Atlanta is a city that oozes Southern charm and hospitality. From its beautiful hills and lush green trees in the north to its bustling downtown core, there is something for everyone in this diverse city. Atlanta's rich history dates back to the Civil War, when it was a gateway between two worlds, the North and the South, and developed into one of America's most important cities.
With a rich blend of cultures, backgrounds, and traditions, it is easy to understand why Atlanta is also called "The City Too Busy To Hate." One thing that sets Atlanta apart from other major metropolitan hubs is its rustic charm. The city has a unique mix of old-school Southern architecture and modern buildings, with sprawling landscapes housing grand plantation houses, grand mansions, parks, trails, and churches, all great event locations.
From historic barns and farms in the suburbs to elegant wineries and vineyards near downtown, not to mention beautiful parks full of tall trees and lush greenery, Atlanta has a rustic atmosphere perfect for any event planner looking for something out of the ordinary.
Rustic Event Options in Atlanta
Florists provide beautiful arrangements and bouquets to capture the rustic aesthetic. From wildflowers to sunflowers, roses, and other blooms, an experienced florist creates stunning displays for any occasion, utilizing vibrant colors and unique combinations of flowers to add a special touch to the event. Floral arrangements can also be used in centerpieces, backdrops, and other decorations to create a more complete rustic look.
Food is another piece of the puzzle when planning a successful rustic event. From delicious BBQ to wood-fired pizzas, diverse catering options help bring out the best in your rustic theme. Whether you are looking for something casual or more traditional fare, Atlanta has plenty of caterers who specialize in rustic cuisine and flavors that can make your event an unforgettable experience.
Live music can be a great way to add atmosphere to any event, especially a rustic-themed occasion. From traditional music styles like folk or bluegrass to more modern takes on those genres, musicians can perform acoustic versions of popular songs. Having live musicians play at the event creates a cozy atmosphere and immersive experience for guests.
- Outdoor Games
Adding simple outdoor games like horseshoes or cornhole will give your guests something fun to do and help them embrace the rustic theme. These activities will get people laughing and enjoying themselves while connecting with nature through an interactive experience.
Rustic Event Vendors in Atlanta
- Squash Blossom Kitchens
Squash Blossom Kitchens is an Atlanta-based boutique catering company that offers artfully crafted and refined rustic cuisine. Founded in 2011 by childhood friends Christine Roberts and Katy Purwin, the business specializes in Mediterranean-inspired dishes using only the freshest ingredients, often sourced locally and sustainably. The team is experts in creating delicious meals with meticulous attention to detail, having trained as chefs Christine at the Italian Culinary Academy and Katy at La Universidad de Salamanca in Spain.
- 2000 A.D. Inc.
Since its establishment over 20 years ago, 2000 A.D. Inc., Concepts In Floral Art has been a design resource specializing in creating unique and expressive floral designs for special occasions. They feature premium stems of blossoms and foliage from around the world, as well as stylish antiques, accessories, and luscious scented candles. Their floral design services cater to various occasions, from small corporate meetings to grand wedding receptions. With a wide array of products and services, 2000 A.D., Concepts In Floral Art aims to bring beauty and luxury to every event it is involved in.
- Kate and Corey
Kate and Corey are an acoustic duo from Atlanta, GA, providing soulful music entertainment for corporate events, ceremonies, cocktail hours, parties, and other special occasions. With over a decade of experience in the music industry, they have shared the stage with renowned acts like Jewel at the legendary Ryman Auditorium and have performed at Dollywood. Their diverse repertoire boasts genres ranging from rock to roots and spans eras from old to new.
Pros and Cons of Rustic Locations in Atlanta
Finding the perfect rustic location for your event can be a great way to create an unforgettable experience. However, there are pros and cons to consider when it comes to rustic locations in Atlanta.
- Located away from city centers, rustic venues often come with scenic outdoor areas or gardens, providing the perfect backdrop for photos or a pleasant atmosphere for guests.
