Baltimore, MD, is a vibrant and diverse city on the United States' East Coast. It is known for its rich history, vibrant culture, and excellent cuisine. With over 600,000 residents and a diverse population of ethnicities and backgrounds, Baltimore is one of the most unique cities in the U.S. The city is also home to some of the nation’s top universities, including Johns Hopkins and the University of Maryland.
Organizing events and film/photo shoots in office spaces in Baltimore, MD, can be very beneficial for both businesses and organizations. It offers businesses an excellent opportunity to showcase their brand in an attractive setting while taking advantage of local authorities' tax incentives. For organizations such as charities and non-profits, it provides an excellent platform for them to tell their story or spread awareness about their cause or message. Additionally, Baltimore has some of the best venues around, with numerous options available depending on what event you are hosting or what kind of photos you are taking. The city also has great hotels that offer amazing accommodations for guests attending events or photo shoots, which helps to make it even easier to plan successful events here.
Office Event Options in Baltimore
- Food and Drinks
Baltimore’s catering scene has something for everyone, from casual finger foods to elegant 3-course meals. Whether you are looking for an elaborate spread or just some light snacks for attendees, countless caterers can provide delicious options. For those wanting to serve alcohol at their event or shoot, numerous beverage providers offer beer, wine, spirits, specialty cocktails, and more.
- Set Designers
One of the most important aspects of any event or photo shoot is the look and feel of the space. With experienced set designers in Baltimore, it’s easy to create beautiful backdrops that will enhance any event or shoot. From furniture rental to lighting design, these professionals have all the skills to turn office spaces into stunning venues with custom-made sets that will impress guests and clients alike.
- Cleaning Services
After any event or photoshoot concludes, it is always important to leave the space clean and tidy. Thankfully, professional cleaning services specialize in post-event cleanups for any size office space. They provide deep cleaning services that include wiping down surfaces, vacuuming carpets, and taking out the trash so everything looks spotless after your special occasion ends.
Office Event Vendors in Baltimore
- Biddle Street Catering and Events
The talented chefs at Biddle Street Catering and Events meticulously balance flavors with the freshest ingredients, resulting in an unforgettable mouth-watering culinary journey. They are well-reputed with a proven track record of excellence, providing top-quality custom catering services in Baltimore. Their team of seasoned event professionals and imaginative chefs can turn your office event into an unforgettable feast, with every detail carefully crafted to perfection.
- Baltimore HCS Home Cleaning Services
Baltimore HCS Home Cleaning Services offer some of the highest quality and reliable cleaning services around. Their commitment to the community and the environment shines through in their locally-owned and charity-supporting business. They are fully bonded and insured, and their staff have undergone rigorous background checks for your peace of mind. Plus, their eco-friendly and pet-safe approach makes them a top choice for any home or office event in need of cleaning.
- Lucent Lux Photography
Lucent Lux Photography has been capturing events of all sizes through artistic portraits, static, and dynamic shots. This wife and husband team brings a unique perspective to their work, blending the classic with the contemporary. Based in NYC, they have expanded their coverage to include Washington DC, Baltimore, Maryland, North Virginia, and East & South Pennsylvania. Lucent Lux Photography has extensive experience in office events, corporate gatherings, socials, weddings, baby photos, family photos, and more.
Pros and Cons of Office Events in Baltimore
Organizing events and film/photo shoots in office spaces in Baltimore can be a great way to expose the city's culture and create unique experiences for attendees. However, there are both advantages and disadvantages that one should take into account before deciding to book an office space:
- Reasonable rates: Office space rental tends to be cheaper than traditional event venues, which allows for bigger budgets on food, entertainment, and other aspects of the event.
- Unique experience: Offices often possess quirks that make them interesting and perfect for photo or video shoots. Moreover, they bring an innovative feel to any type of event.
- Convenient locations: Offices in Baltimore are usually situated near public transport links making them more accessible than other venues.
- Flexibility: Office spaces can be used for all types of events, including conferences, meetings, parties, trade shows, etc., as well as film or photo shoots.
- Accessibility issues: Not all buildings have enough space for a large number of people with disabilities or those who require special access.
- Noise restrictions: There may be specific regulations governing noise levels so it’s essential to check beforehand if you plan on playing music or loud sound effects during the event or shoot.
- Limited amenities: Most offices don’t provide additional facilities like catering services or audiovisual equipment, so these will need to be provided by outside vendors at an additional cost.
- Unfamiliarity: It may take some time to get used to the layout and features of a new office space, so it’s important to familiarize yourself with it beforehand if possible.
Tips on How to Organize Office Events in Baltimore
Working in creatively stimulating office spaces can help foster productivity and inspiration. But organizing events and film or photo shoots in Baltimore office spaces can be tricky - here are several tips to make your project go more smoothly:
- Scout out the right space: Not all office spaces are suitable for events or photo/film shoots. Identify your projects' specific requirements, such as a certain parking situation or electrical needs, and find an office space that meets those needs.
- Secure necessary permissions: Depending on the event you’re hosting or the media you’re producing, special permits or licenses may be needed from the city of Baltimore before you can proceed. Be sure to familiarize yourself with applicable regulations beforehand so you don’t run into snags during the planning process.
- Have an emergency plan: Accidents happen, and it’s important to be prepared for them when working in busy office environments. Discuss potential risks with your team beforehand and establish a plan for responding to emergencies during the event or shoot.
- Make sure you’re properly insured: Your regular business insurance may not cover all of the risks associated with holding an event or producing media where people will be present. Consider purchasing special event insurance or coverage that will protect your team and participants if something goes wrong.
- Facilitate communication: When hosting an event or filming a photo shoot in an office space, it’s important to keep everyone updated on what’s happening throughout the process. Hence, there aren't any surprise changes at the last minute. Use communication tools like Slack, Asana, or Trello to ensure everyone is on the same page and has access to all relevant information about the project.
Famous Locations in Baltimore
- Federal Hill Park
Federal Hill Park is a Baltimore landmark that has drawn visitors for centuries. With its stunning views of the Inner Harbor, this multi-level park is perfect for challenging sprints and offers a playground that will delight the kids. But this park is more than just a great spot for physical activity and play. Its history is just as impressive as its view. From public gatherings in pre-Revolutionary times to celebrating Maryland's ratification of the U.S. Constitution by building a ship called "The Federalist," Federal Hill has seen it all. In the 19th century, Baltimore merchants even built a tower to watch for ships from Europe and Asia, making it a key part of the city's mercantile heritage.
- National Aquarium
Since its opening in 1981, the National Aquarium has captivated visitors with its sensational collection of marine life. Spread across two buildings, Pier 3 Pavilion and Pier 4 Pavilion, the aquarium houses over 750 species. The Pier 3 Pavilion is a five-story building that immerses visitors in various environments, each floor showcasing a different ecosystem. Meanwhile, the Pier 4 Pavilion is home to a marine mammal exhibit and a sanctuary for Atlantic bottlenose dolphins. From tiny seahorses to enormous sharks, the National Aquarium has curated a magnificent collection of aquatic creatures that will leave you in awe.
- The Washington Monument
Designed in 1815 by renowned American architect Robert Mills, this towering column was constructed entirely by hand and completed in 1829. At the time, the monument's size and height were nothing short of miraculous. Can you imagine living in the early 19th century and watching a 178-foot-plus landmark emerge before your very eyes? That feat of engineering would leave even the most seasoned construction worker in awe.