About New Orleans
New Orleans is one of America's most vibrant, exciting, and culturally-rich cities. Situated at the mouth of the Mississippi River, New Orleans is a unique port city with an influence from both Southern and Caribbean cultures that set it apart from the rest of the United States. The city is known for its cuisine, music, festivals, and historic architecture, especially in the French Quarter.
Interestingly, this culturally rich city was once part of France before being sold to the United States in 1803 as part of the Louisiana Purchase. This event shook history even further when Napoleon Bonaparte reacquired it briefly in 1809 before it was sold again by Emperor Napoleon I shortly after, cementing New Orleans’ unique place in American history!
The team-building activities available in New Orleans are expansive, and take advantage of this city's wealth of attractions. From Segway tours of Jackson Square to bayou boat tours with swamp animals, there’s something for every group looking to bond. For more adventurous groups, ziplining through Louisiana’s forests or climbing rock walls in City Park should have your team working together as they conquer their goals!
Team Building Options in New Orleans
- Audio/Visual Equipment
Team building events in New Orleans can be more fun and engaging with audio/visual equipment. This could include projector screens, karaoke machines, speakers, microphones, and other sound and lighting equipment to make your event stand out.
Furniture rentals can provide a great way to customize the atmosphere of your team-building event in New Orleans. From lounge chairs to folding tables and tents, furniture rentals can make it easy to create the atmosphere you desire for your group.
- Office Stationery
Office stationery is essential for any team-building event in New Orleans. This includes pens, paper, markers, dry-erase boards, whiteboards, clipboards, and highlighters to help organize activities and track results.
Photography can capture all the special moments at your New Orleans team-building event. It's a great way to document progress and create lasting memories for all attendees. Professional photographers can capture high-quality images that will last a lifetime.
Team Building Vendors in New Orleans
- Workplace Solutions
Workplace Solutions acknowledges the importance of well-designed architecture, furniture, and technology in promoting collaboration and creating a positive work environment where employees can reach their full potential. They strive to ensure customer satisfaction and actively engage in their local community. With years of experience in the industry, they understand the significance of matching companies with the most appropriate solutions to meet their specific needs. By collaborating with their clients, Workplace Solutions aims to help build successful workspaces that foster growth and achievement.
- Power On Productions
Power On Productions is an audio-visual company with over 30 years of experience that provides customized solutions to its customers. The team is committed to delivering high-quality products and services, which has resulted in great customer satisfaction. Since 2014, they have become a reliable resource for flawless events, thanks to their expert team led by owner Sean Howlett and experienced industry professionals. Power On Productions can handle even the largest events, and their clients can rest assured that their events will be executed seamlessly.
- Tyler Drude Photography
Tyler is a professional photographer based in Crescent City who specializes in capturing unique and authentic moments of events. His photography style emphasizes experiences and emotions and aims to create a special environment for his clients to feel comfortable and relaxed. Tyler selects unique locations, such as stunning waterfronts or picturesque parks, to create a memorable backdrop for his clients. His approach to photography can be a valuable addition to team-building activities, as it encourages people to bond and share experiences while creating lasting memories.
Pros and Cons of Team Buildings in New Orleans
Team building is an essential part of any successful organization, as it promotes collaboration and encourages the development of positive relationships among co-workers. New Orleans is an excellent destination for team-building activities because of its diverse culture and entertainment options. However, companies should consider the pros and cons of team building in New Orleans before planning their event.
- One major advantage of planning a team-building event in New Orleans is that many unique activities can help foster meaningful connections between coworkers.
- From cultural attractions such as the Garden District and French Quarter to outdoor pursuits like kayaking on Lake Pontchartrain, there are many entertaining yet productive opportunities for teams to bond with one another.
- Additionally, many businesses find that the lively atmosphere in New Orleans helps break down barriers and makes communication easier among employees.
- Another key benefit is that many venues offer customized packages tailored to meet specific organizational needs while staying within budget parameters.
- Businesses can also benefit from tax credits available when holding events in certain locations around the city. This can help reduce costs while providing all involved with a memorable and enjoyable experience.
