About Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills is a beautiful, world-renowned city located in Los Angeles County, California. The city is known for its luxury hotels and upscale shopping, as well as its role in the entertainment industry. Beverly Hills is also home to many popular tourist destinations, including Rodeo Drive and the Beverly Hills Hotel.
In addition to being a popular tourist destination, Beverly Hills is also a popular location for film and television production. The city has been a filming location for numerous movies and TV shows, including The O.C., Pretty Woman, The Bodyguard, Entourage, and The Beverly Hillbillies. Beverly Hills is also home to several production studios, including Paramount Pictures and Warner Bros. Studios.
Whether you're filming a high-end commercial or shooting a music video, there are numerous options for capturing the unique atmosphere Beverly Hills provides. The city's best filming location options range from celebrity homes with well-manicured gardens to iconic buildings and monuments.
Video Shoot Options in Beverly Hills
There are various makeup artists to choose from in Beverly Hills, so you're sure to find one that suits your taste. These artists will assist in making the subjects of a film appear their finest and also create special effects makeup for characters if necessary. Try to find a makeup artist who has experience working for video, film, and TV.
If you’re a beginner or unskilled in capturing videos, then you may want to consider hiring a professional videographer. Some videography companies also offer postproduction services such as editing and applying special effects, so you won’t have to bother looking for a separate vendor. Fortunately, Beverly Hills has a plethora of videographers to choose from depending on your taste and budget.
Not only can catering companies provide food and drink for those on a video shoot, but they will also set up and take down the equipment once the shoot is over. Since Beverly Hills is a popular filming location, you can expect that plenty of catering companies are based here and cater to video shoots.
Video Shoot Vendors in Beverly Hills
- Emporium Thai Catering
Emporium Thai understands that good food is an essential part of a good life. That's why they strive to serve homemade meals that are not only delicious but also good for you and the environment. Since 2000, they have been sharing the authentic flavors of Thai food with their customers. As a family-owned business, they compare favorably to other restaurants because of their personal touch. And they're always looking for ways to improve, which is why they update their menu seasonally and offer gluten-free, soy-free, and nut-free options. They also make all of their sauces and curry paste in-house. In addition to their regular dining room, they also provide catering services, with options for delivery and pickup. Though based in Los Angeles, they offer a Beverly Hills catering package that consists of vegetarian egg rolls, pad thai, yellow curry, papaya salad, pad broccoli, spicy eggplant, and jasmine white rice.
- Los Angeles Videographers LLC
If you’re looking for a videographer who has a wealth of experience and who can match your budget, look no further than Los Angeles Videographers LLC. Although they’ve already worked with millionaires and billionaires, the team takes pride in serving underrepresented communities and minorities. Their videographers graduated from top film schools such as UCLA and USC, so you can rest assured that you’re getting the best talent. And best of all, they have more than enough experience capturing videos for YouTube, film, TV, commercials, music videos, and independent film projects. Los Angeles Videographers LLC services Los Angeles County (including Beverly Hills) and more.
- The Glamobile
Makeup artist Amelia Castaño launched Beauty Pigments in 2017 as a trendy cosmetics store in San Fernando’s historic district. However, during the COVID-19 pandemic, her business closed. When things slowly got back to normal, she started The Glamobile, a team of skilled makeup artists and hair stylists offering mobile beauty services in Los Angeles and Orange County. They offer many services to suit your needs, including makeup application, lash extensions, and brow shaping. So if you're ever in need of some beauty services for your upcoming video shoot, be sure to check out her company's website!
Pros and Cons of Video Shoots in Beverly Hills
The 9021o is a wonderful filming location for diverse video content. Still, there are some pros and cons to consider when searching for the perfect video shoot locations in Beverly Hills.
- The city is home to renowned Hollywood production companies, meaning that if you’re shooting a video there, you’ll have access to some of the best crews in the business.
- Beverly Hills houses a pool of professional actors and actresses who can bring your project to life. Additionally, there are plenty of talented singers and musicians who are willing to lend their skills for a great video shoot.
- The city provides an abundance of filming options, from iconic movie locations like Rodeo Drive or the Hollywood sign to more low-key suburban areas or natural settings like Santa Monica Beach.
- Depending on where you want to film and how large your crew is going to be, you may need permits from several different sources just for one shoot in Beverly Hills. This can be a bit time-consuming and require additional research ahead of time.
- Parking near popular sites in Beverly Hills often requires permits as well which can add another layer of difficulty when planning your shoot. Additionally, traffic can be quite heavy during peak hours making it difficult for crew members or equipment trucks to move between locations throughout the day.
- During peak filming hours, which is naturally during the day, crowds tend to form around popular attractions and it could potentially interfere with shots or cause distractions while filming takes place.
Tips on How to Organize Video Shoots in Beverly Hills
The upscale and luxurious vibe of Beverly Hills, along with its steady reputation as a popular filming location, can make it quite intimidating to shoot a video in the city. However, with proper preparation and knowledge of the area, you can successfully navigate a video shoot in Beverly Hills.
- Make a schedule: Schedule the video shoot in advance and make sure to send out invitations to all personnel associated with it at least two weeks before. Ensure that all necessary equipment, props, and materials are acquired and on location prior to the day of the shoot.
- Make a list: Put together a comprehensive list of supplies needed for the shoot such as lighting rigs, cameras, microphone stands, sound recording devices, monitors, editing software, etc., and ensure that you have a reliable source for renting them if necessary.
- Choose the right location for light: Select an appropriate location that has adequate natural light during filming hours and enough space for all crew members and equipment. Research possible locations in Beverly Hills beforehand to find one that best suits your needs.
- Make a schedule: Establish a timeline for completing each segment of the video shoot, including planning breaks or meals between scenes if needed. Make sure everyone
Famous Locations in Beverly Hills
- Beverly Gardens Park
Beverly Gardens Park is home to several art installations, gardens, two decorative fountains, and the infamous 40-foot-long Beverly Hills sign. The park also features picnic tables and a courtyard with sculptures and art pieces, which are visible from all sides. The Electric Fountain, located at the junction of Wilshire and Santa Monica Boulevards on the western edge of the park, is another popular photo location. The fountain was built in 1931 and was once one of the largest electric fountains in the world. It has since been restored and now offers a spectacular light show set to music every hour on the hour. Whether you're looking for a place to relax in nature or snap some Instagram-worthy photos, Beverly Gardens Park is well worth a visit.
- Greystone Mansion
Greystone is an exquisite 1920s mansion that is situated off Sunset Boulevard. The estate sits on 13 acres of beautifully landscaped land that is open to exploration. It's a popular place for photoshoots (by permit only) and has been featured in many Hollywood productions. Unfortunately, most of the time Greystone is off-limits to the general public. However, there are occasional events and private tours that allow visitors to explore this incredible space. So if you're lucky enough to be staying at Greystone, be sure to take advantage of it by spending some time outdoors in the sun!
- Franklin Canyon Park
Franklin Canyon Park is a hidden gem in the Los Angeles area. This vast park encompasses over 600 acres, making it one of the largest parks in the city. Visitors can enjoy a variety of activities, from hiking and birdwatching to picnicking and fishing. The park also has a rich history, as it was once home to a working ranch. Franklin Canyon Park is a popular destination for locals and tourists looking to experience nature in the city. With short and long hiking trails available, there's something for everyone in this oasis.