- The layout of rustic venues may be more conducive to different types of events, such as weddings, concerts, or parties.
- Renting a rustic location can provide guests with stunning views of the countryside or surrounding nature.
- Since rustic venues are often located away from densely populated areas, they may be difficult for some guests to get to without their transportation.
- Depending on the time of year, weather-related issues may affect outdoor events at rustic venues making them less than ideal in certain situations.
- Smaller rural properties may not have a dedicated staff or personnel available to assist with the setup and breakdown of any event.
Tips on How to Organize Rustic Locations in Atlanta
When hosting an event, a rustic venue can provide the ideal backdrop. Whether it's an outdoor wedding or a barn-style party, selecting the right location is crucial for achieving your desired outcome. Fortunately, Atlanta offers diverse charming rustic settings for special events and activities. Here are some valuable tips on successfully hosting an event in a rustic setting in Atlanta.
- Research Local Laws & Regulations: Before signing any contracts make sure you have read up on any local laws or regulations that may impact your event. Different counties and municipalities may have different restrictions on noise levels after a certain hour or regulations regarding serving alcohol at events depending on the type of license held by the venue. Knowing these ahead of time will save you from potential headaches during the event planning process.
- Create a Welcoming Environment: Make sure to create an environment that reflects this warmth by adding elements such as fireside seating, blankets or pillows for lounging on couches, and string lights or lanterns as lighting fixtures. All these will help enhance the feeling of comfort and relaxation for your guests.
- Incorporate Nature: If possible, incorporate elements of nature into your event - either through utilizing outdoor spaces or bringing in floral arrangements from outside sources. This will help create an authentic natural feel which is essential for creating a successful organic look within your rustic setting.
- Set Up Decorations: To create a truly rustic experience, it’s important to set up decorations that reflect this style. Choose items like burlap tablecloths, hay bales for seating, mason jars with flowers or candles, and other vintage-looking accessories. These decorations will help create the desired atmosphere for your event while also helping enhance the beauty of your rustic setting.
- Have Plans In Place For Inclement Weather: Nature can be unpredictable, so it's wise to plan for inclement weather like rain or extreme heat that could spoil outdoor events. Ensure alternative indoor areas for guests seeking shelter from bad weather, or arrange for shade to keep everyone cool in hot temperatures. Preparedness is key to ensuring a successful and enjoyable event, regardless of Mother Nature's whims.
Famous Locations in Atlanta
- Atlanta Botanical Garden
The Atlanta Botanical Garden is a 30-acre oasis in the northwest corner of Piedmont Park. Its stunning grounds feature winding paths, a Japanese garden, the Fuqua Orchid Center with its impressive collection of species, and an edible garden. The Botanical Garden also boasts a Canopy Walk through Storza Woods and various permanent art installations. Additionally, visitors can enjoy special events throughout the year, such as summer concerts, holiday light displays, children’s summer camps, and Scarecrows in the Garden around Halloween.
- Jimmy Carter Presidential Library and Museum
The Jimmy Carter Presidential Library and Museum is a tribute to the life and work of former president Jimmy Carter, located in Inman Park, Atlanta. The center features exhibits that chronicle his presidency from 1977–81, including a replica of the Oval Office and a Nobel Peace Prize. Visitors can explore interactive maps to learn about Carter's humanitarian work and a wealth of videos and photographs documenting his life. After taking in its cultural attractions, guests can relax in the peaceful Japanese or butterfly garden.
- Hammonds House Museum
Hammonds House Museum is an important cultural center for Atlanta and its West End neighborhood. It is housed in a 19th-century Victorian home, once owned by Dr. Otis Thrash Hammonds, a prominent local arts patron. The permanent collection includes more than 450 pieces from African, American, and Caribbean artists, including works from Romare Bearden, Elizabeth Catlett, Benny Andrews, and Shanequa Gay. Additionally, Hammonds House Museum features Robert S. Duncanson's oldest known painting and various guest lectures, book signings, and film screenings designed to explore Atlanta’s Black culture history.