About North Vancouver
North Vancouver is a vibrant part of the greater Vancouver region, located in British Columbia, Canada. It's a metropolitan area that boasts beautiful landscapes and diverse cultural experiences. From unique public transit to world-renowned production studios, North Vancouver is an epicenter of entertainment and creativity.
From award-winning feature films to music videos produced by local talent; there are many production possibilities in this picturesque city. On top of its incredible backdrop for media productions, North Vancouver is an active hub for outdoor activities and recreation like skiing, mountain biking, and hikes accessible to all levels of adventurer. Did you know that the Grouse Grind trail (also called the "Mother Nature's Stairmaster") situated in nearby Grouse Mountain averages around 150,000 visitors each year?
North Vancouver is one of the most beautiful places anywhere in Canada. Located on the shore of Burrard Inlet, the city has a rich history and a diverse population, making it the perfect location for a video shoot. There are plenty of different video shoot locations to choose from, each with its unique charm. From versatile and professional studio spaces to beautiful natural backdrops, North Vancouver offers something to suit any project. Keep reading for tips on how to ensure that your North Vancouver film production is a success.
Video Shoot Options in North Vancouver
There are many makeup companies in North Vancouver that can provide services for a video shoot. Look for an experienced makeup artist who can help you achieve the looks you need for all your cast members.
If you want to ensure a professional, polished end product, an experienced videographer is a must-have. The right person will be able to capture the perfect shots for your project and help elevate it to the next level.
- AV Rentals
If you need any AV equipment for the video shoot, check out what North Vancouver’s best AV rental companies have to offer. They have everything from cameras and lights to props and microphones, and they're happy to help you choose the right gear for your shoot.
Quality catering will keep your cast and crew happy and help your video shoot run smoothly. North Vancouver’s vibrant culinary scene means there are plenty of great caterers to choose from, so shop around to find something that suits your tastes and budget.
If you need extra help for the video shoot, there are several staffing companies in North Vancouver that can provide personnel. They have a wide range of employees available, from production assistants and drivers to security staff.
Video Shoot Vendors in North Vancouver
- Digital Dreams Enterprises
Looking for a video production company that can help you create stunning TV commercials, corporate videos, web videos, documentaries, or live event performance videos? Look no further than Digital Dreams Enterprises, which is based in North Vancouver. The Digital Dreams Enterprises team has years of experience producing videos for all sorts of clients, including performance promoters, non-profit and government organisations, and real estate firms. Their talented videographers will capture your shoot in a truly cinematic way, ensuring that you'll be able to look back on your special day with fond memories for years to come.
- Make Up by Andrea Salazar M
Andrea Salazar is a professional makeup artist and hairstylist based in North Vancouver. Her mission is to help you enhance your natural beauty and feel your best. She loves experimenting with colors and embellishing natural features. Andrea Salazar offers mobile services in the greater Vancouver area and her services include special events, bridal, prom/grad, TV/film, fashion/editorial, commercial/print, airbrushing, body painting, special FX, group or private lessons, and more.
- Clark's Audio Visual
At Clark's Audio Visual, they have the latest technology and can offer you a variety of AV solutions to suit your needs. Not only do they offer equipment rentals, but they also have a full-service option with qualified technicians who will take care of all your AV needs from start to finish. They're passionate about providing creative and innovative products and services that bring any project to life and make sure your message is heard loud and clear. With more than 40 years of experience, they know how to handle all the technical details of your shoot, and their personalised approach means they'll be there with you every step of the way.
Pros and Cons of Video Shoots in North Vancouver
North Vancouver is a great destination for video shoots due to its stunning mountain views, clean and well-maintained parks, interesting architecture, and proximity to the ocean. However, there are some drawbacks to shooting in North Vancouver that must be considered before making the decision to film here.
- North Vancouver boasts a plethora of locations for filmmakers to choose from, ranging from the wild beauty of Grouse Mountain and Capilano Suspension Bridge Park to contemporary settings like Lonsdale Quay or Granville Island.
