Miami, Florida is an exciting city that has captured the nation's imagination with its vivid culture and vibrant atmosphere. Located in southeastern Florida along the Atlantic Ocean, Miami is home to a diverse population of nearly half a million people. It is also one of the most popular tourist destinations in the United States, drawing millions of visitors each year from across the globe.
The city has long been associated with film production, as it was once home to major movie companies like Universal Studios and Paramount Pictures. This history of film production continues to this day, with Miami playing host to some of Hollywood’s most well-known productions, such as Scarface and Miami Vice. The warm climate makes production in Miami very attractive for filmmakers, allowing them to take advantage of outdoor shooting locations year-round.
Miami also offers generous tax incentives for filming projects in the area, making it an ideal place for independent filmmakers looking to save money on their productions. From being dubbed “the Magic City” to being featured prominently in song lyrics and movies alike, it’s no wonder why so many people love visiting or living in this vibrant metropolis by the sea!
Production Space Options in Miami
- Audio/Visual Equipment Rental
When carrying out a production, utilizing high-quality sound and video equipment is essential. Of course, budgeting may not allow for the purchase of all new equipment, but, renting this type of electronics is easy and much cheaper in Miami. In addition, you’ll find some of the most beautiful backdrops in the world in Miami’s backyard.
When hosting a production event, work hours can begin early in the morning and last into the wee hours of the night. A little planning ahead can ensure you and your colleagues have everything you need on-site for long work days. Miami is home to a plethora of local catering companies that will bring the restaurant experience to you. Plus, most caterers offer menus for budgets both large and small.
- Private Car Service
Miami is a bustling city; it is also a place where most locals depend on a personal vehicle for traversing the larger areas of the city. This can cause issues such as traffic congestion and delays in arrival times. Miami does have an efficient and safe public transportation system, but, it only reaches certain areas of the city. Hiring a private car service that offers point-to-point transportation can ensure you and your crew are where you should be on time, every time.
Production Space Companies in Miami
- The Daily Creative Food Company
The Daily Creative Food Company is chiefly a restaurant in Miami, but they also offer catering to fit any budget. The catering menu offers breakfast items as well as lunch and dinner entrees. One may also choose lunch platters to feed a crowd. The Daily Creative Food Company offers delivery or pick-up, and they have multiple locations in the Miami area.
- Midtown Audio Visual Rental and Production
Whether you’re in the market for lighting, audio equipment, or video technology, Midtown Audio Visual Rental and Production is happy to put together all the things you need for a successful production event. The professionals at Midtown Audio Visual have over a decade of experience in assisting others in finding everything they need, and they work with all types of budgets. Plus, they deliver and set up the equipment.
- Black Car Service Miami
Black Car Service Miami is a premier private car service offering airport pick-up and drop-off, point-to-point transportation, and hourly service. They work with a wide variety of budgets and they promise the best rates in the Miami area. Don’t fight traffic in a rental; let Black Car Service Miami smoothly traverse the city for you.
Pros and Cons of Productions in Miami
Miami is an ideal destination for production spaces due to its vibrant culture and diverse cityscape. With its sunny climate, stunning beaches, and bustling nightlife, Miami has something to offer to every production space. Below are some of the pros and cons of shooting in a production space in Miami.
- Production spaces in Miami are often more cost-effective than other locations due to their accessibility and competitive pricing.
- With such a variety of locations within reach, there’s bound to be something that perfectly fits your project’s needs.
- Miami is home to a talented pool of actors, models, photographers, filmmakers, and other professionals who can help quickly bring your project to life.
- No matter what type of look you’re aiming for with your project, Miami has it all; from gritty urban street scenes to lush tropical jungles - you can create any atmosphere you desire here!
- Although the weather is generally mild throughout the year in Miami, there are times when rain or other inclement weather can affect shooting schedules or hinder productions altogether.
- The popularity of production spaces in Miami means that availability can often be limited; it's best practice to book early if you want to secure a specific location for your project.
- If your shoot requires vehicle access or has a lot of moving parts involved, traffic may pose an issue, as many popular spots tend to have high congestion levels during peak hours. Hurricanes can occasionally affect production schedules.
Tips On How to Organize Productions in Miami
As anyone who has ever produced a play or film knows, the process can be incredibly chaotic. There are a million moving parts, and it can be hard to keep track of everything. Here are a few tips on how to organize production in Miami:
- Create a production calendar: This should include all of the critical dates for your production, from auditions to opening night. Having everything in one place will help you stay organized and on track.
- Make a master list of all the tasks needed: This list should be divided into categories, such as set design, costumes, marketing, etc. As you complete each lesson, you can check it off the list. This will help ensure that nothing gets forgotten in the shuffle.
- Delegate tasks to your team: Don't try to do everything yourself! Delegate critical tasks to trusted team members so you can focus on the big picture.
- Stay flexible: Despite your best efforts, things will inevitably go wrong during production. Rather than getting frazzled, try to stay calm and relaxed. It's all part of the process!
Famous Locations in Miami
- The Art Deco Walking Tour
The Art Deco District is home to the Art Deco Museum as well as the Welcome Center. This walking tour takes only an hour and thirty minutes, but you’ll get a great idea of the personality of the city by participating.
Love flea markets or vintage retail shops? Be sure to stop by Allapattah while visiting Miami. This neighborhood is near the Wynwood area (near the Art Deco district), and it is also home to some delectable Latin Restaurants (you won’t find a Honduran restaurant just anywhere in the US).
- South Beach and Lummus Park
This is a free public beach in Miami, and the best time to visit is after 4 pm each day. Many videos, films, and television shows have been filmed here. The beach is easily accessed via a short walk.