About New Orleans
New Orleans is a vibrant city situated in the southern United States, known for its distinct culture and unique atmosphere. With its colorful buildings and French Creole architecture, the city lends itself to be a perfect destination for corporate meetings. New Orleans boasts a booming culinary scene with its variety of Cajun-inspired dishes that are sure to pique anyone’s interest during their time in the Crescent City. There are plenty of attractions to be seen here including historical sites such as Jackson Square, French Quarter, St Louis Cathedral, and much more! No trip to New Orleans would be complete without sampling some of their traditional Southern cuisines or taking part in one of their many live music events.
In addition to its thriving tourist industry, New Orleans is also home to several major corporations as well as being an important center for finance and commerce in the Gulf Coast region. This makes it an ideal location for corporate meetings as there is a wide range of venues available plus ample resources that make planning these events much easier than elsewhere.
Corporate Meeting Options in New Orleans
For corporate meetings in New Orleans, catering is a great option to ensure that guests have delicious food and drinks to enjoy. There are many quality catering companies in the area that specialize in providing unique dishes and beverages from traditional Creole cuisine to modern culinary delights.
Another option for a corporate meeting in New Orleans is photography. Professional photographers can capture the moments of your event, from candid shots of your guests enjoying themselves to more formal posed photos for press or other publicity purposes. By hiring a professional photographer, you’ll be sure to get high-quality images that will help you remember the event for years to come.
- Audio Equipment
Audio equipment is essential for any corporate meeting held in New Orleans, whether it’s simply playing music in the background or having an important presentation with multiple presenters. Hiring expert audio equipment professionals ensures that your sound system is up-to-date and optimized for maximum clarity while also providing quick setup and teardown times so as not to disrupt meeting flow.
Corporate Meeting Vendors in New Orleans
- Joel Catering and Special Events
Established in 1993 by Joel Dondis, Joel Catering and Special Events has been making special occasions unforgettable ever since. In fact, their team's collective 50 years of experience in the food industry has left them with the expertise needed to create an occasion that everyone will be talking about for months to come. The staff here recognize how important these events are, and instead of leaving it up to chance, they make sure that each detail is accounted for so that you can relax and enjoy your special day.
- Julie Verlinden Photography
Whether it's your wedding day, a casual family gathering, or a day at work, every moment tells a story. From unexpected moments to beautiful ones, Julie strives to capture every aspect of your life with honesty and authenticity. Her aim is to capture the different angles, your feelings, the absurdities, and your beauty in every shot. With a portrait or a "day in the life" photo session, she works with professionalism and attention to detail to ensure that your story is documented in a way that will bring you joy for years to come.
- Khancept Entertainment
Since 2016, KhanCept Entertainment has been providing elite mobile DJ, MC, sound, and lighting services for events catered to all societies. If you're located in New Orleans, Louisiana, or its surrounding areas, KhanCept Entertainment can help you with your special event. But if you're out of town, don't worry — they provide nationwide bookings upon request. As a personal bonus option just for their customers, KhanCept Entertainment also offers Indian and Pakistani events to top off the fun at your gathering with a unique touch!
Pros and Cons of Corporate Meetings in New Orleans
New Orleans is a vibrant and unique city with a storied history that makes it a great destination for corporate meetings. However, there are also some considerations to be aware of prior to booking a meeting in the Big Easy.
- The City’s Charm: New Orleans offers an old-world charm that can be felt throughout the entire city. This makes it an ideal place for corporate meetings as it provides a stunning backdrop for business events.
- Variety of Meeting Venues: From traditional ballrooms to restored antebellum mansions, planners can find a space that suits their needs while still maintaining an authentically Southern vibe.
- Local Cuisine: Not only will attendees get to enjoy delicious meals but they'll also have an opportunity to sample some truly unique Southern dishes during their stay in New Orleans.
- Weather: Temperatures can get quite high during certain times of year (especially summertime) which can make outdoor activities difficult or even dangerous if necessary precautions aren't taken.
- Transportation: Another potential issue with hosting meetings in New Orleans is transportation which can be challenging due to traffic congestion caused by limited roadways leading into the city center as well as difficulty finding parking spots once you arrive at your destination venue(s).
- Distractions abound in this lively city can make it difficult for attendees to stay focused and productive during meetings. The food, music, and nightlife are an incredible draw but can easily distract from the primary objectives of the meeting.
Tips on How to Organize Corporate Meetings in New Orleans
With any corporate event, there are plenty of details that must be taken care of before the event is successful. Here are some tips on how to organize corporate meetings in Crescent City:
- Research Venues: Researching venues for your corporate meeting is one of the most important steps when planning a business event in New Orleans. Consider aspects such as location, size, parking availability, and cost before making your decision.
- Plan Activities: To make sure your corporate meeting is successful and enjoyable, plan activities that incorporate elements unique to New Orleans such as going on a guided tour through historic districts or experiencing an authentic local restaurant or cafe as part of team-building activities or networking events outside of the main gathering space.
- Choose Caterers & Rentals: If necessary, hire caterers and be sure to discuss menu items with them ahead of time; additionally arrange any equipment rentals (e.g., furniture or audiovisual) in advance so all that needs to be done on-site is set up and tear down after the event has concluded.
- Follow-Up & Follow-Through: Last but certainly not least, take appropriate follow-up measures after the conference has concluded by sending out thank-you notes along with surveys that can evaluate how successful the event was overall — this will help make future events more organized and efficient.
Famous Locations in New Orleans
- French Quarter
The French Quarter in New Orleans is a must-see destination for tourists. With its beautiful Mississippi River-side location, the area boasts an array of architectural marvels. Historic buildings dating back 300 years present captivating sights of colonial French influences, with graceful balconies and courtyards surrounded by red-tiled roofs and lush arcades. Take a stroll through the cobbled lanes and enjoy all the classical French architecture before popping into one of the many restaurants, hotels, galleries, or jazz bars that occupy these ancient buildings today.
- Mardi Gras World
When you're in New Orleans, it can be easy to overlook an attraction like Mardi Gras World. Don't miss out, however — this is the absolute place to be if you have any interest at all in Mardi Gras. Back in 1932, Roy Kern started a business manufacturing and creating floats for parade events, and eventually opened Mardi Gras World in 1984. Fast-forward to today and there are over a hundred people employed here, crafting the most dazzling floats for the big event each year. It's believed that around 75% of the floats used during Mardi Gras originate from Mardi Gras World, providing a great opportunity to take part in their tours and gain an inside look into this renowned tradition.
- National WWII Museum
The National WWII Museum is an incredible place that is sure to leave a lasting impression on any visitor. It's cleverly divided into three sections, all of which offer fascinating glimpses into the reality of life during WWII in both Europe and the Pacific. Perhaps the most impressive exhibit is the 4D Theater and its film Beyond All Boundaries — narrated by Tom Hanks himself. Not only does this visually bring history to life but it immerses viewers in action with special chairs that rumble as tanks and other props appear on the screen. But the museum isn't just about flashy entertainment, as there are plenty of documents, oral histories, and even profiles of soldiers throughout their war experience to really open one’s eyes to what it was like back then.