- There are numerous film studios and equipment rental services available in this area so filmmakers don’t need to worry about having to bring expensive gear from elsewhere.
- The cost of renting locations in North Vancouver can be more affordable compared to filming in other parts of Canada due to the abundance of public property available for filming purposes.
- Despite its natural beauty, North Vancouver does not have a lot of bustling urban areas like other cities do – making it difficult for filmmakers who need a specific type of background or setting in their productions.
- There can also be traffic restrictions on certain roads or highways depending on your production schedule.
- Parking can also be limited at times around popular shooting locations.
- North Vancouver’s weather can sometimes make filming difficult - with sudden changes in temperature and increased rain during certain months making production outdoors difficult without proper planning ahead of time.
Tips on How to Organize Video Shoots in North Vancouver
Preparing a location for a video shoot is no small task. You must consider all the elements involved in the shoot and ensure that the space is suitable for whatever content you are creating. Here are some tips on how to organize a video shoot location in North Vancouver!
- Research the area thoroughly: Before setting up your shot, take time to research the area, including any local laws or permits that might need to be obtained in order to film there. Additionally, if possible you should make sure to check out the layout of the area so that you can plan where you will set up cameras, lights, etc.
- Make sure your equipment works properly: It’s essential that you check all of your equipment before heading out on site; this includes cameras, lenses, lighting, audio equipment, and more. Have spare batteries and cables on hand just in case something goes wrong while shooting.
- Bring protective gear for yourself and your crew: Once at a location, it’s important that everyone has appropriate clothing and protective gear such as hats, sunblock lotion, or even bug spray depending on where you’re shooting and what season it is!
- Get permission from local businesses/residents before setting up shop: Depending on your video production needs, there may be certain areas around North Vancouver where you will need permission from local businesses or residents before setting up shop to film – make sure this step is taken care of ahead of time so you don’t run into any issues during filming!
- Create an itinerary for the day of production including meal breaks/rest periods for cast and crew members: This is especially important if filming runs late into the evening hours as everybody needs rest in order to stay focused and safe while shooting outdoors! Additionally, make sure meals are provided especially when shooting long days away from home base.
- Set up signs and barricades if needed: Depending on your production size and scope, it might be necessary to set up signs and barricades at potential locations so people know what's going on and why they cannot access certain portions of an area during filming hours (or even overnight). This way there won't be any surprises come filming day and everyone knows how best to proceed without disturbing anyone else who happens to be nearby!
Famous Locations in North Vancouver
If you're looking for an exhilarating way to take in the natural beauty of British Columbia, look no further than Cliffwalk. This series of narrow bridges and walkways follow the curve of a granite precipice along the Capilano River, providing visitors with breathtaking views and unique perspectives on the surrounding landscape. Not for the faint of heart, Cliffwalk is high and narrow in some sections, with nothing but open grated walkways separating guests from the canyon far below. But don't worry — Cliffwalk can safely support up to 45 tonnes, so you can rest assured that you're in good hands. Plus, with only 16 anchor points in the cliff, you'll be able to enjoy uninterrupted views of Capilano Canyon stretching out before you.
- Rice Lake
If you're looking for a place to take a peaceful stroll or cast your line, Rice Lake is perfect. It's located right on the edge of Lynn Headwaters Regional Park in North Vancouver. There are several different vantage points to view the lake, as well as benches to relax and enjoy the scenery. Long-legged herons and a wide variety of colourful ducks are active around the lake, and you might even spot an eagle or an owl. Rice Lake is also a popular fishing spot as it's stocked with 5,000 rainbow trout each year.
- Lynn Canyon Park
If you’re searching for outdoor beauty and adventure, Lynn Canyon Park is the perfect attraction for you. First opened to the public in 1912, this beautiful park is home to a number of popular hiking trails and some of the best scenery anywhere in British Columbia. The highlight is of course the Lynn Canyon Suspension Bridge, which stands 50 metres above the canyon on the Baden Powell Trail. And with 617 acres of forest to explore in the surrounding area, there’s plenty more to keep you busy here.