help you make long-lasting memories with the people you love through their vibrant decoration and services. The company's party stylists are always brainstorming new ways to celebrate special occasions, including out-of-the-way event styles like storefronts, warehouses, industrial kitchens, etc. They keep up with the latest trends and styles and develop exclusive themes and products that make celebrations more memorable. They celebrate each day with joy, and have the decorations to match.
Pros and Cons of Storefront Events in Philadelphia
Storefront locations in Philadelphia have many advantages and disadvantages.
- Philly is known for its prime location for foot traffic and visibility.
- Public transportation makes movement around the city easy for customers visiting the storefront.
- Such events pose an opportunity to build personal relationships with customers.
- Storefronts have higher rental costs compared to other locations.
- There is limited space for expansion or growth.
- You may face competition from nearby stores or businesses offering similar services/products and will need to find something unique for your event.
Tips on How to Organize Storefront Events in Philadelphia
If you're eager to open a business in Philadelphia and want it to thrive, having the perfect storefront location will be essential. A great storefront can draw customers in from foot traffic and allow them to explore your products or services during the event. Here are some helpful tips on choosing and organizing the ideal spot for your new storefront event:
- As the first step, contemplate the surroundings where you want to establish your company. Each district in Philadelphia has its uniqueness, so make sure that your business harmonizes with existing companies near it.
- After you've selected your desired neighborhood, assess the storefronts nearby. It's essential to choose a spot that is both visible and easily accessible for potential customers.
- When you have identified the ideal location for your store, it is time to begin devising a layout that will ensure customers move efficiently in and out of the space. Strategically planning where each element should go is crucial for an adequate customer flow - so take some extra time to plan this out.
- Keep an eye on visible features, like windows and doors, to ensure that your displays and signage are prominently placed in optimal locations.
Famous Locations in Philadelphia
- The Shofuso House
The Shofuso House is a truly unique hidden gem in Philadelphia's Fairmount Park. A showcase of Japanese culture, it was initially built in Japan and permanently relocated to the US in the 1950s, when it was displayed at New York's MoMA. Not only are the gardens exquisitely tended and a perfect representation of Japanese beauty, but the house also holds frequent events for visitors and locals alike. One of the must-see events held here is the annual cherry blossom festival. Guests can learn more about Japanese culture while seeing thousands of beautiful flowering trees.
- Penn Museum
If you're looking for a fun and educational experience, the Penn Museum in Philadelphia is an excellent option. With over one million artifacts worldwide, there's something for everyone. This 15-ton Egyptian sphinx has been on display since 1877, and it's just one of many amazing wonders to behold. The museum sponsors expeditions throughout the year to collect additional artifacts, so there is always something new to explore. Whether you're interested in ancient Egypt, Native American culture, or the history of Japanese tea ceremonies, the Penn Museum has something for you.
- Bartram's Garden
Situated in Southwest Philadelphia, Bartram's Garden is truly a hidden gem. This historical garden is the oldest botanical garden in North America, and visitors are enchanted by its peaceful and natural atmosphere. With acres of old-growth trees, native plants, and stunning gardens, it provides the perfect escape for anyone looking for an afternoon picnic or a tranquil, relaxing spot. While wandering through the grounds, guests can also tour the historic home.