About New Orleans
New Orleans is a city known for its vibrant culture, rich history, and diverse cuisine. Founded in 1718 by French colonists, New Orleans is the oldest city on the Mississippi River and one of the most culturally vibrant cities in America. It has been shaped by French, Spanish and African influences, which has created a unique architectural landscape featuring Creole cottages, shotgun houses, and grand antebellum mansions from colonial times.
The warm climate of New Orleans is reminiscent of the Mediterranean region and there are many architectural similarities between the two regions. The city’s unique architectural style is often referred to as “Creole Colonial” or “Tropical Baroque” due to its distinctive blend of baroque elements with tropical styles. The colorful buildings and balconies that line the streets reflect this distinct style. Additionally, French street names can still be found throughout the city as well as wrought-iron window grills in homes that are inspired by Barcelona designs.
An interesting fact about New Orleans is that it was once part of a different country — France! In 1803, Napoleon sold Louisiana to the United States during what became known as the Louisiana Purchase, but not before it had become an important trading port and strategic military location. Even today, there are still reminders of those early days with many residents speaking both English and French fluently.
Mediterranean Options in New Orleans
- Event Planner
A Mediterranean event planner in New Orleans can take the stress out of planning a large event. They will be able to provide advice and assistance with venue selection, budgeting, menu planning, and overall event design that fits within the Mediterranean style. They can also help to coordinate guest lists, vendors, staff, and catering services to ensure the event is successful.
Videographers in New Orleans specializing in Mediterranean events have experience capturing the unique flavor of this cultural style. They are familiar with filming traditional ceremonies such as weddings and engagements as well as capturing candid moments throughout the event. Their creative eye often results in stunning footage of family and friends celebrating together.
Lighting is an essential component when it comes to setting the right atmosphere for a Mediterranean event in New Orleans. Experienced lighting designers will be able to create a romantic ambiance through their use of soft hues or bold colors depending on the theme of the occasion. With strategically placed lights, these professionals can work wonders for transforming an outdoor or indoor space into something magical for guests to enjoy.
Mediterranean Vendors in New Orleans
- Julie Neill Designs
Julie Neill Designs offers exquisite lighting fixtures that can add a unique touch to events in this region. Handcrafted by local artisans, these exclusive pieces are designed to capture the essence of the city's personality, history, beauty, and individuality. From elegant chandeliers to eclectic sconces, each piece is infused with the spirit of New Orleans and its Mediterranean roots. With Julie Neill Designs, event planners can create a timeless and unforgettable atmosphere that is sure to leave a lasting impression on guests.
- Sapphire Events
Sapphire Events specializes in creating personalized and luxurious experiences for various celebrations and events. Their services extend from the vibrant culture of New Orleans to some of the most romantic destinations worldwide. With a dedicated team of experienced professionals, they aim to deliver memorable and cherished experiences for their clients. They go beyond just being creative and employ innovative ideas to transform ordinary events into extraordinary ones.
- Pigeon Catering
Pigéon Catering & Events is a catering company based in New Orleans that has been providing excellent food and services for over a decade. They offer a range of catering options, from corporate events to weddings and private parties, and pride themselves on creating memorable experiences for their clients. They also have extensive experience in providing nutritious and appetizing meals for schools and other educational institutions.
Pros and Cons of Mediterranean Locations in New Orleans
New Orleans, with its Mediterranean-style architecture and cuisine, is a unique location for hosting events. While there are many advantages to hosting an event in this vibrant and historic city, there are also some potential drawbacks to consider. Here are three pros and cons of hosting events in Mediterranean locations in New Orleans.
- Unique atmosphere: Hosting events in Mediterranean locations in New Orleans provides a unique atmosphere that can transport guests to different times and places. With the mix of Mediterranean and New Orleans cultures, guests can experience a unique fusion of cuisine, music, and decor.
- Scenic beauty: The Mediterranean-style architecture and scenic waterfront views provide a beautiful backdrop for events in New Orleans. The picturesque scenery can add to the ambiance and create an unforgettable experience for guests.
