Nashville is a music lover's paradise. It's located on the Cumberland River in Davidson County and boasts musical diversity, with genres like country, rock, pop, blues, and gospel performed here. The atmosphere is electric, and hot chicken is another local favorite visitors love trying in Nashville. The city has a humid subtropical climate with four distinct seasons. Nashville experiences an average of 43 inches of rain per year. Whether you're a country fan or a rock n' roll aficionado, Nashville will have a concert or performance that you'll enjoy.
If you're looking for a unique wedding destination that won't sacrifice style, look no further than Nashville. With its convenient location and stunning array of venues, from rustic barns to modern ballrooms, your guests will be admired as they watch you exchange vows in the perfect spot. Plus, it's easy to get everyone together in one place so you can enjoy a beautiful celebration without breaking the bank.
Unique Wedding Vendors in Nashville
- Wedding Cake
A unique wedding cake could feature a rich and luxurious design to reflect the special occasion. For example, a six-tier cake with cascading flowers and intricate fondant swirls in shades of ivory, pink, and champagne could be perfect for a romantic celebration. The top tier of the cake could have an elegant monogram or crest to add a personal touch.
Hiring talented music artists can turn any wedding into an unforgettable experience. For a unique wedding, consider brass bands or jazz quartets that can provide exciting renditions of classic love songs. Live music from cellists, violinists, and harpists can also create a romantic atmosphere and bring out the beauty in each moment.
To give your wedding venue a unique aesthetic, consider using vibrant colors and intriguing textures as part of the decor scheme. For example, colorful lanterns in different shapes and sizes can create beautiful visual effects when suspended from the ceiling or lined along walls. Combining candles with floral arrangements in shades of pink and peach will create an enchanting ambiance that lasts until the night's end.
Unique Wedding Vendors in Nashville
- Fadds Events
The staff of experts at FADDS Events will ensure your unique wedding celebration runs smoothly from start to finish. Equipped with premier event equipment and extensive planning experience, they are devoted to providing remarkable customer service while paying attention to every detail so that nothing goes wrong.
- Laurel & Leaf
Laurel & Leaf uses top-notch flowers and ingredients, so you can be sure that the arrangements for the unique wedding are beautiful and durable. They will work with you to create a custom design for the wedding, whether small or large, to bring your vision into reality with utter grace and beauty.
- Dream Events & Catering
Dream Events & Catering has been planning events for nearly three decades in Middle Tennessee. Their top-notch reputation is based on their excellent culinary delights, impeccable organization, and customer-centered service. Whether your unique wedding calls for a small celebration or a lavish extravaganza, they will ensure a truly remarkable experience from start to finish. Every detail is covered, from catering and music to planning and design services, so your needs are met without stress or hassle.
Pros and Cons of Unique Weddings in Nashville
Planning a wedding is an exciting but daunting process. Knowing where to begin your search can be difficult when deciding where to have the big day. The city has something for every taste and budget, from rustic barns to swanky rooftop lounges. Here are some pros and cons of hosting a unique wedding in Nashville:
- Whether you’re looking for live local bands or DJs, Nashville offers an impressive array of talented musicians who can provide high-quality entertainment for your special day.
- From modern art galleries to lush gardens, a wide variety of exciting and unique venues in the city will give your wedding its flair.
- Nashville is renowned for its delicious southern cuisine, so you’ll find menus to please even the pickiest of eaters at your reception.
- With its booming economy and popularity among tourists, Nashville is known for being one of the most expensive cities in America regarding housing costs, which could dent your wedding budget if you’re not careful.
- While some public transportation options are available in the city, they are limited compared to larger cities such as New York or Los Angeles.
- While most weddings occur during warmer months, Nashville temperatures can vary significantly from season to season due to shifts in weather patterns making outdoor events risky.
Tips on How to Organize Unique Weddings in Nashville
Nashville is a beautiful city with plenty of charm, culture, and activities to make your wedding day unique. From planning a memorable ceremony to finding the perfect reception venue, planning an unforgettable wedding in Music City can be overwhelming. To help couples create the perfect celebration, here are some tips on organizing unique weddings in Nashville.
- Utilize Unique Venues: Couples looking for something different should explore venues that showcase Nashville's premier attractions, like historic buildings, rustic barns, or art galleries. A unique setting will create an unforgettable experience for the couple and their guests.
- Incorporate Local Music: Many couples include a musical element in their weddings. Whether booking a live band or playing regional tunes throughout the event, couples can incorporate local music to remind them of their special day in Nashville.
- Use Creative Décor: Put your spin on traditional décor by adding bright colors, funky patterns, or quirky details like paper flowers, vintage furniture, and upcycled materials to reflect the couple’s love story and bring their vision of a unique wedding to life.
- Offer Local Cuisine: From southern-style barbecue to Mexican street food, plenty of delicious dishes are served in restaurants across Nashville. You can add local flavor to your celebration with ease.
- Plan Your Transportation: It can be difficult getting around downtown Nashville due to traffic congestion and limited parking availability. Consider hiring transportation services like vans or trolleys so everyone can travel together while still experiencing some of Music City's iconic sights during their ride.
Famous Locations in Nashville
- Country Music Hall of Fame & Museum
The Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum is a top-notch attraction you won't miss if you're visiting Nashville. This cutting-edge facility features multimedia displays of classic performances, costumes, instruments, gold records, and memorabilia. Other highlights are a restored 1951 Cadillac limousine, a private catamaran, an antique radio stage from the early days of rock and roll, a vintage tour bus, and a recording booth. Guided visits to RCA Studio B in Nashville are also available. The Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum is perfect for all types of Nashville visitors, not just fans of country music. Be sure to put it on your list of must-see attractions.
- Frist Art Museum
At the Frist Art Museum, you'll find something new and inspiring every time you visit. Whether it's a rotating exhibit showcasing emerging artists from your local community or a historically significant piece from an acclaimed artist across the globe, this museum always features unique works that will capture your imagination. With its bright and airy art deco building and diverse exhibits, the Frist Art Museum is one of Nashville's premier cultural attractions and a must-visit for anyone looking to dive into the art world.
- Nashville Zoo at Grassmere
The Nashville Zoo's mission is to inspire people to learn about and take action to protect our natural world. They do this through providing exemplary animal care, innovative exhibit design, engaging educational programs, and cutting-edge research. In addition, they are committed to being a good steward of the land and resources entrusted to our care. The Zoo collaborates with other groups to assist endangered and threatened species and their habitats. Nashville Zoo is authorized by the Association of Zoos & Aquariums (AZA). This accreditation implies that they provide exceptional animal care, veterinary treatment, wildlife conservation, education, and professional development. The Nashville Zoo is one of only nine zoos in the United States to achieve this accreditation.