Philadelphia, the City of Brotherly Love, is an iconic destination in the United States. Located in southeastern Pennsylvania, the cultural capital is a vibrant and historic city with a great deal of charm. Founded in 1682 by William Penn and home to many significant historical events such as the signing of the Declaration of Independence, Philadelphia is renowned for its colonial-era architecture and numerous cultural attractions. Summers are hot and humid while winters can be cold with snowfall.
Philadelphia is an ideal city for hosting conventions, meetings, and other large events because it affords visitors access to a wide variety of venues that best meet their needs. Venues range from historic houses located on the outskirts to modern meeting rooms in the center. With so much to offer in terms of culture and convenience, Philadelphia is an ideal location for hosting conventions and meetings with all the necessary amenities right at your fingertips!
Convention Options in Philadelphia
- Furniture Rental
A furniture rental company can provide chairs, tables, and other pieces of furniture for your gathering. This is a good option if you need to provide seating or have an outdoor event where extra tables and seating may be needed. Some companies also offer rentals for linens, tableware, and more.
- Audio/Visual Equipment
An audio/visual rental company can provide everything you need to set up a professional sound and video system for your event. This may include speakers, microphones, projectors, screens, and more. If you are planning a large or important occasion with live music or presentations, it is important to consider the quality of your audio/visual equipment to ensure that your guests have an enjoyable experience.
One of the most important parts of any successful meeting is food! A good catering company will work closely with you to create a menu that fits your needs and budget while also providing high-quality, delicious food. When looking for a catering company, it is important to consider factors like the quality of their food and service, as well as any special dietary needs that may need to be accommodated.
Convention Vendors in Philadelphia
- Miles Table Catering
Miles Table is well-known for their full-service catering services. With the ability to transform any convention space into a beautiful event, their staff has provided top companies in the area with seamless execution for many events. From transforming a plain cocktail party into something extraordinary for a luxury automaker's showroom opening to orchestrating graduations for Jefferson, Drexel, and the University of Penn, they have done it all! Not only have they hosted BBQs for more than 350 guests on the Delaware River's shoreline, but also arranged conferences with over 100 recruits.
- Parties with Brown
Sharifah Brown, the owner of Parties with Brown LLC, knows the importance of celebrating family. That’s why she started her business — to help local families enjoy their time together. Parties with Brown LLC offers everything you need for any event, from bounce houses and games to chairs and tables. Sharifah knows that people often create memories at events like birthday parties, cookouts, weddings, and family reunions. And the best part is that they're affordable! There is something special that happens when family and friends come together. That’s why Sharifah wants to help you make the most out of the time you have with your loved ones.
- D24K Sound & Productions
D24K Productions offers a comprehensive range of services for events and industries. No matter what your event or business needs, they can provide the support you need to make it successful. The company is an expert in lighting, audio, staging, backline, and video rentals and productions. Individually catering to their clients' needs is at the forefront of this company's customer service. The team provides services to a range of clients in the Philadelphia area, from independent artists to those signed with major record labels. They also work with event planners and promoters, as well as venues and companies within the entertainment industry.
Pros and Cons of Convention Events in Philadelphia
When it comes to event planning, Philadelphia can easily accommodate a variety of needs. With its historic sites and modern amenities, the city has something for everyone! But before preparing an assembly in this fabulous metropolis, there are several things worth considering — listed below are some pros and cons that come with hosting your convention here.
- Philadelphia is a major hub for conventions, with numerous venues and event spaces that can accommodate large crowds.
- There are many companies in the city specializing in catering, audio/visual services, and other event-related needs, which makes it easy to find reliable vendors for your convention.
- Philadelphia is a vibrant city with plenty of things to do, ensuring that convention attendees will have an enjoyable experience both at the event itself and during their downtime.
- The high concentration of events in Philadelphia can sometimes lead to overcrowding and increased traffic, which may make it difficult for some attendees to get around.
- Due to the city's high demand for event space and services, the preferred venue can be booked, so plan accordingly.
- While there are plenty of things to do in Philadelphia, it may not have as much appeal or diversity as some other cities, which could limit the types of events that are suitable for a convention setting.
Tips on How to Organize Convention Events in Philadelphia
Planning a convention can seem overwhelming, however with the right preparation and understanding of Philadelphia's attractions, organizing an event here is a breeze. With plenty of comfortable accommodations and diversions to keep attendees entertained; there are endless possibilities for you to choose from in this wonderful city! Here are some useful tips on hosting conventions in Philadelphia:
- Secure your venue now to get the most competitive rate. Philadelphia provides a varied selection of locations, so take some time out and compare rates ahead of making your reservation for added assurance. By booking early, you are more likely to be offered the best prices available!
- To ensure that your delegates make the most of their stay in Philadelphia, it is essential to plan ahead and get organized with the activities available. With so much to explore around this incredible city, having a clear list of attractions will help you maximize your time there.
- Locate the ideal site. Philly is a massive city, so it’s essential to pinpoint a venue located in its core to ensure that your delegates' time isn't wasted traveling from one end of town to another each day.
- Make use of technology. Some online tools can help you plan and organize your convention events. Make use of them to save time and stress.
- Hire a professional planner. If you're feeling overwhelmed by the planning process, consider hiring a professional meeting planner or event management company. They will have the experience and expertise to make sure that your convention goes off without a hitch.
Famous Locations in Philadelphia
- Spruce Street Harbor Park
Anyone looking for a unique summer experience should check out this riverside hotspot along Delaware! Here, you'll find hammocks floating across lush gardens and bejeweled trees that light up the night sky — perfect for an unforgettable evening with your friends. You can also indulge in local craft beer and food from Philly restaurants. Delicious crab fries await you at Chickies and Pete's. Philadelphia has numerous things to do, making it the perfect spot for your next vacation whether you're looking to relax or explore.
- The Franklin Institute
The Franklin Institute is a prime destination for science education and entertainment in Philadelphia, making it an ideal spot to visit regardless of age. Its Benjamin Franklin Memorial is also among the city's most beloved attractions, featuring an awe-inspiring depiction of its eponymous figure. At the science museum, you can learn and be entertained at the same time by watching educational movies and blockbusters in the IMAX theater. They have adult-only events with alcoholic beverages and live music. The gift shop has a great selection of science-related items, so be sure to check it out!
- Independence Seaport Museum
For nearly sixty years, the Independence Seaport Museum has graced Philadelphia's waterfront as a tribute to J. Welles Henderson and his dissatisfaction with the city's disregarding of its maritime legacy. This museum was established in 1961 under the name 'Philadelphia Maritime Museum'. The museum first opened in the Athenaeum on Washington Square and then moved to a building constructed for the First National Bank back in 1898. Nowadays, it resides at Penn's Landing with two National Historic Landmark vessels and its own J. Welles Henderson Archives and Library.