Atlanta is a vibrant city located in the US state of Georgia, known for its rich culture, music scene, and yearlong warm climate. It's a favorite spot for tourists and locals alike who come to visit its many attractions, such as the world-renowned Georgia Aquarium, the Centennial Olympic Park, and the Mercedes-Benz Stadium. Atlanta also boasts several educational institutions, including the renowned Emory University.
Modern conferences hosted in Atlanta offer attendees a plethora of advantages. Thanks to its location at the junction of three major highways (I-20, I-75, and I-85), the city is easily accessible from most places in the United States. Attendees will benefit from Atlanta's excellent public transportation system that includes MARTA buses and trains which can provide access to any part of this exciting city. The presence of some of the world’s top hotels within easy reach of downtown conference venues also makes it an attractive option for events with international delegates.
On top of that, modern conferences held in Atlanta benefit from a vast selection of restaurants serving dishes from all around the globe—perfect for lunches or dinners with your colleagues. There are also numerous entertainment venues across town where you can take a break or hang out after hours following busy days filled with professional activities.
Modern Conference Options in Atlanta
- AV Equipment
Audiovisual equipment is a must-have in any conference, as it allows you to interact with those involved through video conferencing and provides an opportunity for all presenters to be seen and heard. The necessary technology must be installed beforehand to make meetings a breeze.
Videography is an excellent choice for documentation purposes of conferences. Having a record of your meeting can be extremely helpful when requiring review in the future, wanting to share with others who weren't present, or posting on social media for promotional purposes.
Catering ensures that participants have something to eat during the meeting, which can be helpful if it runs over lunchtime. Your menu option will depend on your budget, the theme of your event, and its time and length.
Modern Conference Vendors in Atlanta
- AV Covered LLC
AVC's audiovisual technology is cutting-edge, and its technique for onstage productions is unrivaled. They have multiple sales staff members dedicated to serving different markets, such as corporate, special events, education, and government. In addition to having an exceptional sales team, AVC also has a technical support staff that includes a design and concepts team and a project management team.
- DV Photo Video
DV Photo Video is a team of creatives who are dedicated to producing unique and engaging coverage of various events, on quick deadlines. They believe that everyone deserves to have beautiful photos and videos of their special occasions, and the team is here to help make that happen. Whether you're looking for someone to capture your wedding day, or you need a team to cover a corporate event, they'll be there to provide the high-quality coverage you deserve. Their style in photography is low-light, atmospheric, and candid.
- Simply Sated by Chef Tessa
With over two decades of restaurant expertise under her belt, Chef Tessa knows precisely how to make any event extra special. Whether it's a wedding reception or corporate lunch for 15 people, she can create a custom menu tailored perfectly to both her client’s budget and unique preferences. Her catering business can serve any cuisine—whether Italian, Spanish, Mexican, or BBQ—and can accommodate any dietary preferences.
Pros and Cons of Modern Conferences in Atlanta
If you're debating whether to host your conference in Atlanta, you must assess both the advantages and disadvantages thoroughly before determining if this is an ideal location for your event.
- Atlanta is centrally situated, making it effortless to get here from almost any point in the country.
- The city boasts a plethora of cutting-edge venues that can accommodate large groups and provide state-of-the-art technology ideal for conferences.
- In addition, Atlanta is a vibrant and exciting city, with plenty of activities and attractions to keep attendees busy during their free time.
- Whether you are looking for a place to host a large conference or simply want to explore a new city, Atlanta is worth considering.
- Atlanta is such a popular destination that it can be difficult to book conference space during peak times. You may need to book your venue well in advance to get the best rates.
- In addition, Atlanta can be a bit of a challenge to navigate, so if you are not familiar with the city, it may be best to hire a local guide or planner.
- Public transportation in Atlanta may be outdated and unreliable, which may displease delegates attending from other cities.
Tips on How to Organize Modern Conferences in Atlanta
Crafting an unforgettable conference in Atlanta requires careful forethought and meticulous organization. As a conference organizer, you have the exciting but daunting task of finding the ideal venue, curating captivating speakers, and ensuring that everything runs without hiccups from start to finish. To make your job easier (and ensure success!), follow these simple tips for organizing your next big event!
- First, start by booking your venue well in advance. This will give you plenty of time to arrange for all the necessary amenities, such as audiovisual equipment and catering.
- Once you have the venue locked down, it's time to start working on your speaker lineup. Atlanta is home to many fantastic speakers, so take your time and pick the right people for your event.
- Promote your event eagerly: Use traditional advertisements such as billboards and flyers and social media platforms to get the word out about your event.
- Finally, don't forget about the little details that will make your conference run smoothly. Things like name badges and registration forms may seem like small inconveniences, but they can go a long way in making your event more organized and efficient.
By following these simple tips, you can make sure that your next Atlanta conference is a huge success.
Famous Locations in Atlanta
WILD at Illuminarium is a new digital exhibition that transports visitors to the savannas of Africa. Using cutting-edge technology, the exhibit simulates the sights and sounds of the African landscape, providing an immersive experience that is unlike anything else. Visitors will have the opportunity to see lions, elephants, and other wild animals in their natural habitat, and they will also learn about the important role that these animals play in the ecosystem. The exhibit is sure to be a hit with animal lovers of all ages, and it is sure to provide a new and exciting way to connect with nature.
- The National Center for Civil and Human Rights
The National Center for Civil and Human Rights is an incredible museum located in Atlanta, Georgia that honors both the American Civil War and the civil rights movement. It was created to pay homage to its namesake leader, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Not only were many of his papers housed there for people to view but also the struggles, battles, and accomplishments regarding civil rights from a global perspective.
- Southern Food Tour
Ready to take a delicious journey down south? A Southern food tour is an absolute must-have experience when visiting Atlanta. Here, you can savor iconic dishes like juicy fried chicken and mouth-watering BBQ, plus tantalizing treats that are only known to locals. With guided or private immersion tours available, your taste buds will be in for a wild ride, and you can even quench your thirst with some refreshing cocktails along the way! So lace up those shoes and hit the streets with an appetite—this Southern food tour promises to be a trip of epicurean delight!