Top Film Shoot venues
Looking for a unique Film Shoot venue? Save money by booking directly with local hosts
Straw bale house in the desert with views
Pricing based on low impact 10 hour stills shoot with under 15 people.
Please inquire with project details for accurate rate. Harrison House is located steps away from Joshua Tree National Park. Often used for artists retreats, the grounds on 10 acres are filled with beautiful desert plants and include an outdoor stage, patio and expansive views of the desert. The "great room" inside the house is acoustically perfect. The bathroom is a work of art tiled creatively from floor to ceiling. Outdoor sculptures are placed throughout the property.
Boulders, Joshua Tree Forest, Mid-Century House
An artistic landmark high atop a private rock-encrusted mount more than 300 feet above the surrounding area, on 20+ private acres nestled against a wildlife preserve and Joshua Tree National Park. Spectacular 360 degree views and night sky.
This incomparable property is unlike any other with its monolithic rock formations, a true Joshua Tree forest, spectacularly diverse native plant life, and an abundance of native wildlife. One of the only locations with a fully paved drive. To the North you overlook the town of Joshua Tree, to the South undeveloped spectacular boulder and desert land with a Joshua Tree forest and no view of civilization, to the West and East, boulder mountains with unprecedented amounts of plant life. Intimately experience this one-of-a-kind refuge and the natural wonders that have made Joshua Tree world famous.
DUE TO COVID RESTRICTIONS- The Home os not included in the listing/pricing without separate agreement.
Built in the late 1960s and situated at the end of a near quarter-mile private paved driveway, the home’s mid-century modern architecture soars above the Joshua Tree desert horizon with large windows and breathtaking views from every room. Made of solid block adorned with native natural stone, the retro/vintage architecture is perfectly complimented by serving dually as a private art gallery that features original artworks from celebrated artisans—including original large outdoor sculptures of a Bighorn Sheep and Roadrunner placed among the rocks, created by the home's original builder, esteemed artist sculptor Howard Pierce. The home features a grand piano in the drawing room and a vaulted sunroom overlooking Downtown Joshua Tree and its renowned desert night skies. Multiple covered and uncovered patios are located throughout the estate, including an outdoor spa with awe-inspiring mountain views, and a propane grill. It also features one small 3/4 and one full bath that remain in their original vintage form, and three bedrooms -- each with a queen bed and with an additional futon in the master bedroom. The kitchen carries the original vintage vibe of the home, as do the unique and post modern furnishings.
IMPORTANT: Due to COVID restrictions, we currently are making the land available and if you want to use the inside of the house for more than restrooms, then that needs to be negotiated that separately. (Please note house restrooms are for up to 15, as per the listing.)
Other optional service offered are use of a drone for $1,000 per day, night shoots for added $450 per 4 nighttime hours, piano tuning for $250, and hot tub usage for $320. If you want any of these please contact us so we can send you a custom offer through this site. If your hours exceed 8, we need to increase the site rep fee. There is a nearby parking lot that could hold 100 standard car-sized vehicles, and if you need to rent that, let us know and we will send you the link for that rental as well.) Onsite at the venue is restricted to 8 standard vehicles.
And please don't ask about events such as weddings with guests more than our listing includes. We are not accepting these.
Mid-Century Mecca in the Desert
Pristine desert location. The house backs up to a sizable hill which is all federal land and there is also federal land in front of the house so there is a vast open desert landscape. The vista in the distance is all mountains.
Geodesic Dome in the Desert in Joshua Tree
Re-energize in solace under the desert sky in this modern-bohemian dome, featuring many personally designed and handcrafted items. Stimulate your mind and spirit with natural wood and stone elements, and enjoy antique books and games while you take in sprawling mountain views by day and twinkling stars by night. The natural wood burning stove and space heaters warm the home on chilly evenings, and ample AC keeps the dome cool on hot desert days.
Dome in the Desert has been featured in many magazines, including Condé Nast Traveler, Esquire Magazine, Goop, Refinery29, and Apartment Therapy.
We have included many personal items for your enjoyment including rare and antique items which we have collected over the years and would be very difficult to replace.
- No smoking
- No pets
- Do not sublet the property
While on the property, please observe these rules:
- Please park vehicle in front of house (close to front-door). Do not drive vehicle around side or rear of the property because the weight of your vehicle could damage or collapse plumbing water lines and septic tank!
- The property uses a Septic System for waste disposal. Please do not discard anything in the sinks or toilet other than the provided, septic safe, toilet paper because it will clog (which means you will not be able to use the toilet, shower, and sink)
- Please do not leave the wood burning stove unattended (for obvious reasons of course)
- No outdoor fires
- Please exercise extreme caution when operating the telescope
- Please operate and safeguard the premises including, landscaping, furniture, furnishings, appliances and all mechanical, electrical and plumbing fixtures, and keep them clean and sanitary
- Please do not hang anything off of our Joshua Tree (such as exercise equipment etc.) Joshua Trees are very fragile and might collapse.
- Owner recommends that Occupant carry or obtain insurance to protect Occupant, guests and licensees and their personal property from any loss or damage.
Your safety is EXTREMELY important so please follow these rules when accessing the loft:
- Do not enter the loft if you feel unsafe in any way. Remember, you are using the loft at your own risk!
- No shoes allowed in loft area
- Four (4) people maximum in loft at any time
- The loft ladder does not have a hand rail - Please exercise extreme caution when climbing up and down the ladder. It is recommended that you climb the ladder with a spotter (someone to assist you) either above or below to guarantee safe passage
- The loft is equipped with a decorative rope railing - DO NOT lean against or pull on the rope! We recommend that you keep a safe distance of at least 18" from the railing to avoid the possibility of falling off the loft edge
- Please refrain from standing or jumping in the loft
- No minors are permitted on the ladder or in the loft without strict adult supervision!
- Do not access the loft if intoxicated in any way!
- Use general common sense when using the loft (don't jump or throw things over the edge, etc.)
HOURLY RATE: Hourly Rate based on total number of people.
CALCULATE HOURLY RATE: Hourly Rate is $180/hour for 4 people (10 hour minimum). Each added person is $25/hour.