About Long Beach
Long Beach is a fantastic city in Southern California. With its gorgeous beach, excellent climate, and plenty of attractions, it’s no wonder Long Beach is a popular destination. There are many fun activities here, like visiting the Aquarium of the Pacific or exploring the historic Queen Mary. Additionally, lovely outdoor spaces like Promenade Park exist for those looking to relax and take it easy. Furthermore, the music scene in Long Beach is booming with iconic venues such as The Observatory and House of Blues.
As far as music video spaces go, Long Beach offers a unique advantage for video production because of its robust infrastructure. There are numerous sound stages available for rent that provide a professional production space equipped with lights and other technical equipment that can be used to create high-quality videos. Long Beach has some stunning locations that could be used as filming backdrop - from the iconic coastline to neighborhoods brimming with character. Moreover, crew members in the area are experienced in working on music videos, so producers can rest assured that their projects will be taken care of from start to finish. All these factors combine to make Long Beach an ideal place to film music videos.
Music Video Options in Long Beach
- Production Companies
Long Beach is home to many production companies experienced in creating successful music videos. From working with major record labels to independent artists, these experienced professionals can provide all the necessary services for a quality music video shoot. They can help with casting, writing treatments, and providing the right crew for the shoot. Having the knowledge and experience to work with different budgets and locations, these companies understand the unique needs of filming a music video in Long Beach and are familiar with its charms.
- Audio/Visual Equipment Rentals
When getting the right audio/visual equipment for a music video shoot in Long Beach, plenty of options are available. With rental companies located nearby, filmmakers can access a wide range of cameras, from DSLRs to high-end cinema cameras, lighting systems, sound rigs, props, and other gear needed. These rentals can be found at reasonable prices and guarantee reliable service that can make any music video project successful.
- Set Designers
For those looking for an extra touch of creativity for their music videos in Long Beach, many local set designers are available who specialize in creating unique sets tailored to meet your vision. From graphic artists who can design custom backdrops and logos to set builders who can construct intricate sets out of virtually anything, these professionals have the skills and experience to bring any project to life on screen. With their knowledge of local resources and expertise in building realistic scenes fit for any genre or music video, they’ll ensure that your vision is brought into reality without breaking the bank.
Music Video Vendors in Long Beach
- Water Tree Media Inc.
Water Tree Media Inc. specializes in creative, high-quality video captures for products, services, music videos, and social issues. With an outstanding track record of 10 years in the industry, Water Tree Media Inc. has made a lasting impression on its clients by delivering award-winning content and exceptional customer service. They go above and beyond in planning, maximizing, and creating video content, giving their clients various options and uses.
- Goyette Sound and Video
Goyette Sound and Video capture pristine audio and stunning HD video. Before each recording event or music video, they meticulously plan to ensure their gear is ready to provide exceptional results. Their production goals and values are focused on exceeding expectations, making clients feel comfortable, and delivering a final product they can be proud of. Offering services like multicam filming, multitrack audio capture, and DVD production, it's no wonder they are trusted by clients time and time again.
For over 20 years, WolfgangMedia has been helping its clients create viewer-friendly promotional, corporate, and documentary projects and music videos. Established in 1994, their passion for storytelling has taken them from local projects to filming for Hyundai Motors and the History Channel. Michael Wolfgang Bauch, the owner, has no shortage of experience, from filming in remote Alaskan villages to shooting at the Pentagon and CIA buildings.
Pros and Cons of Music Videos in Long Beach
Creating and producing music videos can be a powerful tool for promoting an artist's work and gaining recognition. However, before diving into the vibrant music scene of Long Beach, it's crucial to weigh the advantages and disadvantages carefully:
- Variety: There are likely to be many options for music video spaces available, providing potential variety in terms of size, style, and context.
- Professional: Because spaces are designed specifically for music videos, artists can finish their content professionally.
- Creativity: Having access to different types of music video spaces allows for greater creativity when deciding on a concept for the video.
- Unique locations: Long Beach has iconic landmarks and plenty of artistic neighborhoods perfect for filming.
- Limited time: Depending on the availability of the space, artists may only have limited time to use it before needing to move to another location.
- Equipment: Some rental spaces may not provide all the necessary equipment, such as lighting or special effects required for certain concepts.
- Limited diversity: With its beautiful beaches, sunny skies, and palm trees everywhere you look, there’s limited diversity when choosing locations.
- Permits: Obtaining permits to shoot music videos in Long Beach may require significant time and effort, depending on the location.
Tips on How to Organize Music Videos in Long Beach
Music videos are great ways to showcase your creative flair and unique sound. Creating an engaging space to shoot music videos is essential for a successful product. Here are some tips on how to create the perfect atmosphere in Long Beach for recording music videos:
- Choose a location that will capture the essence of your music video: Long Beach has various locations that could suit any mood or genre. Consider outdoor spots such as beaches, parks, and piers and indoor options like abandoned buildings or historic sites.
- Utilize natural light: Natural lighting can give the video a lively look and feel while saving you money on equipment costs. Take advantage of the natural beauty by shooting near sunrise or sunset.
- Invest in quality audio equipment: Audio is as important as visuals when making a music video, so invest in good microphones and headphones if possible. Consider hiring an audio engineer who can ensure the best sound quality.
- Incorporate props: Props can add depth and realism to the scene. They also help bring out certain themes in the story behind the song. Look for items that relate to the lyrics or melody of your music video.
- Hire professional help: Professional filmmakers often have access to better tools and resources than those available to amateurs, which can help you achieve a higher level of production value for your project. They can also offer useful advice on executing specific shots or ideas within your budget.
Famous Locations in Long Beach
- Shoreline Aquatic Park
Shoreline Aquatic Park boasts mesmerizing waterfront views of Queensway Bay and Rainbow Harbor and scenic views of the Queen Mary and downtown waterfront. A stroll in this 12-acre park is truly a feast for the eyes. Picnic enthusiasts also have a reason to rejoice with several spread-out tables, which are also within walking distance of various waterfront restaurants. Not just that, the nearby Aquarium of the Pacific is just a few steps away and makes for a perfect addition to your itinerary.
- Earl Burns Miller Japanese Garden
The Earl Burns Miller Japanese Garden is a hidden gem in Southern California, captivating visitors with its tranquil allure. Situated in Long Beach, this 1.3-acre oasis transports guests to the enchanting world of Japan, boasting a mesmerizing design adorned with intricate features. Renowned landscape architect Ed Lovell expertly crafted this garden, drawing inspiration from the resplendent Imperial Gardens in Tokyo. For Koi fish and chrysanthemum enthusiasts, the garden's annual auction and show are must-attend events. As an additional delight, the garden neighbors the historic village site of Puvunga, where remnants of the ancient Tongva civilization have been unearthed.
- Alamitos Bay Beach
Alamitos Bay Beach is a true gem for those seeking an outdoor adventure. With options to rent a kayak, paddleboard, and a scenic bike path, this beach is not just your average sand and sea experience. Alamitos Park is the perfect place to relax and take in the beauty of Long Beach, with palm trees, white sands, and picnic tables at your disposal. This beach offers a unique blend of natural beauty and urban amenities, making for an unforgettable experience. With incredible views of Alamitos Bay, this beach is a must-visit for anyone looking for a fun day in the sun.