Home to more than half a million people in the Metro Atlanta area, this vibrant city offers something for everyone! From its exciting attractions and ongoing entertainment to its artistic and historic charm, it's no wonder why Atlanta is among one of the most modern and celebrated cities in the United States. It is considered an epicenter of film production and content creation, including providing resources for many Hollywood blockbuster movies like Black Panther, Baby Driver, Stranger Things, Captain America: Civil War, Marvel’s The Avengers, and more. Cabaret venues have long been prominent in part due to the many colleges located around Atlanta that provide a perfect crowd for its wild scene.
If you take note next time you visit the zoo or park around Atlanta, you may hear distant cheers coming from underground cabarets! And as if all that wasn't enough to make it stand out from other cities across America - did you know that on most days there are more than 1,000 planes coming in and out of Atlanta making it the world's busiest airport?
Cabaret Options in Atlanta
- Clothing Rental
There are a variety of clothing rental options for cabaret events. You can choose to rent tuxedos, gowns, or other formal attire. If you're looking for something more casual, there are also options for renting everyday clothes.
- Makeup and Hairstyle
If you want to look your best for your cabaret event, you'll need to get your makeup and hair done professionally. There are many makeup and hairstyle options to choose from, so you can find the perfect look for your event.
Decorating your cabaret event can be a lot of fun! You can choose to go with a theme, or just use simple decorations to create a festive atmosphere. There are many different types of decorations available, so you can find something that fits your event perfectly.
The music at your cabaret event is going to be a very important part of the atmosphere. You'll need to choose music that sets the right tone for your event and makes everyone feel comfortable dancing and having a good time.
Cabaret Event Vendors in Atlanta
- Costumes ETC
If you're looking for costumes for your cabaret event, look no further than Costumes ETC. Atlanta's go-to shop for costume rentals and sales, Costumes ETC has been in business since 1992. They have a wide selection of costumes to choose from, and they can even help you with makeup and hair. With one of the city's largest inventories of adult and children's costumes available year-round, you're sure to find what you need at a price that won't break the bank. Complete your costume with their wigs, masks, hats, professional cosmetics, and other goods.
- Psycho Sisters
At Psycho Sisters, they offer a range of vintage-style clothing organized by era and color. They want their store to be as convenient as possible for customers, so come check out their new organization today! Right now, all prices have been lowered to better fit customer budgets. Plus, they've been around since 1980 - established in the heart of Little Five Points in Atlanta. For over 20 years now, lovers of vintage style keep coming back to us again and again because they know they're the best place for cheap funky styles.
- Rare Form Creatives
Rare Form Creatives is an experienced professional event production company that strives to create the best quality event solutions. They specialize in making hip, creative, and stylish entertainment experiences. With their creative team, Rare Form Creatives can design any style of live entertainment package for any topic, resulting in a long-lasting memory of your special event, party, or festival. For over 20 years, Rare Form Creatives has created art and dance parties in Atlanta with previous experience as artists. They've come to the conclusion that the pleasure your visitors get throughout your event helps to cement their memories of it, and they're eager to go above industry standards in order to construct high-quality, unforgettable experiences.
Pros and Cons of Cabaret Events in Atlanta
Cabaret-themed events have become increasingly popular in Atlanta as a great way to celebrate special occasions. From dinner and dancing to live entertainment, these fun events can be a memorable experience for all involved. However, there are pros and cons that come with hosting such an event. Here is a look at some of the key points to consider when thinking about hosting a cabaret-themed event in Atlanta.
- Many venues provide delicious food and drinks for these types of events so you won’t have to worry about bringing your own refreshments.
- Nothing compares to the ambiance created by live entertainment with professional singers and dancers that get everyone in the mood for an unforgettable night out.
- With cabaret-style events, you also have the option of choosing from several different themes including 1940s Big Band Era, Roaring 20s Speakeasy, Jazz Club Night Out, or Tropical Island Getaway just to name a few.
- There’s something truly special about the presentation you get with cabaret-style entertainment - the shimmering decorations and costumes provide an experience like no other!
- Many venues don't offer cabarets due to their limited size requirements which makes them difficult to find even if you want one.
