Burbank is a unique and vibrant city located in the Los Angeles metropolitan area. Blessed with sunny Southern California weather year-round, it is an ideal destination for anyone looking for an escape from winter or just to get away for a weekend. Burbank is home to numerous attractions, from beautiful parks and beachfront to world-class entertainment centers.
It also has a booming economy, with many high-tech companies making their home in the city. Boasting its film studio, Burbank offers filmmakers access to some of the most sought-after equipment and shooting locations in the United States while providing unparalleled opportunities for creative collaboration among professionals.
The close proximity of venues such as Universal Studios Hollywood, Warner Bros., and Disney makes it easy for production teams to quickly jump between stages or sets when needed. Alongside these big names are smaller local businesses offering unique services such as editing suites and green screens that can enhance any movie or TV project.
Video Shoot Options in Burbank
Burbank is home to many makeup artists who can provide services made for video shoots. These artists can help to create the most suitable look for your production, whether it is a natural look or something more glamorous.
If you don’t have the skills to shoot a video, you can hire a professional videographer to take your production to the next level. Many videographers in Burbank can capture your video shoot on film, whatever the purpose of your video may be. These professionals have the equipment and experience necessary to get the best possible footage of your production.
Several catering companies in Burbank can provide food and beverages for your video shoot. These companies can ensure that your crew and cast have everything they need to stay fueled and hydrated during filming.
Video Shoot Vendors in Burbank
- JLB Media Productions
JLB Media Productions, founded in 2008 by Jonathan L. Bowen, has been providing videography services to businesses and individuals who need to promote their brands in stunning quality. The company specializes in commercials, marketing videos, product videos, training videos, virtual tours, event videography, and company overviews, among others. Their services include cinematography, aerial videography, interviews, voiceover, graphics, and animation. The best thing is that you can achieve high-quality videos at an affordable price! So if you need a videographer who can produce professional videos even on a budget, don’t hesitate to reach out to JLB.
- Nika Geneva Makeup Artist
Nika Geneva has over 10 years of experience in the beauty and entertainment industries and has done the makeup of many celebrities. She specializes in makeup for editorial, fashion, TV, and film, and has a deep set of knowledge and skills to create a wide variety of looks. Nika offers three on-location makeup services: the Bare Beauty Makeup Experience for that matte look on camera, the Glam Makeup Experience for that glamorous look for red carpets and cocktail parties, and the Platinum Makeup Experience for live filming, editorial shoots, or any event that needs consistent touchups.
- Boyz in the Kitchen
Boyz in the Kirchen has been in the catering industry for over 20 years. As a flexible caterer, they specialize in weddings, and charity events, film and TV productions, small meetings, media events, receptions, and more. They pride themselves in cooking only delicious and nutritious meals, and they can even accommodate special dietary requests including dairy-free, low-fat, low-carb, vegetarian, vegan, etc. Depending on the event, they can either serve the food in sit-down meals, buffet style, or simply drop-off delivery.
Pros and Cons of Video Shoots in Burbank
Burbank is an ideal location for video shoots because of its proximity to major entertainment and media companies. However, a few things should be kept in mind before settling on a video studio space in Burbank.
- A number of entertainment and media companies are located in Burbank, which makes it easier to get access to diverse filming resources and facilities.
- Burbank has a strong video production community, which provides content creators with much-needed support and networking opportunities.
- Burbank is home to scores of post-production facilities that offer editing and special effects services.
- You'll need certain filming permits are required before your cameras can start rolling in public spaces such as sidewalks or parks.
- The city tends to be crowded and chaotic around major attractions, making it challenging to film.
- Traffic is an issue when traveling between different locations during shoots during rush hour which could result in delays or difficulties reaching set destinations on time if proper precautions are not taken ahead of time such as leaving early enough taking into consideration potential roadblocks along the way.
Tips on How to Organize Video Shoots at a Studio in Burbank
If you are feeling overwhelmed by the thought of working within a video studio space in Burbank, don't worry! With some careful planning and these helpful tips, the process can be smooth sailing. Let's get started:
- Use a wall-mounted storage system with adjustable shelving and drawers: This will help you keep your studio space organized and efficient by providing easy access to the items you need.
- Allocate specific areas for each type of equipment or task: For example, designate one corner of the studio to house editing equipment, or another area for camera gear and lenses.
- Be smart: Place common items such as cameras, tripods, headphones, cables, etc. in easy-to-reach shelves or racks that can be accessed quickly during session setups.
- Be organized: Organize all small pieces of equipment in bins within the shelving system so they are easily visible and accessible.
- Label everything: Label each item clearly with its purpose to ensure that it always goes back to its designated place when not in use.
Famous Locations in Burbank
- Magnolia Park
Magnolia Park, Magnolia Boulevard, is a shopping district with well-known vintage clothing stores. It's also where you can find unique 1950s-style movies to take home with you. This is a great place to shop, and events are held here year-round, like live music nights. The robust browsing and café culture further enhance the atmosphere—you'll find quirky boutiques and coffee shops dotting the neighborhood. So if you're looking for somewhere to shop 'til you drop (or just window shop), Magnolia Park is the place to be.
- Burbank Farmers Market
They say that the best things in life are free, which may well be the case in the Burbank Farmers Market. This market, located in Burbank, California, at the foot of City Hall, has a central location yet retains a village feel. It's the ideal spot to walk around on a Saturday morning and sample the goods of local businesses from all over Southern California. They come to this market to sell their produce, baked items, and other goods from San Francisco to San Diego. The Burbank Farmers Market offers locals fresh produce and provides visitors with a one-of-a-kind souvenir. So be sure to stop by next time you're in the area!
- Warner Brothers Studio
If you enjoy watching movies, you can't visit Burbank without seeing the Warner Brothers Studios. You may go behind the scenes on a guided tour of the Warner Brothers production lot, where you'll be able to learn about all of the famous films that have been made here. There is an entire exhibition for one of their most renowned franchises, the Batman movies. You'll have costume and prop up close while reading pieces from the authentic scripts. These studio tours offer a detailed exploration of how the films we’ve come to love were created.