Atlanta is one of America's biggest cities and an important cultural hub in the Southeast. It's home to the world’s busiest airport, a thriving music scene, and some of the best college sports teams around. Not to mention all the iconic sights—like the Coca-Cola Museum, Martin Luther King Jr. National Historic Site, and Centennial Olympic Park.
For those looking to break into film or television production, Atlanta offers plenty of studio spaces with great infrastructure and access to experienced crews. Whether you're just starting out on a new project or kicking your business up a level, there's no shortage of places to find professional services from sound mixing to catering. So if you're doing creative work—or even just looking for a really cool city to visit—Atlanta has you covered.
Studio Options in Atlanta
- Audio/Visual Equipment Rental
Many vendors can assist you if you need to rent audio or visual equipment for your studio event. Some popular options include Bose, JBL, and Shure. You'll be able to find everything from microphones and PA systems to TVs and projectors.
There are many ways to capture the memories of your studio event, but one of the most popular is through photography. Several professional photographers specialize in events like these, so finding the right one should be easy. They'll be able to capture all the special moments, so you can look back on them for years to come.
Making your studio event look great is essential; some vendors can help. Whether you need tables and chairs or something more elaborate, they'll be able to assist you. You can also find companies that specialize in creating custom backdrops and other decorations.
Studio Vendors in Atlanta
- Atlanta Pro AV
Atlanta Pro AV is a group of audio/visual experts dedicated to making your event or installation a success. Their staff has over 50 years of combined expertise in the AV sector, which allows them to guarantee that your function runs smoothly and successfully. Their staff includes some of the most excellent experts in the business, including engineers, service, and operations employees. So whether you need assistance with a small event or a large-scale installation, you can be sure that Atlanta Pro AV has the experience and know-how to complete the process correctly.
- Jasmine’s Photography
Jasmine is a talented portrait and branding photographer who has an eye for Detail. She is based in Atlanta, GA but is originally from Florence, SC. Jasmine is currently attending the Savannah College of Art Design where she will earn her BFA in Commercial Photography and Fashion Marketing. Jasmine discovered her passion for photography at the age of 15 and has been perfecting her craft ever since. Her favorite styles of photography to shoot are branding, influencing, lifestyle, and portrait photography because she loves helping her clients feel comfortable in front of the camera and capturing their essence perfectly. If you're ever in the Atlanta area or looking for a travel photographer, be sure to check out Jasmine's Photography!
- Balloons Over Atlanta & Event Visions
Balloons Over Atlanta will assist you in planning and decorating for any event. Since 1979, they've been assisting individuals in planning and dressing up for all sorts of parties, so they know what it takes to make a party fantastic. They provide décorating, balloon delivery, and event planning services to help you get through the process easier. They specialize in significant events like grand openings and corporate galas, but they can also handle birthday parties and wedding receptions. Because they've been in the business for a long time, they know how to manage logistics while staying within your budget. If you're unsure how to approach your next event, large or small, let them help make it successful and memorable.
Pros and Cons of Studio Spaces in Atlanta
If you're on the fence about renting studio space in Atlanta, here are some advantages and disadvantages to help with your decision-making process.
- With many different types of studio spaces available in Atlanta, you're bound to find one that meets both your financial and personal requirements.
- If you're looking for an arts community to get involved in, the city is a great place to be. You'll have access to resources and networking opportunities that can help you thrive.
- You won't have to worry about the heat or cold disrupting your productivity thanks to the temperate climate.
- In Atlanta, finding an affordable studio can be a challenge, especially if the area is central.
- Be prepared for a longer commute, as traffic can be horrendous.
- Unfortunately, the city can be quite segregated, which limits your exposure to different types of people and cultures.
Tips on How to Organize Studio Spaces in Atlanta
If you're an artist, then you know that a well-organized studio is key to being productive. But it's not always easy to keep everything in its place. If your Atlanta studio space could use some help, here are a few tips to get you started:
- The first step is to take inventory of the square footage you have available. If you're working with a large space, then you have more room to work with in terms of organization. But if your studio is smaller, you'll need to use the limited area wisely. Once you know how much space there is to work with, begin thinking about the best way to utilize each inch.
- As you design your space, don't forget about storage. You'll need adequate shelving, cabinets, and drawers to house all of your supplies. Ensure you label everything so you can quickly grab what you need when the time comes.
- Before you buy or build a studio, consider the following: where do you plan to work most often? Do you need more light in certain areas? How will you arrange your furniture for maximum comfort and productivity?
Famous Locations in Atlanta
- September Gray Fine Art Gallery
September Gray Fine Art Gallery is a beautiful space that celebrates African and African American culture through the works of contemporary artists. September Gray Fine Art Gallery is the perfect place to expand your creativity and cultural knowledge. The gallery is open Tuesday-Friday from 11 am-5 pm and Saturday from 12 pm-5 pm, so be sure to stop by next time you're in the area! Not only will you see some fantastic artwork, but you'll also be supporting a gallery that exists to maintain the historic African diaspora legacy.
- The Sawnee Mountain Preserve
Sawnee Mountain Preserve is a 963-acre nature preserve located in Cumming, Georgia, with the purpose of land conservation. Sawnee Mountain Preserve is more than just a pretty place to walk around - it features an interactive visitor center, 11 miles of hiking trails, a "treehouse," picnic areas, and special programs like tree climbing, guided hikes, and craft workshops. The camps offered here are great for families too. The best part of the preserve was watching the bees make honey at the visitor center! If you plan to be in Cumming/Atlanta area anytime soon.
- Davidson-Arabia Natural Preserve
The Davidson-Arabia Mountain Nature Preserve is a 2,550-acre preserve in DeKalb County, Georgia. The highlight of the preserve is Arabia Mountain, which rises 650 feet above the land around it. The preserve is celebrating its 50th anniversary this September with special events like hikes and bike rides. The preserve includes hiking trails, a fishing lake, and a wildlife rehabilitation center. To find out more information about these celebration activities this monthlong celebration, visit the National Heritage Area Calendar of Events.