- Depending on the type of theme chosen for your event, many guests may not be familiar with certain aspects such as dress code or appropriate behavior which can lead to confusion throughout your event.
- Sound systems can be tricky to deal with at times especially when it comes to getting the perfect balance between volume levels throughout the room - any issues here can throw off your entire night!
- Planning a cabaret-style event involves lots of intricate details so it may require more time than usual in order for everything to run smoothly on the big day.
Tips on How to Organize Cabaret Events in Atlanta
If you’re looking to organize a successful cabaret-themed event in Atlanta, there are a few key steps that you should follow to ensure that your event is as memorable and enjoyable as possible. Here are some tips on how to do just that!
- Choose a venue: When selecting an appropriate venue, consider factors such as the size of the space, its acoustics, and whether or not it has amenities like a bar or stage. Additionally, investigate the parking situation to make sure there is adequate space for your guests to park their cars.
- Create an entertainment plan: Once you have selected a venue, it’s time to create an entertainment plan. Start by deciding if you want to hire professional performers or if you are going to rely on volunteers. You should also determine what type of performances will be featured (e.g., comedy acts, musical numbers, burlesque shows).
- Promote the event: Once everything is planned and confirmed, start promoting your event! Consider using social media platforms such as Facebook and Instagram to announce the show and share updates with potential attendees. Additionally, consider putting up posters around town and engaging local businesses as sponsors for added exposure.
- Manage staff and volunteers: During the actual event, it’s important to have enough personnel in place to take care of all aspects from ticketing to hospitality management. Make sure that everyone involved is aware of their duties ahead of time so they can adequately prepare themselves for the show!
- Ensure safety and security: Providing a safe environment for guests should always be a top priority when organizing any kind of event; especially ones with certain levels of intoxication involved (e.g., cabaret events). Ensure that you have an adequate number of security personnel present during the show who can handle situations professionally in case anything arises.
- Source quality materials: Don’t make last-minute purchases when obtaining supplies for your cabaret event; instead take some time to source quality items from trusted vendors who specialize in party decorations like streamers, balloons, or lights – this will help create an enjoyable atmosphere while ensuring value for money spent!
Famous Locations in Atlanta
- Woodruff Arts Center
The Woodruff Arts Center is Southeast's largest performing arts center and one of Atlanta's most popular tourist destinations. The Woodruff Arts Center is a world-renowned complex dedicated to the performing and visual arts. The High Museum of Art, the Alliance Theatre, the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra, and Young Audiences all call Woodruff home, making it a crucial economic, educational, and social catalyst for both Atlanta and its surrounding communities. In addition to being a major cultural attraction in its own right, the Center stages more than 3000 events and exhibits each year. Visitors can take advantage of the Center's many dining and shopping options, as well as its proximity to other Atlanta attractions such as the Georgia Aquarium and Centennial Olympic Park.
- Martin Luther King, Jr. National Historic Site
The King Center, located in downtown Atlanta, is a renowned complex dedicated to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s life, work, and legacy. The facility was built in 1968 by Coretta Scott King to continue her husband's work and was named for him after his death. Visitors can tour the Center's many exhibits, watch films about Dr. King's life, and take part in educational programs. The King Center is also home to the MLK National Historic Site, which includes Dr. King's birth home, Ebenezer Baptist Church (where he served as co-pastor with his father), and the crypts of Dr. King and his wife Coretta Scott King. The King Center is a powerful reminder of the impact that one person can have on the world and an important stop for anyone interested in Civil Rights history.
- Fox Theatre
The Fox Theatre is a famous Atlanta monument that has entertained locals and tourists for many years. This historical building first opened its doors in 1929 and has been used for a variety of events, including concerts, plays, movies, and dance recitals. The theater was saved from destruction in the mid-1970s and turned into a contemporary multi-purpose facility. The Fox Theatre, which is the oldest continuously operating theater in Atlanta, hosts over 200 shows each year, including Broadway hits to well-known performers to the Atlanta Ballet's Nutcracker. If you're visiting Atlanta and want a fun and unusual experience, don't miss out on seeing the Fox Theatre!