Located on the southeastern coast of Australia, Melbourne is a cosmopolitan city home to over 5 million people and renowned for its unique culture, world-class gastronomy, and beautiful architecture. It is famed for its urban laneways, art galleries, public parks, and eclectic neighbourhoods.
However, there is much more to this charming city than meets the eye. Its location allows it to be a great place for business and corporate events with many office spaces available that are suitable for any event needs whether it be a large or small-scale corporate meeting or a big launch event. The best part? Many of these venues are housed within some of Melbourne's most iconic buildings—from classic Victorian terrace houses to modern skyscrapers like Eureka Tower and Rialto Towers. The city's history as a major port has seen an influx of architectural styles over time resulting in some remarkable buildings that are perfect for both indoor and outdoor events alike.
The beauty of Melbourne lies in its ability to accommodate all sorts of corporate events while also maintaining its own unique character which makes it truly one-of-a-kind. Whether you're looking for something casual or formal, there's surely something here that will fit your needs perfectly — and not just in terms of venue options either; the locals are always eager to help out where they can too.
Office Event Options in Melbourne
- Audio/Visual Equipment Rental
Having audio/visual equipment such as projectors, screens, microphones, speakers, etc. can really add value to an office event by providing impactful visuals and sounds that engage attendees. Renting these pieces of equipment also takes away any stress or worries you may have when it comes to technical problems or maintenance for your own equipment.
Hiring a catering company to provide food and drinks for the event can help ensure an enjoyable experience for all in attendance. This allows you to choose from a variety of options, from light snacks and hors d’oeuvres to full-course meals and more specialized dishes. With catering services, you can create a menu that fits your budget while ensuring high-quality food and presentation.
A photographer or videographer is essential for capturing special moments from your office event. They can create photos or videos that showcase the energy and enthusiasm of your team members in action. Images are perfect for sharing online afterwards to promote future events or simply encourage good memories among employees.
Office Event Vendors in Melbourne
- Brisk Catering
Brisk Catering is Melbourne's leading drop-off caterer, providing customers with top-of-the-line food from local suppliers. Established in 2013, Brisk Catering offers a wide array of services and products, including boxed catering for individuals, breakfast catering, sandwich catering, afternoon and morning tea catering, salad catering, grazing platters, cheese and fruit catering, and finger food catering. The company prides itself on its state-of-the-art kitchen in the Melbourne CBD and its team which ensures that all orders are made safely and arrive on time. With their commitment to quality ingredients and dependable service, Brisk Catering helps ensure any event is a success.
Microhire is a leading Australian-owned event staging company providing cutting-edge audiovisual and IT solutions to corporate clients for more than 25 years. With a vast inventory of AV and staging equipment, Microhire is able to provide top-notch products such as laptop hire, server hire for conventions, photocopier hire service for conferences, print management, and networking services. In addition to providing the latest technology and equipment, Microhire also offers experienced staff who are able to assist in planning, coordinating, and executing events. Microhire’s commitment to excellence has earned them an acclaimed reputation amongst their peers in the industry.
- Melissa Hobbs Photography
Melissa Hobbs Photography is an experienced commercial photographer based in Melbourne, Australia, specialising in a range of photographic genres including corporate, event, portrait, headshot, and product photography. With over 10 years of experience in the industry, Melissa has photographed for numerous clients and publications throughout Australia, including Business Chicks magazine Latte. She has also had her own series of solo exhibitions showcasing her signature style of capturing candid moments from her subjects. Melissa's attention to detail ensures that every client receives professional results and memories to last a lifetime.
Pros and Cons of Office Spaces in Melbourne
If you are looking to connect with potential customers or promote your products in Melbourne, renting an office can be a good option. However, before deciding, it is important to weigh the benefits and drawbacks. Here is a comprehensive list of the pros and cons to help you make an informed choice.
- Cost-Effective: Office spaces can often be rented out at lower rates than other venues for events which makes them cost-effective options for those on a budget.
- Location: Being in such a central location means that it’s easy to access guests from all over Victoria and nearby states as well.
- Visibility: Events held in larger office spaces offer more visibility than smaller ones, which makes it easier to attract more guests.
- Noise Levels: The noise levels within an office may not be suitable for hosting certain types of events where silence is essential, such as meetings or seminars.
- Lack of Privacy: An open-plan space that doesn’t provide much privacy or seclusion can make it difficult for your attendees to focus on the event itself.
- Limited Parking Options: Depending on where your chosen office is located, parking may be limited or scarce; thus forcing guests to pay for expensive parking fees or use public transportation instead.
Tips on How to Organize Office Spaces in Melbourne
Hosting an event in an office space can be a great way to bring together employees and members of the local community. Whether you are planning an educational seminar, corporate meeting, or networking event, making sure your location is adequately prepared is essential for creating a successful experience. Here are some tips to help you prepare your office space in Melbourne for hosting an event:
- Ensure that your office has enough space for the number of guests that will be attending. Depending on the type of event, this may require rearranging some furniture or taking out any unnecessary items. Additionally, having plenty of seating available and providing adequate walkways to ensure smooth movement throughout the area is essential for maintaining comfort and convenience.
- Invest in quality audio and visual equipment to use for presentations, if needed. High-quality digital projectors, PA systems, and even video cameras can greatly enhance the experience of your guests by ensuring they can easily view and understand important information presented during the occasion. Make sure these pieces of equipment are properly set up beforehand so there are no problems with the operation when needed.
- Provide food and beverages if it fits within your budget. This could include snacks like fruit platters or finger foods as well as more substantial offerings such as sandwiches or salads. Having refreshments available helps keep attendees happy and energized throughout the day which makes them more likely to engage with activities or pay attention to presentations during the event itself.
Famous Locations in Melbourne
- The Public Purse
Melbourne's "The Public Purse" is a prominent work of public art that cannot be missed. The granite and stainless steel creation was designed by Simon Perry as part of a competition for unique street seating in 1994. Its large size and unique design make it a symbol of Melbourne's central business district as a commercial and shopping hub. Perry emphasized that his work represented the interaction between the city and citizens, the public and the private. Since its unveiling in September of 1994, the purse-turned-seat has been a popular spot for tired shoppers to rest their legs.
- Old Melbourne Gaol
The Old Melbourne Gaol is a historical prison that operated from 1841 to 1924. Today, it stands as a museum where visitors can explore the maze of tiny, austere cells and learn about the dire social conditions that fueled criminal activity in 19th-century Melbourne. The gaol is infamous for its 133 hangings, including that of Australia's most infamous bushranger, Ned Kelly in 1880. In addition to regular tours, the gaol offers spooky night tours and the Police Watch House Experience, a uniquely immersive experience that allows visitors to be 'arrested' and thrown in the slammer.
- Coop's Shot Tower
Coop's Shot Tower, once the tallest building in early Melbourne, still stands today, preserved by a giant cone that encloses the historic bullet factory. Built in 1889, the tower was used to create shot pellets at a rate of around six tons per week during its heyday. Despite changes to the site over the years, the tower was never abandoned and now serves as a landmark and museum. In the interest of preserving Melbourne's history, the tower was enclosed by a modern steel and glass structure in 1991, which now houses a museum exploring the tower's past and the city's history.