Mid-Century Mecca in the Desert
Pristine desert location. The house backs up to a sizable hill which is all federal land and there is also federal land in front of the house so there is a vast open desert landscape. The vista in the distance is all mountains.
Geodesic Dome in the Desert in Joshua Tree
Re-energize in solace under the desert sky in this modern-bohemian dome, featuring many personally designed and handcrafted items. Stimulate your mind and spirit with natural wood and stone elements, and enjoy antique books and games while you take in sprawling mountain views by day and twinkling stars by night. The natural wood burning stove and space heaters warm the home on chilly evenings, and ample AC keeps the dome cool on hot desert days.
Dome in the Desert has been featured in many magazines, including Condé Nast Traveler, Esquire Magazine, Goop, Refinery29, and Apartment Therapy.
We have included many personal items for your enjoyment including rare and antique items which we have collected over the years and would be very difficult to replace.
- No smoking
- No pets
- Do not sublet the property
While on the property, please observe these rules:
- Please park vehicle in front of house (close to front-door). Do not drive vehicle around side or rear of the property because the weight of your vehicle could damage or collapse plumbing water lines and septic tank!
- The property uses a Septic System for waste disposal. Please do not discard anything in the sinks or toilet other than the provided, septic safe, toilet paper because it will clog (which means you will not be able to use the toilet, shower, and sink)
- Please do not leave the wood burning stove unattended (for obvious reasons of course)
- No outdoor fires
- Please exercise extreme caution when operating the telescope
- Please operate and safeguard the premises including, landscaping, furniture, furnishings, appliances and all mechanical, electrical and plumbing fixtures, and keep them clean and sanitary
- Please do not hang anything off of our Joshua Tree (such as exercise equipment etc.) Joshua Trees are very fragile and might collapse.
- Owner recommends that Occupant carry or obtain insurance to protect Occupant, guests and licensees and their personal property from any loss or damage.
Your safety is EXTREMELY important so please follow these rules when accessing the loft:
- Do not enter the loft if you feel unsafe in any way. Remember, you are using the loft at your own risk!
- No shoes allowed in loft area
- Four (4) people maximum in loft at any time
- The loft ladder does not have a hand rail - Please exercise extreme caution when climbing up and down the ladder. It is recommended that you climb the ladder with a spotter (someone to assist you) either above or below to guarantee safe passage
- The loft is equipped with a decorative rope railing - DO NOT lean against or pull on the rope! We recommend that you keep a safe distance of at least 18" from the railing to avoid the possibility of falling off the loft edge
- Please refrain from standing or jumping in the loft
- No minors are permitted on the ladder or in the loft without strict adult supervision!
- Do not access the loft if intoxicated in any way!
- Use general common sense when using the loft (don't jump or throw things over the edge, etc.)
HOURLY RATE: Hourly Rate based on total number of people.
CALCULATE HOURLY RATE: Hourly Rate is $180/hour for 4 people (10 hour minimum). Each added person is $25/hour.
Desert Escape in Joshua Tree
Perched lightly on top of a hill overlooking the Joshua Tree National Park mountains, this property has commanding desert views from sunrise to sunset. Watch the landscape come alive as the sun rises over our private 2.5 acre lot in Monument Manor, and capture the sunset on the front porch while sipping your favorite drink, and relaxing around the gabion fire pit.