- The major downside of hosting a team-building event in New Orleans is the high cost associated with travel and lodging in such a popular tourist destination.
- Furthermore, companies must consider distractions such as Bourbon Street which could lead to disorderly conduct if not appropriately managed.
- Additionally, summer months tend to bring scorching heat and humidity levels, which can be unpleasant for participants if adequate cooling solutions are not provided during activities outdoors or in enclosed areas without air conditioning.
- Finally, teams should research local laws concerning noise levels, as restrictions may vary from location to location throughout the city.
Tips on How to Organize Team Buildings in New Orleans
From outdoor activities to hands-on experiences, various ways exist to create memorable experiences in this vibrant city. Here are some tips on how to organize team building in New Orleans:
- Incorporate the Arts: Take advantage of the many cultural experiences that abound in New Orleans by incorporating art into your team-building activity. Visit local galleries or take a mural tour with a local artist or art historian as your guide. You can also take part in interactive music workshops where you learn about the rhythms and tunes of the Crescent City.
- Participate in Outdoor Activities: Take advantage of the fantastic scenery around New Orleans by organizing outdoor activities like kayaking or swamp tours with knowledgeable guides. Spend time exploring city parks or hiking through nearby wildlife reserves such as Jean Lafitte National Historical Park and Preserve. For more thrills, try some zip-lining adventures at multiple locations near the city too!
- Go Behind the Scenes: Immerse yourself in all that New Orleans offers by taking behind-the-scenes tours of some of its most iconic landmarks, such as Bourbon Street or Preservation Hall Jazz Club. While on these tours, you’ll better understand the history and culture behind each place while having fun simultaneously!
- Enjoy Local Cuisine: What better way to bond than over delectable local food? Take team members out for dinner at one of the countless award-winning restaurants in town that serve traditional Creole dishes with a modern twist. Or consider hosting an event at a private cooking class, where participants can learn about ingredients native to Louisiana while learning how to whip up signature meals from scratch!
- Plan Logistical Elements Carefully: As with any group activity, it’s important to plan for transportation needs and accommodations when organizing team builds in New Orleans. Make sure everyone knows exactly where they need to be when it comes time for the big event; this will help ensure everything runs smoothly so everyone can focus on having fun!
Famous Locations in New Orleans
- Fort Macomb Ruins
Located between the Mississippi River and Lake Borgne, the Fort Macomb Ruins are one of the many hidden gems in New Orleans. It is a 19th-century structure that is worth exploring for history buffs. Originally built as part of the Third System defense to guard Louisiana against attack in 1822, it became an integral part of the United States military defense. Sadly, it was eventually destroyed by fire in 1867 and was further ruined after its aftermath from Hurricane Katrina. While entering is not advisable due to its volatile and deteriorated state, it remains a popular attraction for travelers looking for adventurous activities.
- Old New Orleans Rum Distillery
The Old New Orleans Rum Distillery is a must-see for all lovers of fine drinks. Established in the United States' oldest cotton warehouse, which has been standing for an incredible 150 years, the distillery uses locally-grown sugarcane from Louisiana to make its molasses, which it then employs to create premium rum and cocktails. Come aboard for a 45-minute tour of rum production, from fermentation and distillation to aging. Then indulge in a fun tasting session at the end! Whether you prefer traditional drinks or something more creative, this is one of New Orleans' most iconic attractions — so don't miss out!
- Backstreet Cultural Museum
The Backstreet Cultural Museum in New Orleans is an extraordinary collection of artifacts and items related to African American life's history, culture, and traditions. This must-see museum offers a unique opportunity to learn about various fascinating customs, from film recordings of over 500 essential events to archives depicting myriad enduring and passed-down cultural practices. Among the many things you'll be able to experience include jazz funerals, pleasure clubs, Baby Dolls, Skull and Bone gangs, social aid societies, masking traditions, and much more. Though it might remain off the radar for some visitors to the great city of New Orleans, no trip would be complete without a visit to the one-of-a-kind Backstreet Cultural Museum!