Atlanta is a vibrant city located in the southeastern part of the United States, along with other large metropolitan areas such as Charlotte, Nashville, and Birmingham. The city features a temperate climate that offers all four seasons and year-round outdoor activities. Atlanta is a notable destination for both business and leisure travelers alike, boasting award-winning restaurants, professional sports teams, attractions such as the Georgia Aquarium, and world-class museums like the High Museum of Art.
Organizing an unusual party in Atlanta can be extremely beneficial due to the city's wide variety of entertainment and hospitality options. From cozy bars and lounges to full-scale venues that feature performance stages as well as private spaces for more intimate gatherings, there are plenty of options for hosting any type of party in this exciting city.
There are also numerous corporate event spaces available for those looking for a more formal venue to host their celebration. This stunning metropolis is also home to many great hotels that offer everything from luxurious accommodations to budget-friendly options sure to make any visitor feel right at home.
Unusual Party Options in Atlanta
Let your guests create enduring memories by taking turns posing for photos with a professional photographer—snap away and cherish those candid shots!
Another option is to hire a DJ. They'll keep the crowd entertained with a mix of music, and they can even get everyone dancing if you're looking to add an extra element of fun.
Finally, you might want to consider hiring bartenders. They can make sure everyone has a drink in hand and can help to set the mood for your party. Plus, they'll take care of the cleanup so you don't have to worry about it later.
Unusual Party Vendors in Atlanta
- C Brown Photo
Cindy Brown is a wedding and event photographer based in Atlanta. Her style is documentary and candid, although she also captures posed shots. Though she photographs several weddings, she also works in corporate events, portraits, and mitzvahs. Clients testify to her impeccable skills as a photographer, her personality, and her humility.
- DJ Zegi
As a professional DJ, Zegi has over a decade of experience in corporate, club, and social event markets. He has a broad and unique understanding of music programming and event entertainment and can customize every DJ set and performance to the specific needs of each client. His impressive list of clients includes Fortune 500 companies and executive global brands, and he can provide them with the perfect soundtrack for their events.
- Raising the Bar
Raising the Bar is one of the most popular drink services in Atlanta because they offer an all-inclusive, hassle-free service for any type of event. Their bartenders are passionate and knowledgeable professionals that excel in customer service, making sure every client is happy. Not only does Raising the Bar come to your event space and set up all the equipment, but they will take care of all bar requirements for your next function. They take care of ordering stock and glassware, and maintaining quality control standards—everything necessary to make sure your event runs smoothly.
Pros and Cons of Unusual Parties in Atlanta
When crafting a celebration, there's much to contemplate. One of the main areas you should consider is selecting an ideal venue. Your chosen locale can ultimately make or break your event—so if you're striving for something distinctive and memorable in Atlanta, then it’s crucial to pick the best for your event out of all the numerous possibilities available. However, before booking that extraordinary space for your bash, it's essential to be aware of potential benefits and drawbacks:
- Unique experiences: Unusual party venues offer a one-of-a-kind experience that you and your guests will remember for years to come.
- Plenty of options: There are a variety of unusual party venues to choose from in Atlanta, so you’re sure to find one that suits your needs.
- Fun and different: Unusual party venues are a great way to add some fun and excitement to your event.
- Can be uncommon and expensive: Unusual party venues can sometimes be less accessible than traditional venues. They may have unique features that make them pricier to rent than other venues.
- Not always appropriate: Depending on the type of event you’re planning, an unusual party venue might not be the best option.
- Requires more planning: Since unusual party venues are often less familiar to planners, it’s important to do your research and plan carefully to avoid any surprises on the day of your event.
Tips on How to Organize Unusual Parties in Atlanta
Atlanta is a fantastic city for hosting parties. There are many different venues to choose from, and the city has a wide variety of entertainment options. However, hosting an unusual party in Atlanta can be a challenge. Here are some tips to help you plan a successful event:
- Make your event extraordinary by selecting a unique venue: If you truly want to be one of a kind, consider an outdoor space like a park or rooftop deck; or for something indoors, why not try an art gallery or loft apartment? You're sure to mesmerize your guests with the perfect location!
- Stand out from the rest by deciding on a theme: You can go for something specific, like the ‘20s era or "Alice in Wonderland," and then carry it through everything related to your event—from invitations to snacks and even drinks. This way, you are sure that all of your friends will have something exciting to discuss when they arrive at the party.
- Hire entertainment that fits the theme: Don't be afraid to think outside the box when it comes to entertainment. If your party has a vintage feel, hire a jazz band or fortune teller. For a more modern bash, consider hiring acrobats or fire dancers. The options are endless!
Famous Locations in Atlanta
- CNN Center
Although it is perhaps best known as the capital of Georgia, Atlanta is also home to several important businesses and cultural institutions. Among them is the international headquarters of CNN, the 24-hour news network. The network used to host studio tours, where visitors could take a 50-minute walking tour of the facilities, which included a behind-the-scenes look at how the network produces its programs. However, the tour was permanently discontinued in March 2020.
- Centennial Olympic Park
Situated in the heart of the city, this 22-acre park is a much-loved spot for locals and visitors alike. The Atlanta Committee for the Olympic Games built the park in 1996 in time for the Olympics, and it has been a crowd favorite ever since. Every week, the public park hosts free concerts, making it a lovely place to enjoy a summer evening. The park also provides plenty of opportunities for relaxing and taking in stunning views of the city. With its memorials, fields, and seating areas, there is something for everyone at this beloved park.
- High Museum of Art
The High Museum of Art is a must-see for all art enthusiasts located in the southeast. Boasting a permanent collection of over 15,000 works and offering a range of rotating exhibits, the museum is sure to have something for everyone—from the most serious connoisseur to the casual viewer. And if learning about art piques your interest more than just looking at it, then good news—the High offers educational programs for both children and adults. Situated conveniently in Atlanta's vibrant arts district, the museum also provides an excellent starting point for an afternoon of gallery hopping and exploration.