- Warm climate: With mild winters and hot summers, New Orleans' Mediterranean climate makes it an ideal location for events year-round. Guests can enjoy outdoor events without the worry of inclement weather.
- High humidity: New Orleans' Mediterranean climate also means high humidity, which can be uncomfortable for guests, particularly during outdoor events in the summer months.
- Hurricane risk: New Orleans is prone to hurricanes during the Atlantic hurricane season, which can disrupt or cancel events.
- Crowded tourist areas: New Orleans is a popular tourist destination, and Mediterranean locations can attract even more crowds, which can make it challenging to find suitable event spaces and accommodations.
Tips on How to Organize Mediterranean Locations in New Orleans
If you're planning to organize an event in a Mediterranean location in New Orleans, it's important to keep in mind that there are certain considerations you'll need to make. From choosing the right venue to navigating the unique culture of the region, there are a variety of factors that can impact the success of your event. To help you plan a memorable and successful occasion, we've put together five tips that can help ensure your event is a hit:
- Understand the culture and customs: Take the time to understand the local culture and customs of the Mediterranean locations in New Orleans. This includes food, music, and other traditions that may differ from your own. Incorporating these elements into your event can help create a more authentic experience for your guests.
- Consider the weather: The weather in Mediterranean locations in New Orleans can be quite hot and humid, particularly during the summer months. Be sure to plan accordingly by providing shade, water, and air conditioning as needed to keep your guests comfortable.
- Choose the right venue: There are many beautiful venues in Mediterranean locations in New Orleans, but it's important to choose one that fits your specific needs. Consider factors such as capacity, accessibility, and amenities when selecting a venue.
- Work with local vendors: Working with local vendors can help ensure that your event is authentic and that you have access to the best resources in the area. Consider hiring local caterers, musicians, and event planners to help make your event a success.
- Plan ahead: Planning ahead is key when organizing events in Mediterranean locations in New Orleans. Be sure to book your venue and vendors well in advance, and create a detailed timeline for your event to ensure that everything runs smoothly.
Famous Locations in New Orleans
- F. Scott Fitzgerald's Boarding House
Most may know F. Scott Fitzgerald as the author of The Great Gatsby and one of the best American writers of the twentieth century. But before he became a literary rock star for this celebrated novel, he wrote two other books that were less popular. One of these books was even written in a cheap boarding house in New Orleans, where Fitzgerald worked towards perfecting his craft. While it's not possible to enter the exact room Fitzgerald worked on This Side of Paradise, it is still possible to take a glimpse at his humble beginnings — all you have to do is look up! You simply need to stand at Lafayette Cemetery 1 and crane your neck upwards; there, you can see exactly where all began for him. So if you're looking for something unique to do in New Orleans, take a moment to recognize an icon who got his start right here!
- Lafayette Cemetery
One of the best things to do in New Orleans is visit Lafayette Cemetery. Established before the city of New Orleans even existed, it is the oldest cemetery owned by the city, remaining a fixture and continuing to draw visitors today. For those yearning for something more somber than a party-filled Bourbon Street visit, this historical landmark is not only a great place to respectfully meander through history — but also to get an intimate view of many iconic scenes in The Originals! Honoring both our past and present, take some time to traverse Lafayette Cemetery — you won’t regret it.
- Saenger Theatre
Saenger Theatre in New Orleans has been through quite a journey since 1927 when it was first constructed as an atmospheric movie theatre. With multiple restorations under its belt, the building today is nothing short of magnificent — the sheer opulence of its grand facade continues to charm visitors and locals alike. Despite having shrunk from its original 4,000-seat capacity to 2,600 seats, Saenger Theatre is faring better than ever! Today it stands as one of the city's best attractions for performance art lovers. From concerts to live comedy and children's shows to musicals, this behemoth building houses them all! If you happen to wander around New Orleans anytime soon, we suggest you keep an eye out for their events schedule — you never know what amazing production will be showing!